Lowest prices for your stay
US$40
US$34
PricelineUS$40
Booking.comUS$42
Agoda.comUS$40
All reviews grand indonesia mall walking distance budget hotel sudirman street quiet room general manager shopping mall mrt station hotel is located corner room higher floor noodles easy access the check in process breakfast menu hie business
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2020

The location is near to Grand Indonesia, Central Indonesia, as well as the BNI City Station, which has the Soekarno-Hatta Airport Rail Link service (Note: you'll still need to take the Skytrain to get to the airport terminals from the SHIA Station). You can order Gojek / Grab to get to other parts of Jakarta.

The staff is wonderful and friendly. Upon check-in, they recognise that you're a IHG® Rewards Club Member and greeted you with a welcome fruit platter. During my stay, there were issues with the bedsheet and towels. The staff would first apologise and did their best to rectify the problem.

The breakfast is included as all HIE do, so one can have a quick bite (cereal, bread, juices, coffee/tea, some hot food) before leaving for the day. Will be great if some facilities can be upgraded eg. toilet flush, shower drainage, furniture, elevator access, room door. They were functional but could be improved for better efficiency. I didn't like the hand soap in my bathroom but the hand soap in the lobby washroom was good.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank CitiesNomad
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Hello CitiesNomad,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I appreciate you as one of our IHG Rewards Club program members!

While I am glad that the hotel staff was responsive to your concerns, I am sorry to learn that the level of cleanliness of the towels and bed sheet fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I am certain that the steps that will be taken will improve your next visits with us.

I hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 October 2020

Deciding to stay at the hotel during the pandemic situation (covid-19) is a bit challenging. But I think HIE Thamrin succeed in making their guest feeling safe from the check-in process. They followed the health protocol. They provided in-room breakfast service well.

The minimalist yet comfy atmosphere of the room is ideal for a single or young couple who has a hectic schedule in the mid of crowded Jakarta. The location of this hotel is amazing, near to anywhere popular in Jakarta. Then I recommend you to stay here for your next business or holiday trip.

Room tip: Best Location
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

Actually, this hotel location is very good, right in the main road of Jakarta. But, too bad, many problems have to be fixed to make this hotel better for staycation. First one, the parking space so limited, very slow respond of staffs (i have to wait around 5minutes on the phone just to make sure my wifi password, i have to wait 2hours until the engineering staff coming to my room to check the Aircon), the rooms so small and not clean enough, the sink is very very small (so if you use it, the water will splash to your body), the lift looked so old, the alley in front of the rooms seriously so bad smelly, the AirCon not working well so the temperature not cool enough (i booked 2 rooms and both of them are same, the reception staff then help me to find a new room after the engineering staff can't solved the problem after 2times checking, and in my new room, still same). This is one of my worst staycation ever.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I often travel to Jakarta for work and this is my choice for all the times. Standard room and basic breakfast selection but the location is very strategic. It is in business center and walking distance to Grand Indonesia which I can find my dinner after work easily. The hotel is good enough for what we pay. We should not request too much :)

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank TrinhDang
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Best hotel choice for Central Jakarta Area. Aside from its affordable price with an adequate breakfast quality, and great hospitality from the reception, greeter, even security.

It really does shows the quality & standard of hotel chains, which can give a sense modern lifestyle & standard of procedure, and at the same time doesn't limit the management to contextualise each service.

Great hospitality also reflected from how the manager allowed us to check in earlier among the heavy rain in Jakarta & long trip we had from Bandung. Having to stay here several times for business purposes, or even leisure, Holiday Inn is still the most prominent choice that comes to mind in terms of efficiency and also comfort.

Date of stay: January 2020