“Smoky with very loud music”
Review of Best Bar City

Best Bar City
Ranked #49 of 157 Restaurants in Dushanbe
Price range: US$20 - US$200
Reviewed 5 December 2018

The food and beer was fine, however the loud music and smoky atmosphere is off putting. I would recommend to visit in the summer when you can sit outside. Good beer at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed 7 June 2018

A friend invited us to Bundes Bar when we were in Dushanbe last summer. I have to be honest I think it would be a pretty decent spot on a regular day but I wasn’t feeling too good and the smoke, aggressively loud music and seemingly idiotic staff didn’t help my mood. The draft beer was not very good at all and I left after about an hour of incessant noise and annoying patrons. I would probably try it again when I was feeling better but smoke always makes me stay away.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank JGDynamo
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Being a non-smoker, my review might be somewhat biased. But for sure you will smell like an ashtray when you leave the place after a couple of hours.
Definitely the place is good to hang out with friends, to have a beer or two, to feel eazy-peazy and just relax with a cigarette in your hand.
Waiters are ok and try their best to serve the often quite big audience in the room. If you are lucky, you will get a place in the side-rooms, where it is a little more cozy but still smoky.
Food is ok and you will get what you expect in a bar-styled place in Dushanbe: snacks with an idea of being American or European, as well as the obligatory "Bavarian" beer.
Give it a try, it is not as bad. Just not the place for those who would like to be seen (too dark) or impress with their perfume (no chance to win against the smoke).

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Reise-Genussfreund
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This bar has good decor and the overall vibe is nice. I didn't have their draught beer but my friends did and they thought it wasn't great. There is a smaller room which is not smoky if you want to get away from the smoke. The service was good. Never had any food here. It's a good place to spend an evening in.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank NamrataBalwani
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Food Ok, but draft beer was flat and there was too much smoking; sadly a common feature around here. Could be a lot better if they sorted themselves out.

Date of visit: March 2018