“Little piece of paradise”

Review of 55TG's - Angel's

Treasue Suite- Art
Treasure Suite Bath
Treasure Suite Sculpture
Treasure Suite Wall Art
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
smileyshe...
australia
“Little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Fabulous little boutique hotel, I cannot rate this place highly enough.

Everything was perfection. The room is beautiful and spacious with a spa-like bathroom. Friendly and welcoming hosts and owner. Delicious and ample breakfast.

I wish I could have stayed for longer.

23 Mar 2017
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again
victoria...
“Highly recommended! Homely, tranquil, artistic and charming. ”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at 55TG's for three nights and was delighted to be greeted with the artistic, light, calm and tranquil decor. The hotel is based away from busy roads, noise and pollution with mature trees, elegant furniture and wind chimes. The room was cooled prior to arrival and scented with lemongrass which added to the overall tranquility. The room contained lovely antique furnishings and very comfortable mattress and pillows. The owner Thanuj and his mother were very attentive, accommodating and helpful adding a personal touch to my stay. Thanuj is a talented interior designer with an abundance of stunning artwork which each carry their own interesting story. Madush was extremely attentive and diligent, ensuring that all of my needs were met. The food was absolutely delicious and varied, compliments to the Head Chef!I would definitely come back to 55TG's and will recommend it to my friends and colleagues when staying in Colombo.

14 Mar 2017
Dear Victoria Rose,

It was pleasure to have had you stayed at 55TG's and so good to know that you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments. Would be lovely to see you again
Cheers
Thanuj
TziganeP
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“A luxuriously artistic home stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

55TG's - Angel's is simply breathtakingly beautiful! But it’s not beauty without a soul. The soul of this particular property being the owner Thanuj. Warm, friendly, extremely helpful yet completely non-intrusive. This review would be incomplete without the mention of the caretaker of the property- Madhu. Just so sweet, helpful and accommodating at all times. Both him and Anuj were up late to welcome me after my midnight flight into Colombo. Madhu was present to help me with whatever I needed- sudden dinner cravings, tuk tuks into the city, traditional Sri Lankan breakfast etc. I must also mention Anuj’s super sweet mother who made me feel so welcomed when she came to my room with some yummy home-made cake. A real treat after a long day of travelling! Adding to the homely charm of the estate are their 3-4 dogs. I’m a dog person and loved having them around.
Coming back to the actual property, the hospitality of the residents is matched by the beauty of this lovely home-stay. The rooms are exclusively and tastefuly designed by Anuj himself who is also an interior designer. Each room is different but each room has a royal, regal feel to it and your first thoughts as you enter the place are “Wow! I wouldn’t want to disturb anything in this room. It’s so picture perfect!”
I would recommend this place to everyone, anytime!
The only minor complaint I had, which really isn’t that much, was that the TV was not working throughout my stay and could not be turned on. That being said, chances are you’ll be spending the whole exploring the beauty of Sri Lanka and won’t even need it.
All in all, perfect 5 stars for this beautiful, artistic abode.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
29 Dec 2016
Wow what a wonderful comment, I even feel do I even deserve it, thank you it very sweet of you and yes we do like pampering our guest
Laura C
“A luxurious home away from home”
Reviewed 9 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Beautiful and relaxed place, very tastefully decorated with all comfort at hand. Kindest reception by the family and especially Madu who made sure nothing was missing. Loacation bit far from key locations, but easily reachable with tuk tuk or taxi.

11 Dec 2016
Thank Laura, So good to know you enjoyed your stay at 55TG's Suites Colombo Sri lanka. Hope we will have pleasure of having you with us again.
Roe2010
Fort Myers, Florida
“Studio apartment tastefully done”
Reviewed 28 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at 55s for 4 nights at the studio, they have another one bedroom too.

The B$B option was great, Madusha does a great job, free WiFi included.

Centrally located place, hidden Jen.

29 Jun 2016
Thanks Roe, it was wonderful to have you and your daughter stay at 55TG's
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing