7,115 results
All reviews free mini bar timeless lounge club suite polytechnic university training hotel free international calls harbour view top floor amazing hotel shuttle bus pool and gym mobile phone free smartphone our honeymoon nespresso machine late flight breakfast buffet
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed five nights as tourists. All staff and there are plenty of them tried extremely hard to ensure all our needs and wishes were met - service is good at most top end hotels but here diligence was a point of difference. Great views of harbour. Fantastic breakfast ( included in our tariff). Bed really good (kings are xtra large). Hotel shuttle to TST MRT and ferry terminal a god send at times. In house restaurants, wine and room service more expensive than many competitors

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter0999
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Peter0999 for your kind recommendation of #hoteliconhk and on highlighting our key features, namely, authentic Asian hospitality culture, spacious rooms with amazing views of both the city and iconic Victoria Harbour, and award-winning restaurants.

On The Market buffet, it is very popular among both our local and international guests and it has been awarded by OpenRice as the best buffet in Hong Kong for seven years running.

Hotel ICON is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and has led the industry by switching to 100% electric transportation with our e-shuttle buses and Tesla airport transfers. We are delighted to hear that the shuttle service had contributed to your stay.

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON and we wish you a lovely week ahead.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you like this review, or find it helpful in any way, please give me a like.
Check out my other reviews for Hong Kong and beyond.

Let me start by saying that I absolutely hate this hotel. I hated my stay here. I don’t understand how a hotel can get so many simple things wrong.
If you have to read from a manual how to turn the lights off, something is seriously wrong!

I stayed here for two nights, including New Years eve, so the price was extortionate, but so are most places in Hong Kong for New Years Eve.
The staff are all perfectly nice, but whoever designed the hotel thought they were smart and they were idiots.

Here’s what the hotel gets right.
Good, friendly, helpful staff.
It is in a good, handy location.
In room complimentary driinks.
The hotel provides complimentary afternoon tea from 3-5 and cocktails from 6-8.
They upgraded us from a normal room on a high floor, to a suite on a low floor.
We ordered room service and it arrived very quickly. So quickly that we wondered were we the only people using the service. My wife ordered pasta alfredo and even though it wasn’t alfredo that arrived, it was really delicious. I ordered a cheeseburger with truffle fries and it was excellent.

Here’s what the hotel gets wrong.
They should have someone walk guests to their room and demonstrate the features.
There are far too many panels dotted around and I found it absolutely infuriating. ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING!!!!!!!
I never could get the room temperature correct. It was either roasting or freezing. I had the bedroom hot and the seating area freezing. It took me hours to discover there was a separate temperature control for the seating area.
The simplest of things, turning a light on and off, is stupidly complicated. You have to find the touch screen panel, then work which is option is best from you. You end up turning every light in the place off or going through the options turning various different lights on and off, on and off. There is actually a page in the hotel guide manual instructing you through it. If you have to read from a manual how to turn a light off, something is seriously wrong with the room design!!!
The bedroom is separated from the seating area not by a normal door, but by two huge, very stiff and very heavy sliding doors. I’m a strong man, so I could manage to slowly pull the doors shut, once crushing my fingers in the attempt. A simple door would have sufficed, but oh no. The idiots who designed this hotel decided on huge sliding doors that had to be hauled out of their slot and then pushed close with all your strength.

Opening the bathroom door is a struggle too. Is was hugely stiff and didn’t open properly the full way, so you had to shove your way in and it closed with such a huge din that it must’ve woken everyone on the corridoor.

The bathroom is designed as a kind of wet room, that is, the shower head is in the middle of the ceiling and the whole bathroom becomes the cubicle. But, the sinks and vanity are are outside in the bedroom, so you have your shower and then you have to dry off outside of the bathroom in the bedroom in front of whoever you are with. There is no privacy and absolutely no need for such a stupid design.

There is a seating area and desk in this suite. It looks like an office and it has a printer. But you cannot print on it. (Sighs with incredible irritation).
I’ve followed all the instructions and it hasn’t printed. Instructions that include you sending an email to somewhere to print. I did, it didn’t. I had to eventually phone the front desk and ask them to print it. Which they did and left outside my door 20 mins later. They could’ve slid it underneath or knocked, but no it was left outside.

The hotel is quite excited about the free snacks and drinks they privide in the room for you. But the snacks consist of tiny packets of M&M’s and tiny airline packets of nuts. Big deal! There is also a jar of those individually wrapped lozenges that you find on hotel check-in desk counters, yes the ones that nobody eats. And there’s a granola bar and a packet of crisps. Nothing to get yourself excited about unless granola bars and plane snacks excite you.
In fairness though, there are plenty of bottle of water and lots of sugary drinks which I tried and spat out as I could feel my teeth rotting in my head as they were so insanely sugary. A few fruit juices would have been a better idea.
There’s a kettle, but nowhere to put your used teabags. There are no plates, only two glasses and cheap, horrible nasty white mugs which no hotel that dares to call itself “luxury” should have anywhere near it.
There is also a concealed fridge in the room for you to put in your own purchases. Except it doesn’t work. The door doesn’t close properly but if you can tweak here and there and eventually get it to close, your own items might be ever so slightly cold in a day or two. And by the way, the sides of the fridge are absolutely caked in thick piles of dust. It has NEVER been cleaned.
USB chargers don’t work either. And lastly, we ordered room service again on the second night and it was absolutely disgusting. The Singaporean chicken curry consisted of hard, uncooked potatoes in a curry sauce with chopped up bits of insipid chicken thighs on the side. Revolting skin, lots of bones and maybe a tiny, tiny morself of chicken, it was absolutely disgusting. A chicken caesar salad came as a salad in a bowl, with a couple of very small slices of delicatessan sliced chicken on the side. And this tiny bit of completely inappropriate reformed chicken costs an extra 100 dollars. That’s an extra 12euros for a tiny thin slice of reformed chicken. Disgusting, inappropriate and mean-spirited. What a complete mean rip-off. Both meals were utter crap.

So that was my take on the Icon Hotel. I absolutely hate it. I hate the design of the interiors and I hate that it thinks it’s clever, but really it’s idiotic. Never before have I found a hotel so infuriating!!!

I don’t recommend it and I would never stay in it again.

I forgot to say that it’s all very nice providing refreshments in their lounge as I mentioned above, but the lounge is designed so woefully badly, that you’ll be hard pushed to get a decent seat before the masses arrive en-masse to stuff their faces with whatever they can get that’s free. Very bad use of space. What’s the point in offering if there is nowhere to sit.

Forget it. Hotel that should be wonderful is utterly terrible.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
richardhY4942WU, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear cartagia,

As an hotelier, and the person responsible for Hotel ICON, I’m naturally very disappointed to see that we did not leave a good impression on you and that your stay here was not what you had hoped it would be.

With your review being rather candid you can imagine that I have looked into it in great detail. We mostly act on the principle that “the customer is always right” but I am sorry that I cannot agree with your description of the room you were allocated. I do not think it is a fair one for the upgraded suite accommodation that you were assigned.

Regardless of the aforementioned, I fully understand that you did not leave with the memories you wanted to and that ICON, as a hotel, has disappointed you (which thankfully does not happen very often).

With all good wishes,

Richard

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Hotel Icon is great. We had a very lovely experience and the best about it was the lovely staff there. The location of the Hotel is really good.
To have great support, ask for Lun Wong a very helpful man in our trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much 408yazeedm for this five-star review and recommendation of Hotel ICON on TripAdvisor.

With an ethos deeply rooted in Asian hospitality, Lun Wong and the rest of the team are truly passionate in delighting our guests every single day through small gestures and thoughtful intuition.

Instead of systematic, robotic service, we place emphasis on attention to detail to create personalised experiences and make each guest feel at home.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to be of service again during your next Hong Kong visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2019

We opted for the Tesla Special. Ride to and from airport in a Tesla, free breakfast, tea and cocktail hour on the 28th floor Above and beyond. I can not say enough good things about the staff. Lydia was enchanting and extremely helpful. She checked us in to the hotel from our room - first for me!. Keven was always extremely accommodating - she suggested some great hikes and printing out the directions. I would also like to give a shout out to Cherry, Alvin and Dave. There were also other that have slipped my mind. Must have been the free flowing champagne on the 28th floor! We also got massages at the spa and took full advantage of the stunning pool and well equipped gym. This is the 3rd time I have stayed at Hotel Icon and I will stay there again on my next trip.

Room tip: Higher rooms with Harbor View are my favorite
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good evening travelmakesumobetta,

Thank you for highlighting the value of choosing our Tesla plus suite package, which includes our Club Lounge privileges such as a private bar and amazing panoramic views of Hong Kong. Our Club's multiple privileges from exclusive concierge services to complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktails mixed by expert bartenders, and unlimited Champagne during happy hour and more, are indeed a huge hit with many of our guests.

Our superstars Lydia, Keven, Cherry, Alvin, Dave together with their respective teams really go above and beyond to deliver an unforgettable occasion for our guests, and I am so proud to be working with such an exceptional team.

Lastly, we really appreciate your thoughtful description of our service. Hotel ICON is like a friend who embraces you on arrival, and anticipates what you may need to make your stay feel like a better version of home.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and to be of service again during your next Hong Kong trip.

Reviewed 16 January 2019

Everything was perfect ! Great stuff. They take care off us on everything . Great location. Shopping with walking distance. All restaurants and cafe near. Nice view. Great restaurants . recommended for everyone!

Date of stay: February 2018
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Good morning Adventurer685126,
Happy new year. Thank you recommending #hoteliconhk on the influential TripAdvisor and on highlighting our key features, namely, strategic location of the hotel, spacious rooms with breathtaking views of both the city skyline and harbour, authentic Asian hospitality culture and award-winning restaurants.

Once again on behalf of the team, thank you for choosing #hoteliconhk and we very much look forward to serving you again during your next Hong Kong trip.