“Herr”

Treasue Suite- Art
Treasure Suite Bath
Treasure Suite Sculpture
Treasure Suite Wall Art
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

simeonf60...
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Herr”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Unfortunately we only stayed for one night at 55TG's but if we could - we would have stayed longer. This boutique hotel is a very special place. Thanuj and his team are warm hearted people and we felt comfortable and welcomed from the moment that we arrived. Thanuj told us that he is a designer and you can definitely see this in the aesthetic furnishings. The fact that there are only a few rooms creates a familiar feeling. We had the pleasure to stay in the beautiful king size suite. Thanuj served us a delicious and traditonal dinner outside on the terrace and even prepared us nice take away breakfast as we had to leave very early. We can highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: May 2017
28 May 2017
Dear Guest,

It is extremely satisfying to know that you have enjoyed the home stay at 55TG's as we truly intend for our guests. We put our heart and soul in creating a true Srilankan home stay experience for our foreign and local guests who seek a peaceful getaway in the midst of this busy city.

It gives us great pleasure to hear that our guests have not only enjoyed the unique beauty of our property but also services provided, for which we thrive continuously to ensure our guests receive a personalised service as per their needs during their visit. Thank you for making 55TG's your choice in Colombo and we await to welcoming you again !

Cheers !
Thanuj & Team 55TG's
smileyshe...
australia
“Little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Fabulous little boutique hotel, I cannot rate this place highly enough.

Everything was perfection. The room is beautiful and spacious with a spa-like bathroom. Friendly and welcoming hosts and owner. Delicious and ample breakfast.

I wish I could have stayed for longer.

Date of stay: March 2017
23 Mar 2017
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again
X7274QMvi...
“Highly recommended! Homely, tranquil, artistic and charming. ”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at 55TG's for three nights and was delighted to be greeted with the artistic, light, calm and tranquil decor. The hotel is based away from busy roads, noise and pollution with mature trees, elegant furniture and wind chimes. The room was cooled prior to arrival and scented with lemongrass which added to the overall tranquility. The room contained lovely antique furnishings and very comfortable mattress and pillows. The owner Thanuj and his mother were very attentive, accommodating and helpful adding a personal touch to my stay. Thanuj is a talented interior designer with an abundance of stunning artwork which each carry their own interesting story. Madush was extremely attentive and diligent, ensuring that all of my needs were met. The food was absolutely delicious and varied, compliments to the Head Chef!I would definitely come back to 55TG's and will recommend it to my friends and colleagues when staying in Colombo.

Date of stay: March 2017
14 Mar 2017
Dear Victoria Rose,

It was pleasure to have had you stayed at 55TG's and so good to know that you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments. Would be lovely to see you again
Cheers
Thanuj
Prapti W
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“A luxuriously artistic home stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

55TG's - Angel's is simply breathtakingly beautiful! But it’s not beauty without a soul. The soul of this particular property being the owner Thanuj. Warm, friendly, extremely helpful yet completely non-intrusive. This review would be incomplete without the mention of the caretaker of the property- Madhu. Just so sweet, helpful and accommodating at all times. Both him and Anuj were up late to welcome me after my midnight flight into Colombo. Madhu was present to help me with whatever I needed- sudden dinner cravings, tuk tuks into the city, traditional Sri Lankan breakfast etc. I must also mention Anuj’s super sweet mother who made me feel so welcomed when she came to my room with some yummy home-made cake. A real treat after a long day of travelling! Adding to the homely charm of the estate are their 3-4 dogs. I’m a dog person and loved having them around.
Coming back to the actual property, the hospitality of the residents is matched by the beauty of this lovely home-stay. The rooms are exclusively and tastefuly designed by Anuj himself who is also an interior designer. Each room is different but each room has a royal, regal feel to it and your first thoughts as you enter the place are “Wow! I wouldn’t want to disturb anything in this room. It’s so picture perfect!”
I would recommend this place to everyone, anytime!
The only minor complaint I had, which really isn’t that much, was that the TV was not working throughout my stay and could not be turned on. That being said, chances are you’ll be spending the whole exploring the beauty of Sri Lanka and won’t even need it.
All in all, perfect 5 stars for this beautiful, artistic abode.

Date of stay: November 2016
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
29 Dec 2016
Wow what a wonderful comment, I even feel do I even deserve it, thank you it very sweet of you and yes we do like pampering our guest
Laura C
“A luxurious home away from home”
Reviewed 9 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Beautiful and relaxed place, very tastefully decorated with all comfort at hand. Kindest reception by the family and especially Madu who made sure nothing was missing. Loacation bit far from key locations, but easily reachable with tuk tuk or taxi.

Date of stay: December 2016
11 Dec 2016
Thank Laura, So good to know you enjoyed your stay at 55TG's Suites Colombo Sri lanka. Hope we will have pleasure of having you with us again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.