All reviews iririki island panorama suite central location small casino pool area curry night third floor buffet breakfast stay in port vila close to town balcony pokies vanuatu foyer flutter sylvie ferry
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for a family members birthday with him and 17 others, great time had by all, fantastic Expresso martinis, popcorn chicken, fried rice and a nice selection of breakfast options available ( try the home made banana jam) central area located close to a lot of places (market, waterfront) TV, airconed rooms, comfortable, a great casino with black jack, pokies, Texas hold'em to name a few.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Patrick C

Thank you for highlighting those favorite food selections and of the course the Expresso martini.

A great location and property to celebrate a birthday, as you mentioned, town and entertainment close by for all.

Until a next birthday celebration,
with thanks and regards

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We just arrived home yesterday and I could not wait to write this review! The Grand hotel & Casino far exceeded our expectations. The view from the panoramic rooms are breathtaking and we absolutely loved waking up to an incredible view every morning. The sunsets were to die for as well!
The hotel is so conveniently located to everything and the staff were so warm and welcoming making us happy every time we talked to any of them. The rooms were clean and well appointed and beds very comfortable. There is no noise in the rooms whatsoever. The restaurant is the best in Port Vila, we tried a few others but none compared to the quality of food we experienced at the Grand.
If you are wanting a holiday that ticks all the boxes then do not go past this place! We can not wait to go back!
THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!! :)

Room tip: Panoramic suites are superb
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Serina M

Many thanks for your wonderful review and so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us at the Grand Hotel and Casino.

Indeed the views of the harbour are fabulous, and location so central.

Glad to know that our genuine Melanesian hospitality was extended and meals enjoyed.

We do hope that we will all be able to welcome you back when next visiting Port Vila.

best regards

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Has wonderful view of the sea and opposite beaches. Eating breakfast while viewing boats anchored nearby or sailing past the hotel is much appreciated. There is also a spa facility in the basement near the pool area that offers a good massage after office hours to help you unwind and relax after a long 4-connecting flight trip.
However, hot water is hard to come by when showering in the morning. Be prepared to shower in cold water.

Room tip: Get room with sea view and with hot running water
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

It’s the people that make your memories, your holidays, your life, truly special! Apart from being a lovely Hotel, all of the Staff at The Grand Hotel are beautiful, wonderful souls. They welcomed me as if I was family into to their own home. I cannot recommend or commend them enough. Vanuatu is beautiful. Fredson, Greg, Helen .... oh, I am terrible with names, but to the other 15-20 staff that assisted me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will be back. To the Owner and The Management - appreciate your staff; I have travelled extensively and never found such a welcoming and kind team of Employees. They deserve a huge bonus and pay rise please. I will be returning and recommending to every friend, family member and stranger I meet ☺️ Great work guys and girls, Godbless you all xo

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear 492susie,

Many thanks for such a wonderful highly regarded review of your recent stay with us.
We agree, our staff here at the Grand Hotel and Casino are indeed a highlight and so very pleased that our natural Melanesian hospitality was enjoyed.
You did very well with names and of course shall share your feedback with our team members.
Until next time,
with regards
Bettina Mahieu

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This hotel can only be called 'tired and worn'.

I stayed overnight after Trees & Fishes before flying out the the next day. No minibar - the fridge did work but the door trays were broken. No bottled water (I went to the nearby supermarket). The kettle they provided didn't fit any of the power points, so they sent somebody up with an adaptor when asked. The lock to the balcony didn't work (couldn't open the door - it wasn't locked, but the lock was trying to fall off). Noisy aircon, stained lamp shades. The bed and shower/bath area were at least clean, although lacking in spare toilet tissue. Bin was dented, bathroom door was rotting.

Free Wifi worked OK.

It also had the very dated clear glass wall between bathroom and bedroom.

Due to menu pricing, I ate dinner and breakfast next door at Cafe du Village (separate review- very good).

Surprisingly, the Casino offered a good exchange rate to change AUD$ - that was before I found the ANZ ATM next to the entrance door.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the view over the harbour was nice and the central location were really the only pluses for staying here.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ian B
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Ian B,

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay and highlighting areas that we need to focus attention to.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please email me directly:
gm@grandvanuatu.com.

We are pleased to hear that the location and service by team members were enjoyed.

with regards