All reviews forbidden city beijing hutong boiled eggs minute walk airport pickup quiet hutong decent breakfast western hotels yogurt tienanmen square subway station noodles dongsi driver alley wall china
Reviewed 27 April 2018

If you want to get an authentic feel while staying in Beijing, the Sihe Courtyard Hotel is a great choice. Very helpful staff. Excellent location too (but if you get a taxi from the hotel, tell them to order it from the top of the road as the lane is very narrow).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanja J
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location for all your Beijing destinations. The staff is very helpful with any questions you may have. Hotel is clean and comes with all basic amenities. Only down sides.... Takes a while to heat up the room, we came in January and it's freezing outside, would have been nicer if it were quicker. Other note my husband would mention is that the bed (firm, large, and comfortable) is against a wall and at the foot of the bed was a desk. So for him to go to the bathroom at night he'd have to crawl over me and usually hit his head on one of the posts. If you're smaller this probably won't be an issue.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn N
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Like it there, hotel looks good, I like traditional bed especially, problem can be to find it (cause missing any sign on the way there), anyway good location (close to metro and WangFuTing street), room little small.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Fran-Svk
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is the second time I stayed here, and found both times to be satisfactory. I would recommend this to any adventurous travelers who wish to be exposed to a little more local flavor and culture. Because we stayed nearly a week, the hotel sent someone to pick us up from the airport, which was awesome! The first time I stayed, we got in late and had trouble finding the hotel - it is quite far down the hutong, and if you are a weary traveler, or unsure of the area, it can be tricky to find the first time. Other than that, this is a great spot! It is very centrally located, and close to the 东四 station, as well as a couple of bus stops. Between the 1 or 2 yuan bus trips, and 3 yuan subway fare, we got around very cheaply. There are a TON of restaurants in the area, and it is also about a mile walking distance from Wangfujing where there are many more shops and restaurants.
The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and spoke a good amount of English. I should also mention that they unexpectedly upgraded our room when we got there free of charge, so that was great! The room was spacious and clean. I liked that the room had tea and an electric kettle. This was particularly good for sanitizing water to take in our refillable bottle after it cooled. The location was also great because down the hutong, it was very quiet and peaceful. No noisy traffic or other noises at night time. We enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning - even as vegans, we were able to eat what was offered. Next time I go back to Beijing, I would definitely stay here again!

TL;DR
Great location, clean and quiet rooms, friendly staff, would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elilaamb
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Had a comfortable stay. Decent breakfast with fruit. Helpful staff and we got free aiport pickup. The bathroom was very small (you had to open the door to use the sink). Wad close to the subway and on a good line to get to the sites and ghost street easily.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple