“Best place for souvenirs”
Review of Khan Al-Khalili

Khan Al-Khalili
Book In Advance
More Info
US$21.75*
and up
Private Walking Tour to Khan el-Khalili and...
Ranked #35 of 264 things to do in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Islamic Cairo, this busy and colorful open-air bazaar is filled with unique and exotic items from spices and perfumes to jewelry and souvenirs.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Best place to buy souvenirs, learn the Arabic numbers, practice haggling, lots of choice of what to buy, open morning til night, the place to hang out/use up remaining money in Cairo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,998)
All reviews
in 82 reviews
"lamps"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My mother and I visited in the evening. It was shops galore. Lots of little shops selling more or less the same things. Most of the stuff looked like it was made in China, but we didn't mind because everything was soooooo cheap. Having said that, we also saw some high quality products- handbags and such. The people there were friendly enough offering us refreshments if it looked like we would make a purchase. Remember to bargain on everything. There is always a reduction to be made even if they insist its a fixed price. The only annoying thing not just at Khan El Khalili, but everywhere we went in Cairo and Sharm El Sheik was the question "Where are you from" We must have heard this question over a hundred times a day!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

You can really enjoy the beautiful steers and architecture of old Cairo with around one thousand years old mosques and houses.
it's a perfect walk especially at night, at the perfect place to buy some souvenirs to remind you how great your trip in Egypt was.
Just be aware of the overpriced stuff you can always take it for less than half the price.

1  Thank NourA2536
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

If you do one thing in Cairo then this would be my number 1. Noise, bustle, dirt, colour and smells intermingle at will. Be prepared to haggle mercilessly remembering a trader would never sell himself short. Decide what you are prepared to pay and stick to it. Be wary of eating any street food and avoid the local cat population! You won’t be disappointed I can guarantee. You are bound to depart clutching something you had no intention of buying but will act as a lifelong memory of an unforgettable experience.

1  Thank Julia H
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

They have many things that actually make me very interesting. Lamps, plates, clothes, and all the pretty souvenirs. I am in the mood to fill my new home, so you can imagine how happy i am to have this place. But i just can't stand for the bargaining part. They are dishonest, the sellers. And that's all. It soon reduce my opinion about this place. They will act like we are the one who broke the bargaining, they are yell at me, and intimidating. End of story. I won't go back to this place again

4  Thank Doremia80