1,260 results
All reviews butler service press club bar celestial court garden court restaurant spg gold embassy district silk market business center walk in closet business lounge upgraded to a suite breakfast buffet excellent hotel every evening concierge team forbidden city main restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One word. Amazing. Revisited after. Month. Attentive staff. Great leadership on the floor - April a star. Flexible but respectful of the brand. Brilliant job April. Great! New staff member Ethan did really well. Excellent English. Knowledge. Food - Superb dishes. Chef de cuisine Victor Zhou on hand to sort out culinary issues. His foie gras absolutely superb. Highly recommended brunch. .

Trip type: Travelled solo
RDeutl, General Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Brandon S,

In the name of all our hosts, I appreciate you celebrated our famed Sunday Champagne Brunch at The St. Regis Beijing.

We were honored to have you with us and are thrilled to learn that the outstanding range of international and national specialties as well as the dessert creations and pass arounds were to your liking. I also appreciate that you recognize some of our true talents we are so proud to have with us, indeed some of the finest talents of Chinese hospitality.

For your next visit - during which we can hopefully invite you to celebrate with us one of our key rituals, the Champagne Sabering - I recommend a nice relaxing time at our 25 m indoor swimming pool after the Brunch or enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of a unique feature we offer, our Hot Springs with mineral waters rising from 1500 m below the surface.

Dear Brandon S, we already look forward welcoming you back very soon again at the Champagne Brunch or any of our other restaurants like Celestial Court, where Chef Jackie just changed the menu and offers even more specialties of his home region, Canton.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Most other reviews give an accurate description. The staff is attentive and helpful, the location is nice (not great) but the hotel is really tired and in desperate need of an upgrade and some maintenance if it wants to live up to St Regis standards. Carpets are old, room layout is outdated, I got an electric shock every time I called the elevator (10th floor), equipment in the gym is very dated (but works!). Staff makes up for much of this though. For the same price / area there are much much better options.

Trip type: Travelled on business
RDeutl, General Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MexBel,

I thank you very much for having stayed recently at The St. Regis Beijing.

In the name of all our hosts, I very much appreciate the recognition of our efforts and success to offer you - our valued guests - most enjoyable and excellent experiences.

Our location indeed is - next to the passion and luxury experience that my professional colleagues demonstrate every day (first and foremost our St. Regis Butler team) - a very good reason to stay with us; right next to Jianguomen Subway station - slightly recessed from Chang'An avenue, right at the Diplomatic quarters with spectacular views towards Beijing skyline - makes it very convenient to get to any point within Bejing very easily.

In addtion ; the hotel features also an expansive Athletics Club with a 25 m indoor swimming pool, featuring a great view on our garden landscape as well as our very own hot springs with waters rising from 1500 m below the surface directly in our Jacuzzi's.

Dear MexBel, we very much value your suggestive comments and will consider them seriously. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you very soon again at The St. Regis Beijing, for us to give the opportunity to offer you the very best of ourselves and ensure your stay will again be a most comfortable one.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has been around since I came to work in Beijing 15 years ago was a big deal then. It shows signs of age - limited wall sockets, some are loose, room switches are stiff so not great for travelers with a ton of gadgets. No Nespresso machine in room in 2018 so thankful the butler can send coffee to the room any time of day. Breakfast is the usual hotel buffet but cooking is mediocre.

Ordered breakfast to go the night before asking it to be delivered to front desk by 5am, asked for coffee and wholemeal bread and nothing showed up. After chasing by front desk, they gave me a box of refined sweet carbs and no coffee. Is that so hard? Much appreciation to the front desk staff who rushed into the cafe, changed my breakfast and added a cappuccino.

Stayed here for the first time as other corporate hotels were sold out and don’t plan to come back. Many newer properties like Park Hyatt, Conrad, Kerry, JW Marriott at the same price if you need to stay in CBD area. One saving grace is the location in quiet embassy district and proximity to Ritan park for outdoor running.

Dear ayy_wong,

In the name of all our hosts, I thank you very much for having stayed at The St. Regis Beijing recently. I appreciate your kind comments on our St. Regis Butler Service team; an innovation that our legendary founder, J.J. Astor IV instated at the first St. Regis in New York already. Accessible to all our valued guests, they offer their (un)packing, ironing and most often asked for, servicing our guests' preferred coffee specialties like latte, cappuccino with great passion and enthusiasm.

I am thrilled to hear that our experienced front desk staff could solve the encountered situation which is not at all characteristic for our hotel, which definitely should not happen at a hotel of our category and we will not rest until we have found its cause and solve it.

Indeed, our location as you described and not to forget Jianguomen Subway station only 200 yards away - with as little as two stops away from Tianmen Square - is one of the many advantages The St. Regis Beijing has and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon again in order to be at your service.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I would like to compliment the butler service ! We order tea every night and ordered lots of bottles of water the first thing in the morning. I just say , the butler Danna is very friendly and obliging.
One thing we realise though, is that the hotel does not offer camomile tea. So we had to order jasmine tea in the evening.

The jacuzzi was a wonderful touch to end the afternoon on the second last day. Love it!

Celestial Court’s Peking duck was a major let down. We ordered half a duck and it was dry and had a weird ducky smell to it. I don’t know if it was kept too long in the fridge. The other dishes at Celestial Court was at best mediocre and not close to St Regis’ Singapore Yan Ge.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EsiotrotK

Dear EsiotrotK,

In the name of all our hosts I thank you very much for having stayed at The St. Regis Beijing recently.

I appreciate your recognition of our signature service, The St. Regis Butler team, that since its establishment by our legendary founder J.J. Astor IV at the first St. Regis in New York (1904) has set the standards for luxury hospitality. Their offers range from (un)packing to servicing tea and coffee upon arrival as well as ironing up your items, so you can be ready for a successful business day. We are proud to have great and passionate talents with us, some of the best that Beijing hospitality can offer.

We appreciate your comment on our food offerings which are truly uncharacteristic and we shall investigate further to ensure similar shortcomings may not occur anymore.

I am happy you mention the Jacuzzi which is - unique here in Beijing - filled with our very own hot springs, mineral waters rising from 1500m below the surface and offering experiences that one would usually only find in resort hotels far outside the major cities.

Dear EsiotrotK, not only the Butler team but all my colleagues do hope very much that your travels will bring you soon back to Beijing. We look forward offering you more of our unique features and services, perfectly embedded in one of the best locations that Beijing has to offer; convenient for business and leisure alike.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Whenever I know that I’ll be heading to Beijing for any amount of time the first thing that I always do is book my stay at the St Regis Beijing. Everyone from the front desk staff to the bellmen to the maid is kind and considerate and attentive. This place truly is my home away from home when I come to China.

1  Thank kanakanate

Dear kanakanate,

In the name of all our hosts I thank you very much for your loyalty towards The St. Regis Beijing.

We feel honored that you reside with us on regular basis; yet please rest assured that despite your support we will continue to improve our services with the aim offering you even more enjoyable and successful visits in future.

We are indeed thrilled of having some of the most talented and passionate hosts working with us, caring, warm-hearted, making sure our guests feel most comfortable throughout the stay.

Dear kanakanate, once again I would like to express my appreciation and we already look forward welcoming you soon back and being at your service again.