“AMAZING PLACE TO EAT AND ENJOY!!!”
Review of COYA Doha

COYA Doha
Ranked #702 of 1,357 Restaurants in Doha
Price range: US$55 - US$124
Description: The spirit of South America in Doha through a vibrant multi-dimensional exploration of Peruvian cuisine and culture. COYA is more than a restaurant, join us for an immersive experience inspired by vibrant Latin American culture.
Reviewed 3 April 2021

I would like to highly recommend this restaurant, as a native Peruvian I have to say, the taste of the food was absolutely delightfully amazing!

I also appreciate the well received feedback taken by the General Manager Alessandro Zavarise, on regards of the lemon in our typical Ceviche from Perú, he explained that some times is not easy with the suppliers to meet the needs, which is completely acceptable and understandable being in Doha, to find the unique and real Peruvian corn, was already a lot, and I know is a lot of work behind in order to get as similar as possible our recipes with real ingredients.

I liked the fact of genuine approach to talk and ask how was the meal, and have a sommelier who can guide you and sort out any doubts if you are not sure which wine is pairing better along with your meal choice.

I could feel the team work and even the Manager Alessandro is doing the clearance of plates at some point, although there was personnel, he did not hesitate to help. Mentioned this because I seen in other places, the supervisors only approach to give a general speech, they see plates to clear and still call somebody to do it walking out with empty hands, customer service and quality is not just about a position but also take a big place into play the role as a whole team, and unfortunately many, called as leaders or head department manager, don't do that in many well known restaurants here, so when I see it, I love to mention it and take the time to share my good experience.

A new restaurant is not just about charm, luxurious, or food quality but also about empathy, genuine interaction, body language, people not robots, that goes above and beyond expectations.

Definitely as I said to Alessandro, we will come back, for the mamá secret recipe of the Arroz con Leche dessert offered, I felt like eating at home for real.

If you love seafood! Try the octopus, a delicate and risky plate to cook, but here was Wow!

Lovely time

Date of visit: March 2021
COYA Doha, Marketing at COYA Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Dear Minnie,

We appreciate your lovely review, post your dining experience with us. Your wonderful feedback about your time at the restaurant means a lot. The compliments will be passed on to the team. We look forward to seeing you back again soon

COYA team.

Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

I went to the restaurant yesterday.The atmosphere& food is so good as always in Coya restaurants over the world,but i didnt like the service .
A lot of mistakes and annoying servants
I think they need to be well trained

1  Thank h_qtr
WDohaHotelResidences, Marketing at COYA Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2021

Hi h_qtr,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at COYA.

I am saddened to hear that you weren't satisfied with our service. We always strive to deliver the best service and quality to our guests.

Kindly check your private messages as I have reached out in order to further investigate this.
Thanks,

Reviewed 18 March 2021

We had an amazing dinner at Coya! Everything is just perfect - the athmosphere, the service, the food and drinks are to die for! Will definitely come back!
Best guacamole in town by far!

Hi ekaterinai258,

Thank you so much for your incredible review!

It's an absolute pleasure to see what a great dinner you had with us! I completely agree, the food, the service and the atmosphere are just the best!

We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

After a long wait Coya finally opened at W Hotel and Residences and we managed to try it at the first opening. We wanted to share the experience with you.

It was a delight from start to end and we ate so much. Perfect for sharing and discovering rich flavors.

We started with the guacamole which was very tasty and refreshing. Followed by the Churros de Papa which was delicious (for a fan of Churros). We then had a selection of Ceviches. Prego a la Trufa was our favorite.

For the mains we opted for the lamb chops and Pulpo Rostizado which was very tasty and lamb cooked to perfection.

And finally the desserts, we opted for the Churros de Naranja, Sundae de Maiz and Cheesecake de Maracuya. All delicious and quite interesting flavors in the sundae with pop corn.

We had a great evening and enjoyed the meals. Service was very good, the team's recommendations were excellent and ambiance was great. We did not wait too long for orders. We will definitely visit again.

Hi KureKam_Freddy,

Thank you so much for your amazing review!

It makes me so happy to see that you had such a lovely time at COYA! The guacamole, churros de papa, the ceviches and the pargo a la trufa are just so tasty, we totally agree!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Cheers,