Bunkyard Hostels
US$79
US$177
US$153
Trip.com
Clock Inn Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
US$47
Agoda.com
US$135
US$105
Agoda.com
All reviewsinternational plugsri lankagreat social areafood recommendationscommunal spacearugam bayfantastic hostelfree breakfastnational museumclean roomsspent one night herecommon areastuk tukair conrecommend staying hereenjoyed my staycurry
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the double bunk room as a group of 3. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, good size and a good bathroom. Location is ideal in a really nice area in the centre of Colombo. Staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is great. Only comments for improvement is check in process is pretty long, check all guests passport and have a form for everyone and take a deposit for towels and key. Also better internet in the rooms would be good. I understand they want people to be sociable in the common area but some things such as making travel plans, facetime etc. it is more convenient to do in the rooms. Would stay again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a pleasant stay, the personell was very nice and co-operatief for recommendations in the City and further travel, good atmosphere, excellent breakast, quiet neighbourhoud. The breakfast is worthstaying at the hostel.

Room Tip: Shower with a view
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bunkyardhostels, General Manager at Bunkyard Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Marliesbaijer,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us. We're glad that you enjoyed our recommendations and I will let the kitchen staff know that you really enjoyed breakfast. We hope that you enjoyed travelling through Sri Lanka and we hope to see you back here in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not only was the customer service great, but the place was awesome too.

I was tired after two weeks of traveling for work and on my last end of a 5 country trip. I walked in around 10pm and was probably the knit pickiest customer earlier on earth to them, but they were really friendly. I wasn't horrible, but I just moaned about things that most people would have at worst listed as a con on a review. The staff was friendly and professional. I had a nights sleep and decided I was probably a backside hole and was wrong. I talked with the manager about her great night staff and she was the nicest lady as well.

They have a well thought out hostel. From the time you get in the place the friendly staff are their to greet you at the door. When I arrived after 10pm at night most the people staying were socialising in the downstairs courtyard. They have designed it nicely and functionally as well. Internet works great.

The kitchen and eating area is really nice as well. The breakfast was really cool. They had a few items included with the stay and a few you had to pay for. I'd take advantage of the authentic dishes they have.

I happen to stay in a mixed dorm. It was big and spacious. The toilets and showers were near by. Everywhere in the hostel was well kept and clean. It was a really cool hostile who customer service shined when I was probably not the best customer in the building.

The entire vibe of the place was really good as well. If you are trying to stay in a hostel with great breakfast, and in a great area, I'm 100% recommending this place.

Room Tip: The free wifi tends to work better in the social area....
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi 370larryj,

Thanks so much for the long and glowing review, we really do appreciate all of the kind words and i will definitely share it with the rest of the staff. Don't worry about a thing, we understand that travelling can tire people out sometimes and it happens to the best of us :). We're glad that you ended up enjoying the rest of your stay at Bunkyard and we hope to see you back here again when you finish your travels through Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bunkyard Hostel is a modern, clean and vibrant hostel- well located in a quiet and high end area of Colombo. Many parks, sites, and restaurants/cafes/shops are in walking distance or a quick Tuk Tuk ride away. Staff were hospitable and helpful in planning the next journey ahead. I stayed in the girls only hostel- for $12 (including two different fresh breakfast choices), it was excellent value for money!! It is a perfect launching pad for all your Sri Lankan adventures :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi Meghan O,
We appreciate you taking the time to write us such a lovely review :). There is quite a bit to do in Colombo and we are happy that you were able to see a lot of it from Bunkyard. We hope that you enjoyed your time around the island and we hope to see you at the end of your travels.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location and amazing helpful staff, who go out of their way to help you out. The breakfast on site is amazing, and the rooms are clean. Overall, this place has such a great vibe, definitely one of the best hostels I’ve stayed at.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi Sgs88,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review for us. Our staff work tirelessly to ensure that they are helpful for all of our guests and I will definitely pass on your kind words to the kitchen staff. We really do appreciate the high praise!