1,468 results
All reviewstelok ayerchinese templedean and delucaairport pickupmrt stationwelcome drinkcomplimentary mini barclub streetgreat boutiquesingle roomtaxi rankbusiness districtshop housesfree callssmall hotelthe hotel staffdowntown line
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I stayed here for business as it was convenient for me to walk to the office I had a meeting in. The hotel frontage is a museum and the construction was mainly wooden to preserve its heritage- therefore, you will hear the other hotel guests' footsteps. It is surrounded by F&B outlets, which are open mostly until early evening. It is a short walk to Chinatown and Clarke Quay. You can even walk all the way to Marina Bay Sands as the paths are very well laid out.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear lengcw,

Thank you for your encouraging review of AMOY Hotel Singapore.

We are happy to read that the proximity from the hotel to your office served your needs well. We are also pleased that you found the respective Chinatown and Marina Bay areas to be easily accessible with a short walk. As you rightly pointed our, our museum is a heritage listed building and surrounded by a variety of eateries which ensures that the area is bustling with people especially during the lunch hour.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you wish to directly book your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

There was a last minute issue with power at the AMOY and I was given an upgrade to a suite at Rendezvous. So this is a review of staff not the hotel. I could speak too highly of the attention I got, including a staff member, Jasmine, coming out to the airport to collect me as I was mid flight from Australia when the power problem occurred. Jasmine went way and beyond, even accompanying me to the shopping mall to assist when my spectacles broke. 10 out of 10 for customer service and I will 100% book into AMOY when next in Singapore.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear John A,

It was a pleasure meeting you upon your departure and hearing first hand of the positive impression displayed by our associate Jasmine on your arrival at the airport as well as personally ensuring that you were well settled.

I certainly do hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you to AMOY Hotel in the not too distant future. You may reach me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg if I may be of any assistance in securing your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Exceeded all expectations. I loved the location in Chinatown and while being in the center of it all, it was surprisingly quiet and tranquil inside. The room is unique but very comfortable. The staff is the best, friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dolcefuga2,

Thank you for your wonderful endorsement of AMOY Hotel Singapore and we are delighted that the location of the property, comfortable rooms and hospitable associates served you well.

The team looks forward to your next stay with us. I am within reach at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance with your future bookings.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The Amoy is located very near Chinatown and is housed in an old Chinese Temple. The room was lovely with a wooden floor shower, porcelain sink and very comfortable bed. I can't say enough for how wonderful the staff are. On our arrival our room was ready, although it was mid morning. We asked the staff where the nearest Hawker Center was and they walked us halfway there. We had an afternoon tour and once again they guided us to the meeting place. That evening I fell and broke my arm. The bathroom and bedroom are on different levels and I missed a step. The staff immediately responded by icing my arm until the ambulance came, accompanied us to the hospital and stayed with us until it was determined the best place to be. They visited me several times, brought flowers and could not have been more helpful and understanding. They also moved my husband to a hotel nearby the hospital and accompanied us to the airport when we left. If you want exceptional service this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda H

Dear Linda H,

Thank you for your lovely review.

The AMOY Team hopes that you have well recovered from the unfortunate accident and that your arm has healed well. We also hope that you managed to complete the rest of your trip and in the process, had an enjoyable time.

It is always a pleasure to read that our associates have gone out of their way to ensure that the comfort and well being of our guests were prioritized especially in this instance. I am sure they will be happy to know that they helped shape a positive experience.

The AMOY Team eagerly await another opportunity of hosting you to in the not too distant future. Please do email me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg if may be of any assistance in directly booking your return stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Across the street from Telok Ayer MRT (and 5 min walk to North South Line) this is a charming place on the edge of Chinatown and a bustling bar and restaurant scene. Only two "problems": the rooms are small. Well appointed, gratis minibar, but little extra space aside from the bed. Also the included breakfast (at Dean & Duluca) is all too average.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Edward M,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are happy to read that you found our location highly convenient with the direct access to the train station and Chinatown vicinity.

On the other hand, we are sorry that you found our room size inadequate and breakfast at Dean and Deluca average. On your next stay, you may wish to opt for a Deluxe room which provide more space for your comfort. We are also reviewing the menu at Dean and Deluca and hope to have more choices for our guests.

The team look forward to serving you again. I am within reach at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance with your future bookings.