Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,955 results
All reviews happy valley racecourse race course causeway bay jockey club times square shuttle bus shuttle service family room free wifi deluxe room mobile phone hong kong station city view hotel lobby the hotel offers public transport chai
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

I have been staying for 21 days quarantine in this hotel and the stay has been great. Good variation of food was a good start but the best part has been the staff. Very friendly and helpful and particularly Gladys on the front counter has been brilliant and nothing has been a problem for her. I would definitely book again

Trip type: Travelled solo
Anita Chan, General Manager at Dorsett Wanchai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear Paradise,

Thank you for your comments. Congratulations for completing the quarantine stay with us! It’s really great to know that you had a hassle-free experience during the 21-day stay. We fully understand meals arrangement and service are something extremely important when it comes to quarantine, therefore we have include various cuisines such as Western, Asian, Hong Kong-style, Japanese etc., and even vegetarian menu to cater to different guests’ needs. Our teams are also all happy to go above and beyond to provide assistance to our guests even they can’t step out of their rooms. Your compliment towards Gladys will definitely be passed onto her personally to keep her motivated. We will also keep the spirit up to ensure everyone a great stay in the future. Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again in a mask-free way very soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

1) The room was bright with sun shine.
2) The bathroom was clean without mould. This is the extra positive point to Dorsett Wanchai! In Europe, even full-star hotels, rooms in such age are full of mould already especially in bathrooms.
3) We could change our meal without additional cost.
4) My mattress was too hard. The hotel changed it and gave me topper. Then I could sleep well.
5) The managers were very caring and asked us from time to time if everything is fine. They accepted critics and made improvement.
6) The hotel gave us some surprises from time to time which made the quarantine not so boring.
7) I was excited by their Friday afternoon tea, e.g. tasty Egg Tart.
8) The staff members are very diplomatic: 3 weeks in "Jail", not allowing 1 step out of the room door is very hard. A neigbour could not stand, slapped doors, hit walls, etc. The hotel gave him/her a big gift basket. He/She was quiet afterwards.
9) I saw horse racing, a small entertainment in the "jail".

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Anoyms,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are really glad to know that you had a comfortable quarantine stay with us.
We know that guests might have different preference when it comes to such a long stay at the hotel, therefore our teams are all willing to go the extra mile to ensure every small parts of the staying experience are well taken care of, like arranging you a puffier topper so you can sleep well at night. We have also prepared small surprises for our guests from time to time, such as the colourful flower pots, the #TGIF local snacks, or other things that we could do to brighten up our guests’ stay and let them know they are always on our mind. On the other hand, while keeping our guests happy throughout the stay, we always see the safety of guests as the top priority of all. This is why we are have strict hygiene standard in place under any circumstances, hoping to bring our guests a carefree environment to stay. Thank you again for all your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in a truly leisure way very soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2021

As a 21 days quarantine hotel we have to give TOP marks for the reservation team, front desk especially Agnes Yau and her team, and the housekeeping department.
The food is good ! I was initially worried as my husband and I need to stay in the room for 21 quarantine nights .But after reading the reviews from previous customers , I totally agree whats been written ,the team will go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable. We will definitely return if we need to stay in another quarantine hotel. Will HIGHLY recommend to anyone !!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It’s really great to know that you had a wonderful experience with us. We understand that undergoing a 21-day quarantine stay is totally not easy, and this is why our teams are all delighted to go above and beyond to ensure our guests are well taken of in every aspect. Thank you for your compliments towards the Reservation, Front Office and Housekeeping Team; we will definitely pass your kind words onto them, especially Agnes, to keep them motivated. On the other hand, we are happy that you love our good. Our team has been working on the menu from time to time for continuous improvement and included various cuisines like Western, Chinese, Asian, Japanese and more to cater to different guests’ needs. We will continue to seek for the best dining options for our guests. It is indeed our pleasure to have rendered our guests an enjoyable experience even during quarantine, we truly hope to see you again soon, and hopefully that would be a leisure trip this time!

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Having read good reviews about Dorsett Wanchai, wanted to book for my 14 day quarantine stay however the response from them was discriminatory!

When asked for availability, Dorsett Wanchai asked from which country I would be travelling from (fairly normal question) - upon receiving my response, they came back REGRETTING that rooms were not available (this too was normal & acceptable response) UNTIL 26 minutes later (of their regret message) my friend was offered room since his arrival was from a European country!

DORSETT WANCHAI - can you care to explain this?

1  Thank Bhaari
Anita Chan, General Manager at Dorsett Wanchai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Dear Bhaari, We are sorry for what you have encountered during the reservation process. As one of the designated quarantine hotels in Hong Kong, we accept travellers from all regions or countries outside Mainland China and Macau on quarantine. We’d appreciate your kind understanding that the room availability varies from time to time due to the fluctuating occupancy rate. We understand there would be a lot of changes on travel plan and stay period due to the current global COVID-19 situation, hence we provide free cancellation 14 days prior to arrival, and free amendment of stay period under specific conditions, which explains the fluctuating occupancy rate. Upon checking with our team, we did run out of available room during your requested stay period when we received your inquiry. However we have contacted you again right after rooms become available, around the time we replied to your friend about the room availability. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you need further assistance from us for your booking, you are always welcome to reach our Reservation Team by email reservation.wanchai@dorsetthotels.com or phone +852 3552-1133. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 May 2021

My stay at Dorsett Wanchai was extremely good during my 21 day quarantine. The staff went above and beyond especially the hotel manager and Front Office Manager Agnes Yau who kept calling me to check-in every few days to make sure I was doing okay. They delivered flowers, egg tarts, mochi and other snacks to ensure my mental health was okay! The room itself was good too, great view of the race track and windows could also be open allowing fresh air. I had a pleasant stay overall and would definitely come back to upon my next visit to Hong Kong.

1  Thank 781marilynl
Anita Chan, General Manager at Dorsett Wanchai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear Marilynl,

Thank you for your comments. It’s really great to know that you had an enjoyable quarantine stay with us. We know that quarantine stay is definitely not easy, and this is why we are all happy to go the extra mile just to ensure everyone is well taken care throughout the stay. We’re glad that you love the little surprises that we specially prepared for you from time to time, we do hope these had brighten up your stay with us. Your compliment will be passed onto Agnes personally to keep her and her team motivated too.
Thank you again for your kind words. Please take care and we look forward to welcoming you back for a truly leisure and mask-free stay very soon!