“Very good but without the Dictator, the best Israeli beer”

Tairyo (Zhongshan Road)
Ranked #31 of 2,775 Restaurants in Nanjing
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Go there it is recommended to all.
I get inside by mistake but it was perfect.
Please notice you can not order more after 21:00

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I was there for two times. I had all you eat at 208 RMB. The service, show and food were perfect. I like mostly the seafood and beef. It was an all you eat and drink menu. II strongly recommend the restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I called in for lunch and it was quite busy and had a table away from the chef which takes away some of the spectacle. The food was good as always with this chain and as normal some of the dishes did not turn up this is frustrating but you need to just order them again until you eventually get them.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great place to eat. The food service was perfect. They speak English! a little pricey, but it is worthy. A must go when in town.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank Maria P
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am not a big fan of "all you can eat and drink" but I needed some rest and chose this nearby restaurant.
The staff communicated us in very bad english that if one of the group wanted a buffet menu, the others should have too, so we agreed.
The dinner experience would have been good if we hadn't had a rude waiter who didn't make any effort to bring the requested dishes (3 mistakes) and beverages (had to remind him twice).
Also it is a fake buffet since there are some restriction on quantities on wines and dishes out of the menu.
But the worst part was the conclusion: the waiter showed up while we were eating and asked us urgently to pay. We gave two credit cards which didn't work on his machine (the only mid-range restaurant in China not accepting European Gold Mastercards) and so he got angry and ordered us to pay cash. This was the least: he wrote down and asked us a wrong total amount (540rmb instead of 594rmb) which I instisted was wrong. He started shouting in Chinese so 5 persons showed up and looked at us as if we didn't want to pay.
Finally I had to calm down everyone (my wife was furious) and ask for someone speaking english to tell them the amount was wrong (inferior!!!) so with overdue apologies from the staff we paid in cash and left straight away.
Never again, this is a case study of bad restaurant management, indeed the "manager" never showed up, and some excuses from the staff like "I told my boss to put a sign about non working credit cards... But he didn't" are unacceptable.
In hindsight, all of the portions were very small (smaller than real teppanyaki in Japan), decent but not superb quality and for a service like that 198rmb per person is a ripoff, but all of this was worsened by the poorest staff I ever experienced.

Date of visit: June 2014