Purple Mountain (Zijin Shan)
Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Purple Mountain (Zijin Shan)
from US$96.00
More Info
All reviews cable car purple mountain sun yat sen great hike tourist attractions natural beauty scenic area historic sites dr sun nanjing city taxi driver take photos lots of shops ming dynasty walk around metro station long walk
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I took a cable car up, the view would be nice, but the smog made it kind of depressing. We were trying to find places of interest with the map on the top (Chinese only), but going downstairs, taking the one path, we didn't see any additional attractions. There was a wide road at some point, which I think lead to the middle station of the cable car, but I don't know, since there were no signs whatsoever! It was unfortunately disappointing, but possibly because of the poor organization and lack of proper maps/signs. Xuanwuhu park nearby was way more interesting!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

if the stairs at the great wall werent enough the previous week, we had to visit the purple mountain. there had to be about 400 steps up to the top but it was a great view. To get there make sure you take a didi, it is really too far to get to by walking and there isnt a subway station nearby.

2  Thank robnkim
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I was happy to discover the place. Its a distance from the city though. Better take a DD or a taxi if you dont want to walk a lot.
A mountain where the is much to visit.

1  Thank firminr
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This place is eco friendly and very good for get a better view of Nanjing Town.
It has memorable history for Chinese that never happened again.
The place is well maintain by management.
Recommended to visit in the morning or everything.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank MikeJuliya
Reviewed 3 May 2018

After spending the day walking so much I have to admit the sight of all of those stairs was disheartening hahaha. I let my husband walk up them and take photos for me. It was a very impressive view from the bottom and the top.