All reviews great breakfast included price includes helped us plan single room serviced daily hot shower western style breakfast sule pagoda small sign star service traditional burmese private bathroom perfect stay airport pickup air con onward travel downtown yangon
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I stayed here for a week in November. What a fantastic place, great location, great staff, great breakfast and great city. The location was about 4 blocks from Sule Pagoda, which is onl a 10 minute walk away. The staff at reception recommended where to see, gave a few maps and spoke good English. The waiters and housekeeping staff were polite, funny and did a great job. The breakfast was amazing, considering you can get a dorm from for about £7/$9. There was fruit juice, choice of 4 main breakfasts, plate or fruit and choice of tea or coffee. I actually had a single room (£15) it was ensuite with air con and a fan. The shower was always hot and induced was a toothbrush, soap and shower gel. I would highly recommend Lotus Bed and Breakfast. 5 star service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gow
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Has good comfortable beds, quite clean. We were 2 friends, we got double bed and another small bed. Room was big. Shower & toilets are in the same space.. But it's OK. There was hot water in the shower during day & night. Price includes nice breakfast for your choice (noodles or egg& sausage), also coffee and juice . Good wifi coverage. All in all good value for the price

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Lotus Bed & Breakfast was a great find. It is located midtown, in a commercial district with a few restaurants, bars and night markets close by.

Staff were great. They were very friendly and gave us a map of the area and gave many recommendations. On our first night they suggested we have dinner at Lotus, a few blocks away and it was one of the best meals (traditional Burmese) we had in Myanmar. Staff also helped to arrange bus tickets (with no markup) as well as a taxi to take us to the station (an hours' drive away so make the allowance!).

Room was clean and was serviced daily. Breakfast was good; you are given a choice of 4 different dishes.

We had to take a few tuk tuks to the main attractions etc however transport is very cheap so all considering, location is good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

So after a long 12 hour bus ride with my Burmese girlfriend, the hotel wouldn't allow her to come into my room for the hour or 2 before she went back to her home so she could go to work.

I booked a single room because I was the only one sleeping there. This was the last time I would be seeing my girlfriend for around 6 months and this hotel would only allow us to sit in the noisy cafe together. Not exactly the place you want to be after a 12 hour sleepless bus and the last 2 hours you have with your partner before saying goodbyes. Pathetic.

On top of this, I emailed in advance to see if the room would be available early for check in for this exact reason and they didn't reply. Probably so they could get my business. Then after arguing with the rude owner, I asked for my money back and they would only give a partial refund.

The hotel looked nice, but certainly not the most accomodating of owner. Won't be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben R
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Lotus Bed and Breakfast is hidden away in the old part of Yangon. The entrance, which is next to a shoplot that looks abandoned but isn't, leads up sturdy wooden stairs. I was glad that my husband and I had requested pick up at the airport as I don't think a tax driveri could have located it.

However, the entrance was not representative of the hotel. The rooms, altough small, were clean but without windows. The wifi had excellent coverage. The chic breakfast nooked looked out onto a busy street or a quiet back lane through a profusion of plants. It was the perfect place to contemplate the journey.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The first example involved extended instructions to a tour guide who couldn't find the hotel and then the following day the night staff ensured that we woke up in time to catch a very early flight.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple