All reviews boutique hotel mansard room wood room classic style sofia restaurant senopati area lounge downstairs barber shop cigar bar the bed was extremely comfortable great boutique central business district light sleeper small hotel interior design my fav included breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently enjoyed staying at the Gunawarman Hotel during a business trip in Jakarta.

I thought the design of the whole building and my room was really nice and special; I liked how different it was from the regular chain hotels. Indonesians have a talent for interior design.

The location was great with several dining options around the property and centrally located close to the business area.

Sofia, the restaurant on the ground floor, was one of my highlight; I really liked the look and feel and the heart of all the service team; they really made me feel home!

I also enjoyed the nice barber shop at the lower ground level and got myself a cool beard trim!

Really, a must-try in Jakarta, if you like things nice and different!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights at the recommendation of business contacts. The location is close to SCBD and the street is lined with restaurants. Although we got a corporate rate, I was still surprised at how much the room cost at the regular rate considering the quality of the hotel and the room.

This is a boutique hotel and there are only a few rooms. The bed was extremely comfortable, the sheets were so smooth with a very very high thread count (I wanted to ask where they source their sheets but didnt have the chance to do so). The toiletries provided is also of good quality from Europe. The room is very well-appointed, the furnishings and fixtures look expensive and high-quality. Breakfast is included in our rate, you select from a breakfast menu and the food was good as well. It's not buffet which is ok with me since I don't eat a lot anyway.

Overall I had a very pleasant experience, and most importantly had very good sleep for 2 nights. This hotel is very good value for the price.

The only disadvantage of this hotel is that all rooms only have king-size beds and there are no doors in the shower, so you can't share a room with another person unless it's a significant other.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My plan to have romantic dinner with my wife to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary went really well. With romantic atmosphere and very friendly staff over the Sofia @ The Gunawarman, our dinner went very well. We were greet with the manager and given a complimentary cake for our anniversary.

We were staying in one of their Mansard corner room afterwards. The room was very neat and fresh and designed with classic style to boost your romance further. The only lack is how small the bathroom space. But, since I'm not planning to sleep in bathroom, it's not big deal.

If you looking for a romantic place in Jakarta, you wont find it as perfect as The Gunawarman.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Great location many restaurants to walk to as well . The staff was attentive and eager to assist us . Food was well prepared and delicious. We have really enjoyed out stay . Concierge service was right on with their suggestions. I would highly recommend .

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

The room, the service and the food are all excellent. We were meeting all week with the World Bank and were a quick morning taxi ride away with no major congestion...10-15 min drive. Great restaurants and coffee cafes surrounding the hotel. We stayed in the Sophia suite. Spacious, beautiful and affordable. The bed is very comfortable! Will definitely stay again!

Date of stay: September 2018