“DISSAPOINTING”

Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is in a very good location. The attention was the worst. We´ve been there for almost 1.5 hour and they only bring us the rice we order, the waiter barely speaks english. They never bring us the main course and we ask twice for the check that after 15 minutes of waiting we pay it in the cashier as in McDonalds. The restaurant wasn´t even full. We paid for two rice plates as if we have a complete meal. Very dissaponted. Not deserve Michelin status.

1  Thank MBPdeI

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there in April 2018.
As many have said before me, this restaurant targets the tourist-market. However, in this location, with a view of the iconic MBS, who wouldn’t? Sometimes the touristy places are still good restaurants/bars, while offering views that make them ‘touristy’ in the first place. We had a selection of starters, and shared Creamy Crab as a main. We both loved it, it was delicious. Service was very attentive as wel. We went with two locals, who were both positively surprised and added this place to their list of favourite seafood resaurants. I guess that says it all.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Palm Beach with my family and they finally understood why it was a must-go!

First, we were greeted by the beautiful view of Marina Bay Sands. We chose to sit inside because I was afraid it would be too hot for my parents outside. But I heard the most would prefer to sit outside because of the view. Even when you are inside, there is a conscious attempt to sit you in the direction of the Bay Area so that you do not miss the spectacular view.

Palm beach is famous for their fresh seafood, hence we ordered Chili crab and creamy crab, and prawn dishes such as king prawn broth (can’t remember the exact name) and cereal prawns for sharing. The Chili crab wasn’t spicy enough for my family, but we were quickly distracted by the freshness (and size) of the crab, and by the next dish, which was the creamy crab. We are never fans of butter crabs or crabs with creamy sauce, but the creamy crab blew us away. The richness of the cream left is wanting for more (but we are too stuffed by all the food we ordered). We also ordered the crispy duck which was a pleasant experience because we were expecting it to taste like roast duck you can find in Kopitiam (I am not a fan of duck obviously!) The skin of the duck was crispy, like roasted chicken you can find in chicken rice store and nothing like roasted duck (with that layer of oil on the skin), nor was it similar to the thickness of Peking duck, but an interesting in between.

Here’s my top 3 favourites: creamy crab (bringing crab dishes to the next level), combi appetiser (the green sauce is the best dip I have ever eaten. pity the bamboo clams were not available due to the season because they go best with the sauce!), orh-nee (silky smooth yam paste - nowhere else I have been has been able to produce such a smooth texture. Not to mention that the sweetness of the dessert is perfectly suited to my parents liking)

Service always prompt and great as well. You could tell that the service crew was genuine in giving the customer a good experience.

Time to plan to head there again!

PS: Sorry, didn’t take pictures cos we simply digged in!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is in a good location, the food is good, but it obviously plays to the tourist market for Chilli Crab. It was very, very expensive for the meal that we had. Service was OK in a very busy restaurant, but we would not return.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently had a 1 night layover back to the states. Singapore is well known for their Chili Crab and this restaurant didn’t disappoint. It’s located right on the bay looking straight across at the famous Marina Bay Sands Hotel. It’s a beautiful view at night but make sure you reserve a table outside to get a view. We had the blackened pepper Crab which was outstanding. Their wok fried noodles and vegetables with garlic were also excellent. Wash it down with a great Tiger Beer.