All reviews longer term fridge freezer self catering air con full kitchen units bungalow town accommodation buses lagoon ian laptop roomy
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Tradewinds Villas were clean and comfortable with a full kitchen for cooking, but looked a little tired and old, could do with a face lift. The entrance was not too appealing and was in a shabby part of town, was not far to walk to town but did not feel comfortable walking home at night by myself.
But the pool and gardens inside the grounds were inviting and a great place to relax. Beware of a Taxi Driver called Carlos which the host recommends, he is charming at first but over charges & when he found that I was travelling by local busses (vans) which are a fraction of the price he became rude and aggressive !!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sue s
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The units are cool, private and roomy with great kitchens and balconies. The garden and pool are relaxing and you can easily walk to town or get a taxi for 500Vt. There is parking, the gates are locked at night and the staff very obliging. This would be our choice of accommodation in Port Vila township and the best value for money.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I stayed in one of the studio apartments at Tradewinds for a total of 7 weeks while working as a newly qualified doctor at the hospital which is just next door. I had a lovely time and couldn’t recommend it more highly - excellent value accommodation - I doubt bettered anywhere else - at least I didn’t discover anywhere in my research before or during my time there.... The apartments are clean, comfortable and made for an excellent base to live out of for the period. Incredibly good for longer term stays especially if you’re working in the hospital or nearby in town. Lots of midwives, doctors, nurses, volunteers, aid workers etc all coming through here using Tradewinds as their base. Ian the manager got several of us and the guests at Seachange (which he also manages) together for some barbecues which was really fun. He arranged pick up from the airport which was much appreciated on first arriving! He works tirelessly and was always on hand to help with a problem or answer my enquiries about how to get the best out of my time here. His receptionist Oly was fantastic too, nothing too much trouble for either of them. The apartment was serviced regularly by Rosy who cleaned everything beautifully 2 or 3 times a week. She would do the kitchen, bathroom, put pots and pans away, make the beds, change the sheets, kindly do a clothes wash once a week and... help us chop up coconuts that fell in the garden! Edwin was often around cleaning the pool, strimming the grass and generally keeping the place looking nice and tidy. I didn’t want for anything in the apartment; basic cooking equipment so that I could eat cheaply making food at home, fan for when it was hot, air conditioning although found I actually didn’t need it, fridge-freezer, TV and DVD player, lots of wall sockets, lighting and plenty of space - enough to spread myself out with some yoga! There is a communal area with a really decent barbecue grill you can use, wifi and a pool which catches the morning sun and is lovely in the afternoon shade. Walking into town to the market, nakamals, cinema, restaurants etc takes 10-15 mins max or you can go by bus which come past on the road regularly. Ian has a two seater kayak that I borrowed with a pal and took to the island Erakor at the bottom of the lagoon which was a great day out. I do a lot of running and enjoyed exploring the area that way - some decent hills to work up and down.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jtalbot2017
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Ian who runs Seachange and Tradewinds was a great host, organised a great day with John's island tours 'good trip. Arranged taxi to airport, the driver was punctual and obliging. Recommend people travel to Vanuatu and stay with Ian. Merry Xmas. Victoria and Peter.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria V
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Ian was too lovely on my trip over to Vanuatu. I was volunteering at the hospital and therefore gave me a discount on my accommodation. The hospital was within walking distance to the hospital which was fantastic. Ian even went out of his way and got all the medical students together for a BBQ, very thoughtful. It's also a small walk to the markets and grocery store.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business