4,703 results
All reviews cable car close to the airport outlet mall big buddha free shuttle tung chung ngong ping lantau island city gate airport hotel premier lounge minutes from the airport shopping centre between flights an early flight mtr station welcome drink
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I normally stay at the Marriott Sky, but mistakenly tried this place and felt I just threw my money away. I booked a Premium room with executive lounge. The lounge was a total waste of money. Food and drinks were sub par. Mac and Cheese and crackers with Peas on it. They should take a lesson from the Novotel at BKK.

Te room was mildew/moldy smelling. Duck tape holding the window seam and curtains that should be in the trash.

Breakfast downstairs was underwhelming. No one manning the Egg station. For the entire time we were there. Normal yogurt was out of stock. Selection was average.

Staff were friendly enough.

They asked how my stay was and so I told them “Okay”. Only ok?! So I told them. Then a duty manager “Monica” came to talk to me. She wanted to know all that I typed above. She apologized, took notes and thanked me for my time.

Then she said that she hoped that I would someday come back and give the property another chance. She even touted their new property.

I will never return as I don’t feel like giving them another opportunity to take more of my money.

This place from Lounge to room is not worth $250usd. Maybe not worth $75!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NovotelCitygate, Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tkids

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am deeply concerned to know that your experience fell far short of your expectations. I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences happened during your stay.

We are committed to provide a delightful experience for each and every of our guests.
Once again, thank you for sharing your valuable comments and I hope that you will trust in our commitment to continually strive to improve on delivering the highest levels of service and hospitality.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Convenient, clean and comfortable for airport stop overs and shopping in hong kong.
Close to train connection, and outlets.
Airport shuttle was delayed today and the concierge organised and paid for a private taxi to take us to the airport. Outsatnding customer service thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Spoc33

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for giving us a positive review.
We are also grateful for your great comments about our customer service and concierge team.

We do hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for a couple of hours just for stretching legs between two 12-hour flights. We found the beds very comfortable, and everything in order. However, the food was not that good. The room was a little bit pricey, however, Hong Kong hotels are expensive anyway.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear 583rebecam

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your 5star review.

We do very much appreciate your positive comments about our comfortable beds.
We have also noted your comment about our food and would like to learn more about which food/dining option was not as per your liking. If you wish you could contact me via greg.hoehn@accor.com and I will share the comments with my team.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As a tourist, my family and I we're looking for a strategic place that would make it convenient for us to commute to Disneyland and back to the airport when it's finally time to depart and Novotel Citygate hotel hit the mark.

It has a very elegant interior and with a relaxing ambience from the lobby all the way to the rooms. The view was spectacular and allowed us to see the cable cars beside the mountains. All these plus the fact that the outlet stores are easily accessible since they are linked with the hotel building.

None of the experiences stated above would matter if it weren't for the very courteous staff this hotel has. We appreciate the very courteous hotel staff especially Mr. Alexei Bautista who like us, also happens to be a Filipino. He assisted us with our baggages upon arrival and was so accommodating. Aside from Mr. Bautista, was another Filipino staff cleaning the room beside ours. While we were unpacking our baggages, he was kind enough to lend his help when we asked for his assistance. The hospitality didn't stop there as we were also assisted by a female staff, who was a Hongkong local.

Overall, the hotel stay was an enjoyable one and given the chance to come vsck, we'd definitely stay at Novotel City Gate Hotel again! It is something worth looking forward to. I invite everyone looking to book a hotel in Hongkong to try their hotel. It is one of the best if not the best in Hong Kong. :)

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jakeunique

Dear jakeunique

Thank you for your 5 stars review.

It is a pleasure to receive such encouraging feedback and we are delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the warm hospitality extended by our young passionate team. Thank you for the amazing photos you shared and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to the vibrant City of Hong Kong!

Reviewed 16 January 2019

I had a quick layover in HK and booked Novotel Citygate based on a recommendation from a friend.

Getting to the hotel from HK Airport was easy via their complimentary shuttle bus service. Once I go there check in was easy and the rooms were nice. I stayed in a superior room which had everything I needed and had a great view of the mountains and cable cars.

The Essence restaurant was great and the buffet dinner and breakfast had enough variety to cater for most peoples tastes.

The Hotel is connected to the outlet shopping mall if you want to do some last minute bargain hunting and the train station located underneath can take you into the city.

Would highly recommend if you find yourself with a layover in HK.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
NovotelCitygate, Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Ben M

Thank you very much for your great feedback!
We are very delighted when we receive five star comments from our valued guests.

Thank you also for highlighting our Essence restaurant with its variety for breakfast and dinner.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.