All reviews communal kitchen other islands other guests meet other travellers home away from home place to stay rooms are clean an easy minute walk stay in port vila local knowledge close to town front gate nice pool real vanuatu booking tours four nights self cater
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I am a frequent visitor to Port Vila, and have recently brought a couple groups of recent college graduates to Vanuatu. When in Port Vila, I always choose to stay at Travellers, as it offers as authentic of an experience as one can have when visiting Vanuatu. First, the rooms are well-furnished and all face the inner courtyard/pool/communal dining area/kitchen. The result is that it facilitates the gathering of fellow and like-minded travelers in the evening for good conversation, cold Tuskers, and interaction with the wonderful staff (a good mix of Ni-Vanuatu and Aussies). Breakfasts are a similar experience, and a great way to start the day.
Second, it is in a real Port Vila neighborhood/setting, which, again, gives you a much more local experience. There are nakamals (kava bars) within easy walking distance for the evening shell (strongly encourage you to try this if you want to experience the real Vanuatu), and the waterfront bars/restaurants/shopping are an easy 10 minute stroll away. Finally, as mentioned, Michael, Agnes, and the other staff members are delightful and super helpful. Staying at Travellers is almost like a local home stay, and all the members of my two groups found their stay here to be most welcoming, comfortable, and authentic. Sure, you can stay in a tourist resort, but, as with those types of places everywhere in the world, you tend to be cut off from the reality of the local culture. However, if you are a "traveler" and want to experience the best of Vanuatu, then, trust me, this is the place for you! I will keep coming back to Traveller's every time I visit Vila.

Room Tip: If you are a group of three or more, you can book the dorm room for yourselves, thereby giving you a bit more space to spread out.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
travellersmotel, Owner at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank You Roy for such a great in depth review.
Your last 2 groups have been a pleasure to have as guests at our Motel, and always brings lots of nice happy vibes to our motel when groups like yourselves stay. This year was a special year not only did we have your group from South Carolina. But also a group from The University of NSW who are also regulars. Followed by another group Joint Therapy Organisation from Perth in Australia.
Again Roy thank you for such a great review and we look forward to meeting your family and another group in 2020.

Thankyou
Michael, Gabby, Agnes, Mimi and Tonny.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our stay in Port Vila. The owner and his daughter were helpful in giving us ferry times and other information needed for our first stay. The room was nice and had everything you need. I would say, you get what you pay for. It is good as a start but I wouldn't stay more than 2 nights here as there are a lot of other comparable stay options in Port Vila as well. You can meet other travelers here if you are looking for that. It is a bit of a walk to the center or you can take a bus.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Reviewed 28 June 2018

For 9,000 a night this place is not a good value. For an extra 2,000 you can stay in much nicer places. If you can get a room for under 5,000 I might give it a four. It needs a good clean. If you are just in port vila for one night between flights it will do. If you plan to stay in port vila a few nights I'd fine somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thankyou for your review Ashley.
Our rooms here are cleaned Meticulously by staff that have been here many years.
You chose our Motel for whatever reason and agreed to pay the price, which from my point of view is cheap. Costs of operation are very high.
Good luck with your future travels.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed 4 Nights at Travellers Budget Motel, I found the location fantastic not to far from Town. With lots of places to eat close by. The staff and Owners are super lovely and so very helpful. They also offer a lovely island fruit salad for minimum cost for breakfast. The rooms are centred around a sparkling in ground pool. I certainly would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room up in the Corner
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Michael, Gebbie, and Agnes were so hospitable and helpful. The motel is actually a comfortable guesthouse, and with a wonderful swimming pool.
I stayed in a dorm since I'm alone. The room has almost everything, clean bathroom, a little kitchen with a fridge, and even a microwave. It's really convenient for budget travellers.
For tours around the city and even the country, just go and ask Gebbie or Agnes for advice. They will help you out.
Before I went to Tanna, Agnes called the guesthouse there, so when I arrived, I had my transfer immediately without hard finding.
I highly recommend this place to stay in Port Villa. It's worth every penny.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank zlj1982
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank your for your lovely comment! Loved having you here at Travellers and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Gabby