“Just the best!”
other travellers have booked this property
Puerto Galera Bay from the top Side view of villa
Side view of villa
Side view of villa
View looking down on the villa
View looking down on the villa
The villa looking from the beach
The villa looking from the sea
The terrace
The terrace
View from terrace
View from terrace
View of beach from bedroom window
View of gardens from bedroom window
Bedroom 1
Beach gazebos
Beach gazebos
Beach Gazebo
Massage gazebo
Paddle boarding off the beach
Bathroom 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Robert A
Melbourne, Australia
“Just the best!”
Reviewed 28 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This was our first time in the Philippines and Puerto Galera but the stay at Mangrove Cove was fabulous. Wonderful secluded setting with beach, micro climate and the villas are spacious and very comfortable. Wifi available. Also, the staff are very friendly and you can have meals cooked for you or cook your own. The whole experience is a dream. Also, you can get to Puerto Galera in 10 minutes or, if you want something a bit more racey,Sabang in about 20 minutes by tricycle. Just the best.Bob Andersen

Your age range 65+
bshort4
Colorado Springs
“Nice place, nice people”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Booked the two bedroom villa for seven of us (3 kids), though there was only to large beds they happily supplied extra mattresses for the kids. The villa was on three levels--a very large air-conditioned bedroom upstairs which you had to access from stairs outside, a second large bedroom on the second level with a very large balcony with a large table where we ate most of our meals, and a small kitchen downstairs with a small eating counter and stools inside and a table outside. Everything you need to cook meals is in the kitchen including a oven. We went shopping in town to purchase our food and ate all of our meals in the villa--you have the option of having Tess cook all your meals for you (be sure to tip her for that wonderful service) or cook yourself--Tess cooked most of our meals and cleaned up after--wonderful. She cooked what we wanted with the food we had purchased. Its a couple of kilometers into town and they have an arrangement with a trike driver to take you into town for 100 pesos each way and he will wait for you while you shop. You can also hike up their road about 100 yards to the main road and flag a trike to town for less than 50 pesos each way. Good store in town for all your needs and a wet market too for all your veggies, meat and fish. several ATM machines in town if you need cash. The private beach was great and safe for kids--about 10 yards out the bottom does turn into a lot of broken coral and you can find some snorkeling further away from the beach. Bring your own snorkel gear because none was to be found there. We enjoyed the one paddle board and kayak they had for our use and we used them everyday. Lots of stairs to get down to the villa and down to the beach--very steep and not lighted which could be a problem at night--watch your step. Unfortunately we had a typhoon blow through while we were there and the whole area lost electricity--they have a back-up generator there which kicked on kept us in electricity--good job Mike! A lot of trees and limbs were down on the property but most of it was cleaned up by the time we left and I'm sure all is well now--at least I hope so. Very beautiful grounds and hated to see so much damage to the foliage--our villas were not affected at all. We really enjoyed our stay there--so peaceful and relaxing--we did go into Sabang one day to see about scuba diving and was not impressed--all bars and dive shops and zero beach. I did arrange a dive and they brought a boat all the way to our beach there at the villa and picked us up and returned us after the dive for no charge--very nice! Planned on doing more dives but the typhoon stirred up the water pretty good so that ended that. Thanks again to all the people who worked there (housekeeping was great too) especially to Tess who cooked our meals and handed out information on whatever we asked about. .

sjj1960
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely beautiful - hope to return”
Reviewed 9 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

After booking this hotel my partner was disabled with a sciatic problem and was on crutches. The owner helped us arrange door to door transport and everyone helped when we got there. The accommodation was as photographed and immaculate. The beach was beautiful and I noticed someone sweeping it most mornings.
Our housekeeper was very helpful, taking me to the market most days and helping me get the best priced fish. I think we tried every one. I loved getting the little taxis and I think having the housekeeper stopped me being over charged.
I would definitely return, in fact I have my eye on the larger house for a big family getaway when the grandchildren are older. The little beach was very safe.
While there I went out snorkelling and never in my life have I seen so many fish. They nibbled at my partner thinking he must be some bread. I was privileged to see a wild turtle
swimming. Normally we would have explored more of the local area but were prevented from doing so due to my partner being on crutches. However, we could not have been in a more beautiful place to be "stuck"

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Construction sounds of the new villa being built and the dogs on the beach, they scared me.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
brianhomm...
Gilbert, Arizona
“What a great little hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 29 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Took my wife and 3 girls (11,9,&7) and we had a great time and loved the place. We really felt no need to leave once we got there. Loved the accommodations and the beauty of the place created a really peaceful get away!

Travelling group: Young Children
JluvM
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Excellent!! ”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Stayed here a few months ago.. and we will be back!! Ideal place to relax and chill... Owners are great, perfect relaxing location with a maid service included!! Excellent time and can't wait to return soon!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing