All reviewspantone roommono roomlittle indianespresso machinedesign hotelfree soft drinksfrosted glasstoilet cubicleunique designrain showeryogurtthird floormobile phonecomfy bedmini barrooms are smallmrt station
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The receptionist people was NOT friendly at all (maybe this is because of the way singporean). NO SPG plat recognition. The people did not even offer me to carry my luggage. i carried my luggage alone to my room.
The AC is broken. It was VERY HOT. i could not sleep at that night. I asked the receptionist and they claimed that the AC needs 30 mins for cooling. I waited till 2 AM for the AC to cool but the room was still hot. The room temp says 26 Celcius. I Could NOT sleep for the night till 4 AM. The next morning, I noticed there is an “error” code blinking in the control panel. I asked about the broken AC, the front desk guy did NOT even apologize even after i saw 3 people left after working the AC at 6 PM the next day. I am completely disappointed. Totally wasted my hard-earned money for this crappy hotel. STAY AWAY from this property. Totally unlike other spg properties. I should entitled for compensation for this inconvenience.
Also, the room does NOT even put pen and paper in the room. The chair is pretty much torture chair.
The internet connection is freaking slow. I ended using my data roaming from my iphone as personal hot spot.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jin C
UnlistedCollection, Guest Feedback at Wanderlust, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Jin C,

On behalf of the management, we would like to sincerely apologise for the areas that fell short of your expectations and inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

In all transparency, we have been receiving feedback from several SPG members and are taking the necessary actions to rectify with the partners involved. Please be assured that this is certainly not our intention for this discomfort to any of our guests. As we are a small hotel property with certain limitations, we seek your kind understanding and patience as we seek for a solution that will be a win-win situation for all of us.

Keep well.

Best Regards,
Lyndel Joyce
Wanderlust Hotel

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel thinking that I could try something different than the normal chain hotels and this hotel is part of the SPG group.

Upon arrival I was met with really friendly staff at the reception. The hotel is a designer hotel so there are a lot of cool pieces in the hotel lobby. I was shown to my room with the origami design and while the idea is cool, it is not practical at all, at least not for business travels. The room was dark, there are only options for dim white lighting, red, blue or green lights. No desk lamps and barely any space for you to sit and work. There is a bed, no washroom but a toilet and a shower separated by glass. Barely any space to hang clothes either. What most frightening is that while unpacking my stuff, I noticed a dead mouse laying beside my bed. A dead mouse! I ran downstairs and let the receptionists know and they immediately got housekeeping to take care of it. I had to be on a conference call so I asked if she could accompany me to my room to get my essentials while they take care of their business. After an hour of sitting at the lobby being on a call, I asked the team about they arrangement they have come up with for me. They informed me that their manager has offered to switch my room, but a downgrade because all rooms are full, OR they will pay for my taxi ride if I managed to find another hotel myself. Notice that it’s 8pm at night already and imagine how expensive same night booking would be! I was nice until this point and asked to speak to the management directly. No one was there but a supervisor who was not empowered to make any sort of decisions. Long story short I was waiting at the lobby, without water or any snack offered to me, for 3.5 hours until their GM AGM and a manager came all the way from their homes to let me know that they have found me another hotel as a compensation. It was already 11pm until I was moved to another hotel. Skipping lots of ridiculous little details here but if you are on business travels, just stick with the the big chains, don’t even bother ‘exploring’ or being ‘adventurous’. Horrendous experience.

Stayed: October 2017
4  Thank Stephanie L
UnlistedCollection, Wanderlust at Wanderlust, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Stephanie L.

On behalf of the management, we would like to sincerely apologise for this disconcerting incident. It must have been frustrating for you and this is certainly not what we intend for any of our guests.

As this was something we had not expected or experienced, the team had a thorough deliberation over this matter. Once again we apologise for the unpleasant experience and we hope that at some point in the future, we will have the privilege to welcome you back to restore your faith in us.

Keep well.

Best Regards,
Wanderlust

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed two nights at Wanderlust in the turquoise Pantone room. The receptionist was very helpful. We arrived early but they allowed us to leave our cases while we explored the area. A new MRT station 'Japan Besar' has recently opened very close with almost direct access to the airport and the city, a real bonus.
The breakfast was good. The hotel provide tea/coffee making facilities, a fridge, water and soft drinks. The bed was tricky for us oldies to get in and out of but it was very comfortable.
We had two large cases and we managed to squeeze them in beside the sink.
We had a very late flight and the hotel not only looked after the cases they also provided us with a room to shower in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for eight night at this place. Nice little Restaurant and bar. Breakfast was very good since they even made smoothly for us. Room was very small but clean. Very convenient to MTR stations. We would stay there stain if we visited Singapore again. Hotel Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This place is awesome! The decor is really cool from the moment you come in and staff at reception was very helpful. We stayed in a room called Whimsical and it was amazing. Downstairs was the bathroom and lounge area and on the platform upstairs a big comfy bed/mattress. The ceiling is covered in leaves made of felt and the room has a lovely forest vibe. It's perhaps not ideal for less mobile people or children, as the steps up to the bed are quite steep and narrow. The area is great too, right in little India with lots of sights and attractions within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple