“Best Iberico Char Siu and Tam Tam Xiao Long Pao! ”
Review of Dim Sum Library

Dim Sum Library
Reserve a table
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #290 of 14,738 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$26 - US$45
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: Central to the story of the restaurant is the evolution of traditional Chinese dim sum, in which international ingredients are introduced to centuries-old Chinese recipes to elevate the dim sum all day dining experience.
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

New in Pacific Palace it's a great treat this place. I could happily sit down and eat just these 2 things and leave but wait why would I leave when they have tons of other great dim sum- new, innovative, bold flavors and fillings... almost everything is a must try. Check out the truffle fried rice and other delights.

Now most Hong Kongers know it's difficult to find dim sum anywhere for dinner but this is your place!

Date of visit: February 2017
Aqua R, Guest Relations Manager at Dim Sum Library, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Neerja,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nicole

Write a reviewReviews (318)

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Whilst sounding promising, Dim Sum Library was a let down. The food is presented beautifully and the tea is of high quality (considering they charge per pot)...

But we were let down. Arriving around 3PM on a Saturday afternoon, we were told there were bar seats available only which we were okay with. However, within minutes of being seated, a couple of tables opened up so we wish we had the option to wait a few minutes for this instead since the bar option does not present you with the full menu.

Our waiter(s) delivered water only after 3 requests, then gave me a plate with chopsticks whilst my partner got a plate, no chopsticks but a serviette. It was a bit perplexing considering it wasn't busy and there were several waiters available. Also had to ask for chili soy and spoons for our rice even though the table (who were Caucasian) next to us were given spoons immediately.

Some food options options weren't available when we tried to order and we ended up getting the siu mai, xiaolong bao, hotstone wagyu fried rice and custard tarts. All of which presented neatly (and uniquely) but tasted mediocre. For example, the truffle aroma in the siu mai was very subtle. The xiaolong baos were just colourful blobs (which caused an exploding mess by the way). The custard tarts were good but not hot enough. The rice was okay but super oily and the hotstone is just for presentation. When charging HKD$48+ for 3 pieces of dim sum, I was expecting more. All up the total for 3 dim sum, the rice pot (astounding at HKD$228) and a pot of tea was in excess of HKD$400 and we weren't full not did we have the best experience ambience/service-wise.

Will not be back!

Dear Wanderlust_Rambler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We take all feedback seriously and I have raised your points with the floor team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to reserve again. Nicole.Gilmore@aqua.com.hk

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Worth the wait!!! We had a 30 minute wait. The Foie Gras & Waygu beef stone pot fried rice is a must!!! Just. Do. It!

Date of visit: February 2017

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Dim Sum Library is a classy retreat in the heart of Pacific Place shopping mall. We throughly enjoyed the tasty treats, presented beautifully. Not your normal Dim Sum which is special in Hong Kong! The staff were professional and service prompt. Our favorites were the Dan Dan Shumai and Lobster Bao. It was fantastic to have the convenience of an Aqua group restaurant to enjoy again in Pacific Place, and in our case, fun after going to see a film with friends. We had a lovely experience. We will return!

Date of visit: January 2017

Dear Bwozencroft,

Thank you! I will be sure to pass on those wonderful comments to our Chefs and Floor staff.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

The concept, decor and menu of Dim Sum Library looked enticing. I looked forward to my visit. Once I knew it's a restaurant in the Acqua Group, I sensibly lowered my expectations. Still my meal was an utter disappointment, if not a total disaster.

At the first sight, the food looked very reasonably priced. That's especially so when you consider that some luxurious ingredients like sea urchin and black truffles are used. However, portions were small and they only used so little those luxurious ingredients that I could hardly taste them (for example, ginger lobster bao with spring onion, king crab and sea urchin spring rolls and deep fried taro puff with foie gras).

Overall the food tasted mediocre and looked way much better than they tasted. I could hardly taste any lobster flavour in the seafood ravioli in lobster broth.

The seatings were cramped. My friend and I were seated at a booth. The table was way too small for even half of the food we ordered. The service was chaotic, slow and unprofessional. The place was under staffed and we needed to beg for attention. It took ages to get the bill. We ordered 2 rounds of food and the rice rolls which we ordered in the first round was only served at the last minute because they missed our order.

I should have known better given it's Acqua Group.

Avoid at all costs.

Date of visit: January 2017
Aqua R, Guest Relations Manager at Dim Sum Library, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Egon70,

Thank you for your feedback, please be assured that we value all comments in our continuous aim to improve our guests experience.

We were very disappointed to read of your recent visit with us and we would very much like to address this more fully, could you please contact me at nicole.gilmore@aqua.com.hk

Warm regards, Nicole