“Mixed feelings ”

Wild Ginger
Ranked #25 of 102 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Experience Vanuatu’s most elegant restaurant, a unique and unforgettable experience in Wild Ginger. With exhibition kitchen featuring Teppanyaki grill, sushi station, wok station and grill, the menu at Wild Ginger is sure to please all taste buds. Special dishes include traditional stir-fries, spicy noodle dishes, local seafood as well as Vanuatu’s World renowned grilled Santo beef. Fusion meets the South Pacific, at Le Lagon Resort at the renowned Wild Ginger Restaurant. Guests have a choice of air-conditioned indoor dining or outdoor dining with views of the resort's landscaped gardens and Erakor Lagoon. The menu is a fusion of the freshest local produce, with a select range of up-market imported ingredients, creating a combination of unique flavors from various parts of the culinary world. Wild Ginger hosts the only Teppanyaki Grills in Vanuatu; with a selection of local ingredients including lobster, Santo steak, prawns, salmon, chicken, mussels, and squid.
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

During our stay at Le Lagon we dined here, due to the restaurant being quiet my wife was able to order the santo beef from the tepanyaki section and sit with me I ordered the whole baked fish both dishes fantastic , service great While dining the rain became heavy we watched the rain running down inside the wall also the glass doors funny. We then made a mistake we felt like desert ordered marble cheesecake at $15 Aus what a joke no taste , serving so small ridiculous, tasted like topping drizzled over the top , it really was not up to the restaurant standards.

Damian K, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Ralph Y,

Thank you for your recent review, I am very happy to see you enjoyed your mains and Teppanyaki experience. I have passed on your feedback to our executive chef and our maintenance teams have been working hard to fix the current issue with roofing for Wild Ginger.
I really hope to see you return to Wild Ginger again.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner last night while staying at Warwick Le Lagon. The food was amazing with such generous portions.. It was the chef Vincelee's first night & he did a spectacular job! It was very tasty & a great show to watch. If only the resort itself had such high standards....
Would come back to Wild Ginger when we come back to Vanuatu..

Damian K, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear SCUBARachh,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wild Ginger at Warwick Le Lagon. I will pass your comments on to Vanslie and yes he is a great addition to our team. We difinitely can't wait to see you again again in Wild Ginger.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

a very enjoyable night with a couple we had meet in our travels, great choices on the menu and very friendly staff

Damian K, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear collinsmithy,

Thank you for your recent review. I will pass on your compliments to our team and thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We were staying at another resort and wanted a change, this place is brilliant. Great service, great wine list and food was sooooooo delicious. We chose of the menu and shared the dishes.

Damian K, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at Wild Ginger. I will pass on the compliments to our team. Our chefs take great pride in working with the fresh produce that Vanuatu supplies. We hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Went here based on good TripAdvisor reviews, and we were surprised at how good the place was.

Great service, good selection of drinks on offer, great food menu. Excellent mix of Asian fusion dishes, with teppanyaki as an option if you wanted to do so.

We had the a la carte menu - grilled scallops, fresh tuna sushi rolls, lobster gnocchi, poulet fish red curry. All meals were excellent.

I was a bit anxious booking ahead because I couldn’t find a food menu online, but in the end was nothing to worry about.

Would recommend and would visit again

Damian K, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Chris

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at Wild Ginger. I will pass on the compliments to our team. Our chefs take great pride in working with the fresh produce that Vanuatu supplies. Once our new menu is ready, I will ensure it published online for everybody to see.I hope to see you rejoin us again soon.