“Friendly, knowledgeable "divers family"”

Sailing Club Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Nha Trang with Vietnam's longest running PADI Five Star Dive Center - Sailing Club Divers. Dive trips to Hon Mun Marine Protected Area, Nha Trang Bay everyday throughout the year. Plus a full range of high quality PADI courses from beginner to professional.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Second time in Nha Trang, second time diving with Sailing Club.During this stay I did my advanced open water along with a couple of fun dives.

During the booking process the give short briefing how the trip will be organized, information about the dive sites and time for your questions. All of the crew members I met so far are quite knowledgeable so even if you catch a shy one - if you have questions just ask.

I dived with their equipment and except for the classes they usually set up everything. Since i felt cold more easily after diving a couple of days in the row they even gave me second wet suit. Diving groups are small, during this stay the biggest group we were four people including the divemaster or instructor.

My special thanks also go to *Number 2. The last day I signed up very last minute just showing up at the dive shop in the morning. So there was no time to prepare vegetarian food for the trip. But the captains assistant remembered, revoke his magic skills and in the middle of the ocean he shared some eggs, cheese and bread with me. (..and my apologizes for being vegan^^)

Happy diving and see you again next time.

1  Thank Mine_Julia
"professional diving"
in 5 reviews
"consecutive days"
in 4 reviews
"advanced open water course"
"mia resort"
in 7 reviews
"own pace"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I got SCUBA certified through this company and since I live in Vietnam and had the time I shopped every SCUBA company in Nha Trang. You can quit looking and save your time, they are the cheapest and you will not lose one bit of quality by saving money. However, that is only a small part of the reason you should go with Sailing Club Divers. This place is legit, period, full stop, they have exceptional professional service. The front desk attendant knows her stuff. She is honest, polite, and well organized. When I was running behind one of the days instead of cancelling my dives and telling me "too bad" (like most places would do) she called me personally to check where I was and make accommodating arrangements. Most places are not going to give you that kind of service and personal care.

My instructor was next level fantastic. I had a one-on-one experience for about 1/5 of the cost it would take to get certified in a group in the US. He was patient and very knowledgeable. When we went to the reef to do our dives I wasn't shorted on the dive length, in fact it was 100% the opposite. We went over the minimum dive time on every single dive, and I was able to take my time and enjoy the fish and wildlife after I had gone through the exercises in underwater safety to meet the PADI requirements.

The dive shops all use the same pool for the pool portion of the course, so you won't get any benefit by paying more there. The boat Sailing Club Divers uses is in very good condition. If you are lucky, Mr. Handsome (Khong) might just be on your dive and you will get the privilege of meeting one of the funniest men on the planet. There is only one reef, so paying extra cash isn't going to get you to a better dive site. Get the most for your money and book with Sailing Club Divers, you can save yourself the hassle of shopping around, but even if you do the smart people still wind up here for their dives.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We spent a couple of days doing fun dives and then did our rescue diver course with sailing club divers. The dive center is very well organized and runs smoothly. There is hardly any time you spend waiting for anything. The transfer from the harbour to the Hon Mun Island is used to get the dive kit ready. During the surface interval fruits and biscuits are served, on the way back there is lunch.
We dived with our own equipment, which they stored for us during the whole time in Nha Trang. One day we forgot our prescription masks in the guesthouse, they provided us with some of theirs.
All the staff are very friendly and helpful. They always think ahead and anticipate what you could need or look for. We enjoyed diving with them very much even though the dive sites are not spectacular. Thanks a lot to everyone at sailing club divers!

1  Thank Sibylle B
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Me and my partner spent five days diving with Sailing Club in November 2016. At first we only booked one day, but during the week we decided to book more and more. The service at this center was great and the boat trips to the dive sites, including the surface intervals, were well planned. We visited at low season and visibility under surface (down to 24m) was 5m to 10m. It is clear that fishing industry has done a lot of damage to the waters around Nha Trang. But all dives were done around a protected island were fishing was forbidden so we still saw some really beatiful fish and coral. I saw my biggest Cuttle Fish, which is one of my personal favourites :) And the guides were also good at finding and pointing out things for us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Booking with Sailing Club was simple and after meeting at their office we were whisked to the boat. It seemed like no time before we were on our way to the sites. I typically like to assemble and review my gear slowly myself but everything was all ready to go. I can understand why it needs to go like this on tourist dives and my equipment was in good working order - with the exception of the depth gauges. I am told that they are no longer used as most people use dive computers. There was a little bit of rush with our guide as we motored along underwater with little time to examine the ecosystem but it did seem like we covered considerable ground, which gave a nice flavour of the spatial diversity underwater - so we had two very nice dives. I was also very glad to see that the standard of diving at the reef was good - with no poking of animals or contact with the coral structures.
The Sailing Club team had been recommended to me by Steve of Blue Coral Divers in Hoi An. I'm very glad that I dived with both these outfits.
Blue Coral Divers were good fun and very professional.