Krakatau Volcano (Krakatoa)
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Journey to Krakatau With KrakatauWild

The best way to Krakatau with Krakatau Wild After big erupted on December 22, We went to Krakatau... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Jhon T
Bom Krakatau on January Tour

Two week after big erupted of Krakatau we went to the volcano with provided by Krakatau Wild is one... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Billjhon

Recommended experiences in and around Java
from US$24.00
from US$69.00
from US$65.00
from US$67.87
More Info
All reviews carita beach speed boat boat trip black sand jakarta airport red lava eco tourism boat crew national park tropical fish monitor lizards nice breakfast forested area snorkeling gear life jackets fantastic trip once in a lifetime
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We went to Krakatua (Krakatoa) with Java Rhino Echo tours. They have several websites. The price of about $US125 per person I thought was a bit high for what you got, none the less the arrangements went smoothly, we were picked up from the hotel at 6am in a nice car and delivered to the boat The boat could have been a little more up-market for the price as could have been the lunch, but it was adequate. Our guides English was acceptable although not great. They did suppy plenty of water and a couple of drinks each (there were four in the party) the travel company was good, but I would negotiate a lower price next time. Anyway enough of that - it takes a lot of travel time to get to Krakatoa from Jakarta and possibly an overnight stay would have been better. The volcanoe itself is quite spectacular, especially as you go around it and see the larva flows. Be aware that climbing it can be challenging as it is sandy and you slip back in the sand as you climb. I wore sandals which was a mistake as not only was the sand hot, but small pebbles kept getting under my feet. There is some mystic about having been to Krakatoa, but the highlight for me was going to the reef and snorkelling. The coral is not worth a second look, but the fish are amazing, almost equalling what I have seen at the Australian Barrier reef, although we were only in a small patch. It was a long day for a one day trip, but I think worth it.

Date of experience: June 2012
8  Thank arthurs5
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went to Krakatoa as part of our honeymoon. We flew into jakarta and were taken on the tour with http://www.krakatautour.com Picked up in jakarta early in the morning and in a comfortable air conditioned car. the journey was bumoy ( the roads were muddy - it was a really wet day)
we were meant to go from caritha beach but went from another marina. met our guide ( whose name i cannot recall) and three staff members of the boat ( for just me and my husband)
They were all really friendly, the boat ride was great and the Volcano was just awesome. Our guide took us as close as were were allowed to go and was very knowledgeable. we then were taken round the volcano in the boat to see it from all sides, then off snorkelling. we were given a lovely lunch and then off home 12 hours in total

We would do it again, Iyans staff are a credit to him and this tour is worth EVERY penny

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank phineyjo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

the exotic island that represent white sand beach. Start from purwakarta with public transportation to kampung rambutan terminal and then went to Merak Harbor. Until Bakauheni harbor, we went to Kalianda.

Date of experience: November 2011
1  Thank KrakatauIsland
Reviewed 31 May 2012

April 2012, on Thurday 05,2012, I visited of Post monitoring of known activity of Anak Krakatau continues to increase. Monday last, the amount of seismicity

Tremor tremor every 3 hours more than 200 times, or about 1000 times

only occurs rising to 230 up to 300 times on every 3 hours, then on April 06,2012 I visiting the Anak Krakatoa and we see the anak krakatoa produce of Volcanic ash plume this continue until Mid day. and afternoon no much activity for Anak Krakatoa, just steaming and also have produce of Gases.

April 6,2012 Anak Krakatoa Produce of Vulcanic Ash Plume with more than 300 m

In The Night I try to Climb Anak krakatoa until to the Top, and to see the Active Lava Dome continuously growing, not Much time standing at the Top.. and we make camp site at Sertung Island. Long Night is no eruption.

Active Lava Dome start from Nov 2011, after very active during July to November 2011

Aris at Volcano

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank odesya
Reviewed 13 May 2012

the most i enjoyed the beach there with warm water :) and snorkling after :)

Date of experience: November 2011