“Average Chinese food”

Nanjing Impressions (Deji Plaza)
Ranked #3 of 2,775 Restaurants in Nanjing
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends and tried many dishes. Most all was good but I would not go back. I think you can find better food around the Nanjing streets. They did have quite a few vegetarian options but again nothing I would go back for.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We (2 people) went on a Tuesday night around 7:30. A huge crowd waited outside for a table, and we ended up waiting 45 minutes. Once inside, decor is cool, and some tables are in semi-private rooms that look like dungeons. We sat at a small side table with wooden stools. Staff was overworked but served our needs quickly. Ordered 6 dishes to share and everything was flavorful and unique! Highly recommend the noodle dish pictured below and also the chicken marinated in vinegar/soy sauce. This was our first time visiting Nanjing but have spent time in many other Chinese cities. This restaurant is the best I have visited in China. Highly recommend if you don’t mind a wait for exquisite food. Otherwise, come on a weeknight before 5 or around 8:30 when half the tables are available again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I was in Nanjing for 14 days and I went to this eatery for 10 days. Although crowded during peak hours, to be expected in China, I have a very relaxing, no rush, eating with friends. The food is interesting and good. Nanjing has good local food especially the duck. The place look clean and feel clean. This is the best impression I had. The waitering staffs were knowledgeable good and fast. I will be in Nanjing again in late September and will certainly visit this eatery again.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Since there are always a long line, me and my friends decide to go there a little later in the evening, that is 7:30pm. Firstly most of the items have already sold out. Secondly the food are either too salty or too sweet. Lastly, we haven’t even finish our dinner and the staff have already disappeared. Can’t use any foreign cards to get the bill, very unfriendly environment for foreigners.

Highly do not recommend foreign visitors to visit this restaurant chain.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Food was spectacular and ordering was simple using their mini app within WeChat. However, it’s important to get a number very early because the wait is at least an hour or two.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Nanjing Impressions (Deji Plaza)? Share your experiences!