Hotel Clover 7
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
Grand Park Orchard(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$181
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$352
US$253
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$152
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$528
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewssmall roomclarke quay centralbig luggagequiet streetcomfortable bedgreat locationgreat showerwalkable distancesmall hotelboat quaysingapore rivermin walkshort staybudget hotelcompactfridgewashbasin
Reviewed 23 February 2018

First of all, let me say that the Clover7 is stylish, modern decor, clean and cosy. That's the good side!
My wife and I, though not extra large, are not the smallest of people, which caused a problem. The rooms are tiny, not small, but tiny. As we entered out room the shower room was immediately on our right and a second door on our left. Thinking this was a wardrobe i opened it and was confronted by a second door, which led into the next room. Not unusual, but not soundproofed! A 'worktop' with washbasin ran along the left wall and there was barely enough room for me or my wife to stand at it because the bed was behind us. Beyond the washbasin there was a flap in the worktop which, when opened, revealed two power sockets. If I had not seen a wire coming out of it I wouldn't have known where to look for power. Beyond that there was a control box on the worktop with various buttons on it which took some working out. It transpires that it was for the lighting, with buttons such as 'Master', 'Bath', 'Bed', 'Room'. Not too much of a problem, when worked out what they were for, until during the hours of darkness. The double bed should have had a ladder to help us get into it, as it was so high. When in it, it was fully against the right hand wall (at least it stopped me from falling out!), again not unacceptable, but here's the rub; my wife has to sleep close to a power point as she has to wear a powered mask at night, so as I slept, she was on my right. At the foot of my side of the bed was a fridge and on top of that, a safe, meaning that for me to get out of bed during the night, I had to climb over my wife as I could not slide out of the end of the bed. Big problem for a man of my age with the associated problems age brings!
If you enjoy using slide puzzles as entertainment then this room was for you, because my wife and I were constantly having to move to the shower room in order to let the other pass. There wasn't even enough room to open one suitcase, let alone two, without having to strain to get them onto the high bed.
As the Clover7 uses the Clover5 dining room for breakfast and I make a rough calculation that there are perhaps at least 30 rooms between the two, the breakfast room held 18 people at a push. Whilst I appreciate that I was in Singapore I must say that the breakfasts were totally unpalatable apart from toast and cold fried eggs.
As I said, in all fairness; nicely appointed but far, far too small to be practical. I will avoid 'bijou boutique' hotels in future.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel if you need space!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 7, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hotel Clover and thanks for your detailed feedback.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but we strive towards bettering our standards of service every day, and your feedback would certainly help with that!

We hope to still have an opportunity to host you again and perhaps you could give our other room categories a try to have more space for you and your family.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The smallest room I have ever stayed in. Prices are high in Singapore and I wanted a central location so after all I can live with the fact that ths room was cramped.
Singapore is a great city. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Clover!

We are glad to hear that the location and the cleanliness of our hotel was to your satisfaction. We are however, sorry to hear that you did not find the space quite sufficient for your stay. On your next stay, we would be more than happy to recommend our other room categories or our other properties too!

We hope to have another opportunity to host and to serve you much better.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

To cut it short, the location is the only reason why someone should book a room here - it is close to the bus and metro stations and if you want you can walk to some of the main attractions of the city. The rooms are incredibly small and uncomfortable, but clean. The breakfast isn’t fancy but you have a somewhat variety (fried/boiled eggs, fresh veggies, fruits, rice, coffee and more). The staff isn’t quite polite, they just indicate where you need to sign, what you have to do for the check-out and that’s it. Choose this hotel only if you didn’t find anything nearby.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hotel Clover.

It is troubling for us to hear this, and we investigated said matter the day we received your review. We have been working on implementing measures to ensure that this will be an isolated case, and to prevent anything similar from recurring.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you were subjected to. For all your future queries and for us to address your concerns better, please do email us at enquiries@hotelclover.com.

We do not condone subpar standards of service, so we truly hope to have another opportunity to host you again and serve you much better.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This have to be the smallest rooms ever. I only give two stars for the location, the comfy bed and the room service. I was satisfied with that.
The elevator makes beeping noises out of hell. All the time. It beeps at least 6 times when someone is using it.
Also the so called 'walls' are paperthin. I had small ant-like insects inside my room.
Most of the time there is no one at the reception.
Through my 'window' you could see the lobby. Yeah... No view outside.
Go to another place. I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank elmila
Reviewed 7 December 2017

It was raining when I arrived at Clover 7. The Taxi Driver was very nice,thoughtful and friendly which compensated for the rain saturated Reception Area. I was glad to get to my room but was quite disappointed by the size and lack of Wardrobe Closet. I immediately went downstairs to ask for an upgrade and specified what I wanted...which I was willing to pay for... But was immediately declined. I was aware that it was a room with no windows (explained by my Travel Agent). She Tried and succeeded in convincing me that the walking distance to Chinatown and Other Places of Interest, Will Compensate for it, The Receptionist said that they do not allow any upgrade at Clover 7. So I had to make do for the six days I spent in Singapore! Unless You really are scrimping...I wouldn't really Recommend the Place. The Good Points though is the Location. Walking distance to the Hong Lim Park, Chinatown and the Oldest Hindu Temple In Singapore. Give it a Try and see what you think!

Room Tip: Don't ever settle with A Room Without Any Window, no matter how cheap it might seem to be
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo