“Terrific sushi and hospitality team”
Review of Onami

Onami
Ranked #225 of 1,846 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I love this place. First the location is conveniently located near the Azreli center and Serona market for walking. The parking at the center is ideal and stress free, I recommend parking there and walking to Serona. If you're taking a cab well then you dont care about parking. The food is artfully prepared, with amazingly good quality fish. i have not had anything on the menu that doesn't exceed my expectations. Guy, working behind the bar, is awesome. let him roll with the off menu items if he offers, you will not be disappointed. I come to Tel Aviv frequently, and after months of laborious research i have identified this as the overall winner. Go enjoy the food and love the experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I sat for dinner with a friend, and we realy enjoyed the visit. We had a fixed menu with soup for a start and sea food with noodles for the main dish. Both were very good. We got a small dessert with a lemony mousse... great.
The service was very good.
We will certainly come again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter had a crave for sushi so we had to pick one of three sushi restaurants placed in a raw in this street.
The staff was very kind.
The food was average and a bit pricey.
The sushi was a bit dry and the main dishes was over salty.
The desert was great!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Over the years, many Sushi places were opened and shut-down while Onami keeps up the highest standards of sushi and Japanese dishes. They use high quality ingredients, the service is wonderful and the food is delicious! They cater to special requirements (gluten free dishes, vegan food) and provide a large variety of food options. The only downside is the high prices.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Neta_Avivi
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Most Japanese restaurants in Israel are actually "Oriental Restaurants" which is a bit disappointing for someone, like me, who appreciates traditional Japanese food.

The trademark of those places is usually not even having Sashimi in their menu. This is not the case here.

There are 4 different options for Executive/Lunch deal and I got the best/most expensive one (about ₪100). It wasn't a lot of food (by any measure) but It was some of the best Sushi I've ever had.

There are many different choices of fish that I bet you can't find anywhere else in Israel, from Toro (Fat Tuna) to Suzuki (Sea Bass) and Hatato (Scallop). Those could be regular selections in Japan and I know they weren't so hard to find in Brazil, but in Israel they're quite unusual.

This is a fancy place. Dress accordingly (I didn't).

The staff at the sushi bar was ultra-super nice. I can tell they are also annoyed by the complexity of the menu, but they were really nice eitherway.

Date of visit: September 2017