“A little piece of paradise!”
other travellers have booked this property
VILLA JODHPUR MAIN JAVA JOGLO
VILLA JODHPUR FROM THE POOL
OPEN BATHROOM
THE TERRASSE
LIVING SPACE
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
yehika
Richmond, Virginia
“A little piece of paradise!”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Ukah D'kali villa was AMAZING! Really felt like we were staying in a little corner of paradise for a few days... The photos don't do it justice, you'll just have to see for yourself!

Catur was an incredible host, helping us reserve taxis and drivers for our daily adventures, preparing us a delicious breakfast each morning (with freshly squeezed juice - of various fruits!), telling us all the good places to visit, etc.

Everything was perfect! The bed was incredibly comfortable, the outdoor-type shower was so neat, the pool is relaxing and refreshing... it's all just wonderful! Can't complain about a single thing (except that I wish I'd stayed longer!).

I'm already planning a trip back for next year :)

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
Patrick R
Singapore, Singapore
“Incredible Place - simply fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We had booked our villa for 4 nights. Marc picked us up at the airport which we appreciated very much!

His place is gorgeous - the villa is incredibly beautiful, the pool and the garden is just perfect - such a wonderful place. The villa is just a short ride away from Jogyakarta itself (about 10 minutes by car). We enjoyed the fact that we a place of tranquility after days full of activities. It's great place to enjoy some leisure time - swimming, reading, hanging out at the place.

Marc and his team were wonderful - they helped with driver, organizing other stuff and had great tips where to go. Our stay at villas Umah D'Kali was a great pleasure!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
228julia
Singapore, Singapore
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

The property is really beautiful, and interesting, and most importantly comfortable. My room (Villa Jodphur) has a comfortable modern sofa (for watching TV), the mattress on the bed is excellent, there's a separate dressing room, and I could see to read at night. The overall aesthetic is gorgeous. Marc brought back furniture (including doors!) from Jodphur, and they all went into this room. It's easy enough to get out and about - Marc and Cat were really generous, picking me up and dropping me off places, all of which helped me get my bearings. The village location is pretty and quiet, 20 minutes from the southern hub of Yogya and it cost about 3 USD to get home. You can easily stay in Umah d'Kali all day - it's peaceful, and lovely, and you can order in food from a great restaurant, Mediterranea. (I visited Hotel Phoenix and had dinner there and it's definitely a beautiful hotel, but I wouldn't want to hang out there). Plus I got all the best deals! Cat organised me a driver to go to Borobodour and made sure to tell him to go the back roads (my request) - great car, and because you pay for a flat 12 hours I went to Merapi too. All this cost just slightly more than a Borobodour-only driver with Via Via for 6 hours. What I'm saying is, just tell Marc and Cat what you want, and trust them. They've got it sorted. Just go and let them look after you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty and comfort of the place
Liked least: The path got a bit slippy
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Srajna L
“Beautiful place with lovely hosts”
Reviewed 19 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The place is as pretty as it looks in the pictures :)
Marc and Chatur were wonderful hosts and really amazingly accommodating. It was like visiting a friend. Staying in this lovely place made our trip all the more fun and relaxing.
The place is well furnished with all the amenities you can want. And the breakfast was great :)
My family is strict vegetarian and they welcomed us to make free use of their kitchen. T.heir staff even helped us with the cooking etc
I would visit Yogja just to stay in this lovely place again :)
Thank you for taking care of us Marc and Chatur

Liked best: Hosts and ambience
Travelling group: Extended Family
AureDB
Paris, France
“Fabulous place and amazing people - an absolutely unique experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Umah d'Kali for three nights and were instantly blown away by the beauty of the place. We even extended our stay (and the people staying in the villa across from ours were staying a full month). The garden with its swimming pool, beautiful statues and lush vegetation is a small paradise. It is such a peaceful place where to rest and unwind after a day visiting Jogja and the city's surroundings.

Our room/villa was stunning, huge and beautifully decorated with unique/antique art. Everything was clean, the mattress was very comfortable and the outdoors bathroom was charming...

The breakfast was delicious and we were served a profusion of fruits, homemade yogurts and jams, homemade crêpes, honey, bred, muesli.. and I was even able to ask for a vegetable and noodle soup, which ended up being the best I've had in Indonesia. All of that is served outside, on a porch overlooking the garden and the pool - such a nice experience!

Umah d'Kali was an exceptional guesthouse, but thanks to Marc and his partners/staff it became so much more than that. Marc is a wonderful host, always very delicate and attentive to your needs. He gave us great recommendations as to what to do in Jogja and even helped us organize the rest of our trip, staying long hours in front of the computer to help me buy train tickets etc... I really felt like I was staying with family. The rest of the staff at Umah d'Kali was just as lovely and helpful (when we arrived very early in the morning and our room wasn't ready yet, we were even shown to a different room that was available so we could rest until our room became available).

Umah d'Kali is the best place I have stayed at in several weeks spent in Indonesia. I would recommend it to all of my friends going to Jogja.

Travelling group: Other
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing