See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I have used this hotel on a regular basis as its close to my office.
They say you get what you pay for, and this is a very true phrase here.
The price reflects the quality of the hotel in general, low quality cold service at reception, old decoration, worn out bedsheets (complete with stains and holes).
The hotel is dirty and there is always a stale smoke smell throughout the rooms on the 4th and 5th floor.

Room Tip: 5th Floor is non smoking, but people still smoke, advise looking at other hotels first
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stayed in this hotel two years ago, so I wanted to do it again. I went on their web site and made a reservation for 5 days. I got confirmation email back with prices, including sales tax and such, which we had to pay upon arrival. When we finally got there, we were unpleasantly surprised and greeted with prices far more higher than the one we were ALREADY CONFIRM FOR, even though we had a printout of their email with everything. They said it was a mistake of some sort and it was not them who sent it... I am underlining it was an email with their address, phone numbers and everything. They didn't even bother to apologize. Of course, and quite naturally - we didn't go for this blackmail and ripoff... PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BOOK WITH "SUNJOY HOTEL" in Peking!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank marija p
Reviewed 21 January 2016

Positives? Great location for the really cheap price.
Negatives? Not much English spoken so many misunderstanding results from staff that looks like they just arrived from the province. No knowledge or training of Western ways in running a hotel. If you shower and sleep, this is a great hotel. Nice place to save money for transients since there are good restaurants around the area and it is just a block away from Jiangoumen subway station. No frills hotel.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms first then make your choice.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room. I was expecting a small room but was provided a largish room with a sofa.
The staff is pleasant and can hadle simple transactions in English (e.g., calling for a taxi but do not ask them about more complicated matters such as good local places to eat or get a massage).
The breakfast is pretty basic and if you don't like Chinese themed food, then you are plumb out of luck!
The bed is hard by western standards.
The shower is great.
The location is pretty good.
There is a spa next door (Taipan) but seems a bit expensive and not terribly popular.
WiFi never worked for me.
Better ask for a non-smoking room (the 5th floor appears to be dedicated for that).

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Modest hotel near Ritan Park, in a very quiet part of town where most embassies located.We've booked for what is near Yabaolu center and Silk market.Nearby there is a metro station (metro number 2)It is a circular line and very easy to navigate and a transfer to other metro.We did not spend much time in the room(just come to sleep),rooms are small, but all you need they have,and the price was ok. In room has a small fridge and electric kettle for coffee .In the price of the room includes breakfast,which in my opinion is very modest and not very yummy.On reception only one of staff spoke English.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business