“For the meatlovers”

Ranked #761 of 14,491 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great, big restaurant. Lovely food for everyone, even the most picky eaters. We tried the lamb, beefsteak, lamb chops, shishkebap, t-bone - everything was great, fresh and excellently prepared. Great service. Book 2 hours fo your day to enjoy it as it should be

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The worse restaurant we have ever been. We ordered shish kebab which was uncooked we complained but we did not get even a simple apology. Salads very small and mushrooms were swimming in water !!!! Very far away from the city center was described in tourist books as the oldest meet restaurant in Istanbul waiters unfriendly and impolite. AVOID AS MUCH AS YOU CAN

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

It was the worse grill plate ever......greasy plate ever.....duscusting food....i don't understand what people find good in that place. If I will give that to my customer I would not trust my self to come out from kitchen....feeling disgusting and not cheap at alll

Reviewed 25 December 2017

My parents used to take me here when I lived in Istanbul as a child. It was my absolute favorite place to go in the city. It had been over 20 years since my last visit here when we came in for lunch. I had been dreaming of this food for 2 decades! And I'm happy to say it did not disappoint. :)

We had the Gelik Pilav, Gelik Kofte, Pilic Bonfile, and Kunefe. I wish we were hungrier so we could've added more dishes to the list. Everything was delicious. Quality was great. Service was wonderful.

The only thing that was different from what I remember was the view. You used to be able to see the water from the patio as well as the inside of the restaurant. I'm sorry to say this is now blocked by bunch of buildings. But that's life. I'm glad at least the restaurant itself hasn't changed much at all. I wish our stay in Istanbul was longer so we could've gone back for more.

Pro Tip: It's a bit out of the way if you're in Istanbul without a car. You'll definitely need to take a car here. I'm not sure about public transportation. Also, if you're looking for a cheaper option, you can eat in the self-service section in the front. They have most of the same dishes there as well.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

When I come to Istanbul, I like to have dinner in this restaurant. Typically is serving meet foods and they cook in a very perfect way. You can choose your meet before ordering, this is value added. They can also recommend you, I like to have different plates to taste in same meal. Place is nice, easy to reach if you are in Atakoy.
I'll return for sure!