All reviews central location floor wifi taxi bathtub deluxe pagoda
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We had left a rivercruise and intended to stay one night, very very pleasant experience.

The room was small and faced the street, but clean and in good condition. We made a few requests of the staff which they responded to quickly and politely.

We had dinner on the 9th floor restaurant with views over Yangon to Schwe Dagon Pagoda and watched the sunset. Dinner was very nice, well prepared and cheap.....Both if us eating for $11.00 USD.

Overall a very pleasant experience, and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GrandLaurelHotel, Manager at Grand Laurel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for your stay with us, Mr. Robert. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the dining experience at our rooftop restaurant, and our services. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I had booked a room through Expedia , the category of my booked was superior double or twin with city view . For booking this room I paid extra to Expedia as they had options for different category of rooms .
I checked in this morning and I was given a room with a window but outside is a wall of next building to it .
I went back to reception and I showed them my booking . I was told if I need a room with city view , I should pay extra to upgrade my room. I feel cheated by Expedia and the hotel both . I attach here the picture of my booking for ref. My room no is 507. No view room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 33deepakk
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has spacious rooms, well maintained , good air conditioner, bright light and has all facilities one can think.

The breakfast is just average. If u are ok bread butter jam and omelettes then shouldn’t be of any worry. Vegetarian will have problems.

This hotel doesn’t serve food in the room and Restuarant closes by 8 pm

You have number of places close by ..

I will stay here again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
GrandLaurelHotel, Manager at Grand Laurel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Mr. Panditrao. We are glad to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your comment on our F&B service. We are constantly improving our breakfast variety. Currently, we serve Burmese and Asian menu and vegetarian dish daily as well as the European breakfast. Room service food order is available upon request until 9 pm. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The staff at the front desk are commendable as they took the extra mile of effort to give information for a traveling duo with convenient hails of cab for the traveler upon booking. Rooms were clean and the amenities were adequate.
The bell boys are very helpful in getting your stuffs to the correct cab and declines any tips too, very humble people.
The lobby is comfy n cozy with lots of information for a traveler who is on the wait. The hotel also accommodates early check-in upon availability of rooms and is very considerate for long distance travelers.
Good job Grand Laurel.

Room Tip: Rooms are generally quieter on top floors
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
GrandLaurelHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Laurel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Abhimanyu A,
Thank you for your stay with us, and for positive feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our services and facilities, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Many of the reviews both here and on other sites are quite high. I saw an overall rating of 8.3 and read several reviews before I booked the Grand Laurel Hotel in Yangon. It is neat and clean. Several of the "amenities" listed are not quite true. There is no "airport shuttle" as stated. They do call and get you a taxi very fast however. The Staff is very helpful and one of the Ladies speaks English very well and another young Lady is very fluent in English. The location is pretty good and you can walk to several local sites and small restaurants in the area. I liked the fact that the room was very clean and the bathroom has a bathtub. I give the Grand Laurel Hotel a solid 7.0 rating. Would I go back? Probably so due to both the spotless condition of the Hotel and room and the helpfulness of all of the Staff. They are doing their best to provide a nice stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple