Hagia Sophia Hotel Istanbul Old City
US$202
US$175
US$140
US$119
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$37
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$47
  • Breakfast included
Elite World Business(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
Hotels.com
US$105
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sultan Hill(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$393
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshagia sophiaold citybasilica cisternexcellent locationblue mosquegrand bazaarstunning hotelspacious roomwithin walking distancerecommend this hotelturkeygreat roomreception staffconvenient locationhistorical sitessultanahmet areahotel is located
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We stayed for 4 nights and were well satisfied. The hotel is well appointed. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The receptionists are friendly, helpful and speak good English. The morning breakfast buffet has ample choices.
The location is excellent - within 5 minutes walking distance from the Hagia Sophia, the Basilica Cistern and a little further from the Blue Mosque and other must-see attractions at this location.
Our only problem was lack of room service. This was perhaps a temporary constraint.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers might be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on my very first trip to Istanbul with my family. The two men at the front desk were extremely rude and decided to start talking on their cell phones in the middle of checking us in. I let this go and proceeded to our room since we had a long international flight. As soon as we entered the room the first thing I noticed was the big stains on the carpet. The cabinet had broken and was patched up with a puddle of glue on it. I went to open the blinds and two moths flew up and we spent the first 15 trying to catch them so we could get them out. The window sills are covered in bird poop. The bathroom is all glass and flimsy blinds are the only way to get privacy. When we went to check out the next day the staff was rude once again and tried to charge us 60 euros to get a lift to the airport. We walked outside and a doorman of the hotel less than a block away helped us hail a cab in 30 lira! This hotel has terrible service and all they do is try and rip you off. Not a 4 star hotel by any means. Don’t waste your money here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Never trust ratings from trip advisor. They say it’s 4.5*, and here I’m with my 2 year old. No air conditioning, and when I asked they advised me to open the windows.
Outside noise, dusty carpets and sleepless night of course.
Pathetic is the only remark I have.
Definitely going to change my booking tomorrow!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Misbah A
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The hotel is located extremely close to the SultanAhmet area (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, restaurants) so it is ideal for tourists. The hotel itself is visually appealing and very beautiful. We went to the concierge to book a car to take us from the hotel to the airport and Turgay Yasar was very accomodating and gave us a very good price. We decided to check out the spa and hamam for the turkish bath experience and I was very excited to have gotten one of the last appointments at 11pm. I was greeted by Hend and she took me to my room for a body massage, given by a new employee named B. Then after my massage I started the hamam experience. First I went into the sauna, then the steam room, and then Busara took me to the room where she scrubbed me clean. Hend said I was lucky to have received Busara because she was the best and I agree. You could tell by her movements that she was experienced and thorough. I do wonder if had I gone earlier in the day would I have gotten more time in the hamam because I felt a tad bit rushed, but I did not feel like I missed anything. One downside was that because the location was so central, there was very little driving space and the street in front of the hotel is basically an unmarked one-way. Cars tend to pile up and it took us about 15-20 minutes to leave for the airport.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I visited in March with 5 other friends on a last minute deal. Due to the adverse weather conditions we were unable to do our originally planned road trip through Europe.

The hotel is within walking distance of some of the most iconic historical sites within Istanbul. You can walk to the Blue Mosque within a few minutes. The rooms within the hotel are spacious and well maintained however they are very basic. They are not designed for spending a long amount of time in and we also had the AC issue mentioned in a previous review.

The breakfast was good but was the same each day. On one of the days I asked if one of the options was going to be replenished to which the Manager responded yes. I waited for 20 minutes, it was not filled and the restaurant was closed. The Manager walked past me several times and said nothing.

I think in general some of the staff could have been more friendly (especially within the restaurant) but the gentleman on the front desk during the day was very helpful and was always happy to provide directions.

Overall we got a good offer booking last minute and the hotel is in probably one of the best locations within the Old City so I would say it was good value for money. You won’t be disappointed but you won’t be rewriting your top ten hotels either...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends