All reviews rooftop restaurant public ferry west bank luxor temple across the river family suite bedside table top floor egyptian hospitality taxi driver egyptian pounds nile view room karim sites valley kings banks
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely stay at this friendly and homely hotel. It has stunning views over the Nile from room balconies and the roof-top restaurant. Very convenient for the Valley of the Kings, ferry (EGP5), and Luxor Temple and Museum across the river. Allowed me to use my room early after arriving on the sleeper train from Cairo.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
ElMesalaHotel, Manager at El Mesala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for be with us in the hotel,
We always are happy to do all what we can in our family hotel.
We are delighted you had a good time and we are looking forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I would give it more stars if I could....

Firstly, despite popular belief that Egypt is currently some “dangerous”, “scary” place that is a”no go” for western tourist, I can tell you that as a solo female traveler who does not easily blend in, I met the kindest people I’ve experienced in my travels in Egypt (40+ countries) in particular in Luxor and at El Mesala!

Luxor itself is an overlooked gem! This includes being overlooked by those that come in tour groups and only spend a few hrs.

The far better option is to actually come and experience the true Luxor which can be done best at El Mesala. Luxor itself is far more than 30 mins at Karnak and a tomb, and
the hotel ensured that I saw just a fraction of what it had to offer in my short time there.

Not only does Luxor have an incredible amount of history and sites to visit, including the Luxor Temple which El Mesala beautifully overlooks, it’s also the most budget friendly place I traveled in Egypt, it’s charming, the people are MORE than welcoming and friendly, the views are beautiful, especially if you stay at El Mesala on the West Bank, and you will be treated by everyone you encounter as family.

There is so much to see and do in Luxor, three days (let alone a 3 hr tour) is not enough. I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to go experience Luxor, stay at El Mesala and all this magical place and its people to charm you!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
ElMesalaHotel, Manager at El Mesala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear guest,
We thank you for your nice comment, as well about our hotel as about Luxor.
It is good that by your comment let people see that it's safe to come to visit all the beautiful monuments as well as enjoy the stay near to the enchanting River Nile!
It is our pleasure also to help guests to discover the more hidden places, as you say so well, often overlooked by the tour groups rushing trough at high speed!
We do our best, as a family hotel, to be budget friendly and still offering good value for money.
Hoping to see you again if you stay in Luxor another time!
Mohamed Younis& Ahmed Younis
Manager & Co-owner

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

..... just arrived and Wow..... incredible place. The place is wonderful alround. The pictures dont do it justice as it is stunnung. My room is awesome and incredibly relaxing. Booked a different room but the manager has placed me in a room with a view of the Nile with outstanding views of Luxor temple. Impossible not to be grateful. Was only meant to be in Luxor for 5 days and 3 weeks later, still here. Lovely place. Cant wait to see the sunrise tomorrow from my balcony.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Paul,
We are glad you liked our hotel El Mesala and even decided to stay much longer with us, 3 weeks instead of 5 days!
If we have rooms available, it's our pleasure to give a free upgrade from standard room to Deluxe Nile view room, as we were happy to do for you.
Enjoying the sunrise from your room is certainly pleasant, did you notice that from the rooftop restaurant you can see the magnificent sunset?!
We hope to welcome you again next time you visit Luxor!
Mohamed Younis & Ahmed Younis
Manager & Co-owner

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I have just returned from 3 nights at El Mesala and i can honestly say this is as described above. An absolute Jewel on the banks of the nile. From the very second i set foot in the hotel Mohammed the owner made me feel like family, and that is exactly how i felt. Not only was i welcomed into his hotel but i had the honour of being a guest at his family home to break fast because it was ramadan.
The hotel is a small family run place directly on the banks of the nile with one, if not the best view i have ever had from a hotel. The whole place is spotless and has a great little pool in a great sun trap. If you are ever looking for a hotel in Luxor just hop on the ferry to west bank and the El Mesala is waiting for you just meters away.
Once again i would like to thank all the family for welcoming me to their house which i still feel very honoured. The rooftop restaraunt does authentic local Egyptian food of quality and very reasonably prices.
I i find myself in Luxor again which im sure will happen i will return to El Mesala and stay with my new Egyptian family.
All the very best wishes

Jan

Room Tip: Ask for a nile view and it will blow your mind
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Jan,
We thank you for your nice review of our hotel.
I am sorry late answer but I got some issues getting into TripAdvisor page.

It is our ambition to make that our guests feel at home in our family hotel.
And yes, we are lucky to have a fantastic location directly on the river Nile!
We are delighted you appreciated our hotel so much, as well as our rooftop restaurant.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at your next stay in Luxor.
We are looking forward to see you again at Hotel El Mesala!

Mohamed Younis & Ahmed Younis
Manager and Co-owner

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I had a great time visiting Luxor for a week in February 2018. The staff at El Mesala made me feel very welcome. Ahmed in particular was a great host. It is a family run place, and has a very nice atmosphere. I especially loved the views out over the Nile to Luxor Temple, which could be seen both from my bedroom and the room terrace.

The food was fantastic, especially the set lunch. I recommend the Lamb Kofta. This was a great relaxing base from which to visit the incredible sites in the area. The staff will be happy to help you to organise any trips with reputable guides and drivers.

I found that the other guests were friendly and ending up chatting with several of them over beers. If I come back to Luxor, I'm sure I'll be booking myself into the El Mesala again.

Room Tip: Views over the Nile are especially good.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank R0bW1
ElMesalaHotel, Manager at El Mesala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for your nice review of our hotel and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at your next stay in Luxor.
We always do our best to make everything as comfortable as possible for our dear guests.
Best greetings, Mohamed Younes and Ahmed Younes, Hotel Managers.