The Lazizi Premiere
US$145
US$120
US$101
Agoda.com
All reviewsairport areagreat airport hotelfree shuttleclose to the airportunexpected overnight stayrooftop pooltransit passengersusd per personairport securitybetween flightsovernight transitmorning flightnairobi airportjomo kenyatta international airporthuge bedon arrivalegg station
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had booked on email directly with Lazizi, for 4 adults and 4 children, 2 sets of interleaving rooms. We were 8 people with lots of luggage - firstly when we arrived the first time we were met with a car and booking had us a 2 people! So we had to wait over an hour at the airport late in the evening with kids for a bus to come. When it came we got to the hotel and then another HOUR spent at the reception desk as they had only booked us 2 rooms - for 8 people. I then asked if the rooms were big beds or double beds, I said it is late and we are all tired, if the beds are king we could make a plan and fit - we were told they were doubles, so took and hour to check us in to four rooms finally. When we got to the rooms, the beds were bigger than the normal king room, so I then phoned down to reception and said we will just stay in the one room as there is enough space it is not a double - it is a large king. To then be told I would need to pay cancellation fee for the other room as it was a late cancellation. I then said I wanted the manager and the service was shocking - I said I was not paying a late cancellation fee, the room was only booked ten minutes ago. Finally we stayed in the one big room. The hotel is noisy, hardly slept at all. When we checked out, I asked them to please put us in the same rooms when we returned as we could sleep 4 in the room (we have small kids) they said all fine and booked. When we returned again we waited an HOUR at the airport for a bigger car to fit us in!!! when we got to the hotel, again only 2 x Twin rooms booked as before - yet another hour spent at the reception, to book the big king rooms... got to the rooms - they were double!!!! We had to then get extra mattresses, this was already 11pm at night and we had to leave at 5am the next morning, so all we wanted was to sleep... The restaurant was good - although dont eat any beef. But the reception and the service of the rooms/hotel is just atrocious especially when they are charging top dollar!!!! I will never stay here again as it really put a bad start and an even worse end to our lovely trip in Kenya! Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ALBots
Ramesh T, General Manager at The Lazizi Premiere, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. It is always valuable for us to understand our guest experiences, so that we can continue to review our service standards.

Nevertheless, we are very sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, due to the untoward experience upon your arrival. We assure you that Lazizi Premiere Nairobi is known for its service standards & courteous staff. Your feedback has been noted and we are actively working to fine tune the arrival experience as well as the promt problem resolution skills.

We do hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Nairobi again soon and while we can empathize with your disappointment and can understand your hesitation to stay with us again, I do hope that you will give our hotel another try and contact me directly for your next reservation in order for me to personally look after your arrangements and ensure that you will have a satisfactory and enjoyable stay with us.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the untoward experience at our hotel. I do look forward to hearing from you and hope to meet you personally on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seems nice but service is awful. You'd get better at 3 star hotels. Room booked for 2 comes with 1 towel, 1 pair of slippers. Had to go down to reception to get extras sent to the room.
Wifi not working so called for help only to be told there were technical problems, however my wife got one of the staff to get it working on her phone.
All after they took more than half an hour to check us in.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nirali M
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Lazizi Premier is a five star hotel - a fairly new addition located inside the international airport premises.It offers a complimentary pick up from JKIA airport.It is about 45 to 60 minutes from the Wilson airport, depending on traffic.It is a handy place to stay,particularly if you are in transit through Nairobi and wish to avoid the heavy Nairobi traffic.It has introduced a new "Handy",smart telephone in the rooms, with certain number of free international calls and local calls.The only disadvantage I faced was that though I got into the hotel at about 10:30 pm my room was not ready! Strange.On enquiry I found that many airline crew stay at the hotel and hence my room was not ready.I had to wait at least 30 minutes while the room was being done.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Ramesh T, General Manager at The Lazizi Premiere, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Nevertheless, we are very sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, due to the delay of check in upon your arrival. We assure you that Lazizi Premiere Nairobi is known for its service standards & courteous staff. Your feedback has been noted and we are actively working to fine tune the arrival experience as well as the promt problem resolution skills.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Oh dear. The one-night booking for our party was made well in advance, and our arrival time was known (we suppose?!) because we had booked the transfer taxi to collect us from the airport. We arrived about 9.45 p.m. and had to wait at least 1 1/2 hours before our rooms were available. Each time we asked for an update we were told it would be about 10 minutes. Got to bed exhausted and all still felt tired next day. Exquisitely polite staff, but of little avail if you simply can't get to bed. No bill reduction offered, and no real explanation of what went wrong.

Rooms very clean and well appointed, but no time or energy to appreciate them.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Ramesh T, General Manager at The Lazizi Premiere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Stayed here as a stopover on the way to the Seychelles. The pickup from the airport was good, even though we had a wait a while. The hotel itself is really good. Big rooms, comfy beds and all amenities. The hotel bar is reasonably priced. My only gripe is the cost of the breakfast. We had pancakes, coffee and some fruit and it was 30 euros. We did not realise that is was a buffet style and did not want a lot. Probably our fault, but good to be aware. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gillianweatherburn

Dear Gillian,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to providing us with your valuable feedback and i am delighted to learn that you had a splendid stay with us.

At The Lazizi Premiere we focus on ensuring that our guests are provided with top notch services and high-quality amenities, to ensure that they leave the hotel with a smile and a memory to share on. We are all about creating unique experiences for our guests every time they visit our property and we are overjoyed to know that we were able to do the same during your stay.

Once again thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Lazizi Premiere as your one-stop destination, we look forward to serving you again soon.