All reviews sisig buffet breakfast white beach free shuttle the food is great a great stay deluxe room hot water steps jacuzzi lounge pesos sabang billiards dive pros cons
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

This place got recommended so we paid a visit. As the road and entrance to realestate is on a hilltop you have to walk down many stairs to get to rooms. If you are too lazy to walk a bit or even do something that will benefit your health than dont come here.

Place has its own private beach which is good to start kayaking from but not much for snorkeling.
Rooms are clean and spacious with TV, aircon and fan. Theres also a place with billiards where you may play it without extra charge.

Next to dinning terase there is swimming pool which is deep as they offer also scubadiving lessons and trips. You may also rent a motorbike for 500 pesos a day.

Bar has a variety of drinks, snacks and also karaoke if you ask for it. Breakfast is big and tasty. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, rice, corn beef, fruit, jam, juice, coffee .... and you can refill as much as you want to.

Pretty nice place with all amenities you will need for chill out vacation.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlobalPocket
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

If you want to relax and unwind, away from all the City Noise. I highly recommend this place. The local staff are nice and friendly, if I'm not mistaken I only see 4 during our stay, Bathroom are clean and spacious, AC works just fine. Same as flat-screen TV. bed is comfortable, spacious cabinets where u can put all your things organized. What I love the most is the stunning view just outside our hotel room.

But ofcourse there are always a negative response to everything.

Wifi doesn't work in our room. It works fine only in the bar/restaurant, So whenever we want to use the Internet we have to go and stay at the bar.

On our first day we asked for a trash bin as we don't have one in our room, they say they will get one but they don't. We again asked them the second day. And also the third day but no trash bin until our check out same as housekeeping they never clean our room during our stay. Nabigo kami. Haha good thing we manage to do it our own to keep it clean and messy free.

*Meals takes forever to serve. I'm starving to death patiently waiting. And it's way overpriced from its taste and ingredients. We don't have choice but to eat at the hotel because there are no restaurants near the hotel . You have to ride a tricycle to go to townproper but we found signs of restaurants there just pure Street foods, wet and dry market.

Tricycle is also overpriced they keep on telling us that it is hard to commute. They recommend the son of the housekeeper but he charged us too much going to tamaraw falls and town proper. And he also offer a ride going to white beach which is also overpriced. So we say no. Good thing the hotel has a motorcycle for rent. We ride a motorcycle going to white beach and we save more than half the price the tricycle driver offered.

We also availed snorkeling and island hopping tour, it's the husband of the housekeeper this time. A bit overpriced for a limited time but its ok he is nice and kind.

Over all, I enjoyed our stay it's quite and peaceful, there is no night life here if your looking for that you can go or stay in a hotel in white beach. miss this place already.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny R
Reviewed 24 February 2016

you have to pay cash up front to stay here and if for whatever reason you are not happy,you dont get refund and nobody we met was happy, the german owner did not care about nobody, Really people avoid this place, there is plenty of better.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 5 February 2016

This is a very low standard Hotel - Hotel is done on 5 stages so its not recommended for people with weak knees. Restaurant must been one of the worst I been run in to on a Resort - food on a very low standard.Cleanliness how can it be when kids rooming around and doing there needs. Dogs also rooming around. In the rooms loose( open ) electrical cables. Pillows and bed sheets seen the best days long time ago.
Night sleep disturbed from employees high voices
Under my stay not many rooms was occupied.This could have been a resort with a good standard with a little investments and effort to make it attractive.Prices to high you feel more or less cheated.

Room Tip: I didnt see anything here to recommend
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Caproy
Reviewed 21 June 2015

First, the good points. There are some really great views here. However, I'm fairly certain you can get the same great views just about anywhere on Puerto Galera. There is a nice pool and wading pool. There are dive lessons available should you decide that's what you'd like to do. Boat trips, dive locations to see, a lot of fun water sport activities. The beach is pretty and fairly secluded. It could get a little help picking up the trash that either blows in or is washed up. The restaurant staff is helpful and very polite. My particular booking, the breakfast was included. Not just a roll and juice. But a full on BREAKFAST. Nice touch! The room I stayed in was quiet and fresh. My shower in my room was HUGE.

Now for the "not so good" parts. The air conditioner did breakdown in my room for a day. The bathroom had a leak under the sink that made the floor wet and possibly slick to those who are unaware. There was a trail of ants that would invade the room and change routs looking for food. The lock on the door... well.. very insufficient. The food at the restaurant while having large portions, often not quite what you think you are going to get. "potato salad" for instance was a mashed potato with a salad. The worst problem I encountered at the resort was the steps.... many many stairs one must climb when going anywhere. If you have a leg disability of any kind... you will have difficulty at this resort. There are no ways around the stairs. to get to my room was 97 stairs. if you are in great health that's fantastic. but, if you are an older person you may find yourself having quite a bit of trouble. The resort has some very messy and run-down areas. not what you expect to see from a tropical retreat resort. There is a monkey in a cage on the stair trail. I'll let you see him and decide for yourself if he is mistreated or malnourished. My television was in horrible condition. I complained about it and all I get in return was a smile. The WI-FI connection is negligible at the very best. I had to stand by the window to get 2 bars. The only place WI-FI was consistent was at the restaurant.

All in all a nice place if you go there. Too expensive in my opinion for what you get. Don't expect any room service. Don't expect to watch any TV. Don't expect to have reliable WI-FI. However, you may expect to travel up about 124 (I lost count) steps to get to the road for a tricycle to take you anywhere. Personally, I would do my research and more than likely stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2015