All reviews imam khomeini single room golestan palace western toilet budget hotel subway station national museum clean rooms metrostation usd reception city iran
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The hotel is close to the metrostation Emam Khomeini, line 1 which will bring you to all the different parts of the city for less then 10000 rial for one way. The hotel is a bit hard to find if you are on the sidewalk at the side of the hotel.

As soon as you arrive you have to take a stairs to the first floor where the reception is located. All staff speaks Engish but not all that well. As a backpacker I find the rooms big enough, clean and with all necessaties needed.

I had asked by email if they had a single room available and what the costs would be. Yes they had and it is $ 30 per night. At arrival I asked for a single room and they showed me a double room first, then the single and another double. I am only interested in a single room because I travel alone. The price for the room is $ 40 and that is different from the price I received by email. I showed the email and the price is lowered to the $ 30 they had offered.

I take the room and the want my passport because they are obliged to. By whom? I will not give my passport but they may make a copy or photo of the document. I never give my passport to another because it is my only proof that I am Dutch and if they persist I will go to another hotel. Suddenly it is not a problem as long as I pay my room in advance. That seems okay.

The shower takes a long time to get warm but when it does, it is hot. The breakfast is between 7:00 - 10:00 and is simple as you might expect but fresh and is served in a small space on the third floor.

The hotel it self is clean and the staff is firendly and will give tips of where to find specific items, in my case books. The neighborhood is quiet noisy from 7:00 - 20:00 but at night the room I had was a quiet one. The hotel does not have a coffeebar, teabar or anything to consume other then the breakfast in the morning. They offered me a cup of tea without charge which is a nice gesture.

The Golestan palace and the bazaar are nearby and worth visiting. The neighborhoo itself has a lot of little stores who are selling more or less the same thing per street, The street where the hotel is located has a lot of stores who sell carparts.

Be aware especially after 20:00.A bikerider tried to grab my phone while I was making a call, crossing the street.

Overall the hotel is okay although I find the price somewhat expensive in comparison with similar hotels in other big cities. The location is not for all travellers and most likely for backpackers and the ones who only need a sleeping place.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank RogierQuak
samen h, General Manager at Samen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

dear Rogier
I would like to thank you for the time you spent to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel .
nothing make us happy more than our guests satisfaction in order to imorove by each and every stay
arash mehrabi
hotel manager

Reviewed 4 September 2017

After travelling around Iran we were used to meet nice people only, so it was like a bucket of cold water to arrive to Samen hotel. We didnt see/hear a single greeting or smile, the lady at the reception seemed angry that we dare to bother her. There was no warm water, but anyway after taking shower (or attempting to do so), the bathroom was drowning. Terrible location- you just have really busy street and shops with car parts around. For 60 usd you;d expect more.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Marta D

Dear Marta
I would like to thank you to spend your time to inform me about your bad experience in our hotel .so im absolutly sorry and i hope we welcoming you again in our hotel . we try the best to satisfay our guest and nothing make us happy than our guest satisfaction .
Arash Mehrabi

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Centrally located, close to bazar. Friendly staff. The room was tiny with a big bathroom, clean, but smelled of fresh painting. The room was in the back and quite. I paid 40 $ for a single room. I thomk it is a good budget solution.

4  Thank onmyway2015
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Last weeks I stayed several nights in Samen Hotel in Tehran. Good choice. The staff is absolutely very very friendly and very very helpful. Wonderful people.
Located near some of the big attractions like the Big Bazaar, Golestan Palace and some of the main museums. All on walking distance.
Two metrostations near by. Clean rooms. Free good working wifi, free breakfast.
I enjoyed staying there and kept coming back each time I was in Tehran. Recommended.

2  Thank dorien v
samen h, Guest Relations Manager at Samen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Dorien I'm so excited and thankful that you wrote a review for us here!
hospitality and friendly behavior is our duty toward visitors.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you again here.
Elmira

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I booked the room via hotel email, they respond to my email very fast and understandable. Since I am a budget traveller they offer me discount. Breakfast was awesome. There are 2 subway stations near hotel Imam khomeini station on line 1 and mellat station on line 2, this makes everythinf perfect foe a budget traveller. The location is near to golestan palace, national museum, jweleray museum and so on... Recomended

6  Thank 251elmiraa