All reviews the river air con hotel offers free breakfast rooms are clean the room was nice bed was comfortable stayed one night dong ba market laundry service hotel is great hotel is situated booked this hotel imperial city loan vietnam wifi
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel!! Lovely rooms. The staff are wonderful and friendly! They went above and beyond expectations. They even got my boyfriend a cake for this birthday. Would recommend this hotel excellent location too , right in the heart of things. Thanks again guys.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed in the DMZ for two nights, my room was actually really quite big with a balcony, great for the price. The staff were also especially helpful, especially the manager, Mr Kham.
The hotel is in a good location close to the citadel and plenty of places to eat around there too.
I would not hesitate to stay again.
Carlo

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
dmzhotelmanager, Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

Dear Carlos,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to come and stay with us, even time's too short but we had a great time with you. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again soon.

With all my best regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Staying here was the 2nd place to stop during my 7 week south east Asia tour with Tucan travel in November 2014. 1st place was golden springs hotel in Hanoi and then a junk boat overnight stay in Ha long bay. Then got the overnight train from Hanoi to Hue.

A pleasant welcome to the hotel. Lift to rooms and the room was clean smart with twin beds. Attached to the room we had a very modern bathroom, slate floors and glass panelled shower with towels provided. Mini fridge very handy to keep water cold, and coffee/tea sachets with kettle. Air con and wifi! A very happy camper I was!

Walking distance to restaurants, cafes, bars, supermarket, shops and markets.

We hired a taxi to visit local tourist attractions; UNESCO world heritage site, citadel, emperors tombs and temples along the perfume river.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
dmzhotelmanager, Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Shella and Fred,

Thank you very much for you 2nd visit at DMZ, we're so happy to see you again, as we're talking about we're waiting for your 3rd time here and we will show you some changes of Hue.

With all our best.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Booked the DMZ hotel after seeing it on Agoda and reading some positive reviews. We were only planning on staying in Hue for 2 night and basically just needed a clean place to sleep and shower. We did not get what we wanted!

First off, when we arrived the room they had for us wasn't the room I booked online. I booked a deluxe balcony room with one king size bed, and what I got was a room with no balcony, and one double size bed and one twin. When I went back downstairs to tell the receptionist she seemed confused and said there were no other rooms available and I would have to talk to the manager in the morning. After taking the bus for 6 hours from Phong Nha, all we wanted to do was relax (which was really hard to do in a yucky feeling room)

There were signs on the hallway walls that said "Please keep quiet" which was confusing because when I went down stairs there were about 6 Vietnamese men sitting in the stairwell being extremely loud, drinking beer. I didn't feel very safe leaving any valuables in the room what so ever (there wasn't a safe in our room) We went to a few other hotels to see if there was any rooms available that night because I was just so not comfortable saying there, but there weren't. Something that alarmed me was when I told another hotel worker down the street where we were staying she said that the hotel was "very Vietnamese" being in Vietnam I don't understand really what that means?? Aren't they all? But then figured out that I think those Vietnamese men in the stairwell live there...so maybe they rent rooms out to locals for cheap?? Either way. It's not somewhere to stay.

They moved us to our "deluxe" room the next day. But it still wasn't great. Could hear all of the CONSTRUCTION they were doing in the am (starting at about 7) very loud from our nicer room.

Breakfast = Awful. Eggs were undercooked and made me feel sick almost instantly. (My boyfriend was smart and skipped the eggs) They didn't have baguettes (which were on the menu) when I ordered one they didn't tell me..instead made me wait 10 mins for the bell boy to go get one from the store..then made us feel like it was our fault because we were having a late breakfast (9:30am...not that late to me)

Ugh. I could go on and on...but just take my word for it..spend a little extra and stay at either the Charming Hotel or Jasmine Hotel (we had friends staying at both, they were nice!)

Date of stay: March 2016
dmzhotelmanager, Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Ms. KELSI BROOKS,
First of all, we are sorry for replying so late. We would like to thank you very much for taking time to write such a long comment. We have read it carefully and we apologize again for all our faults you mentioned.
Indeed, the hotel was under construction which caused trouble for you. Also, the constructors had a talk for work in the stairwell. Sorry again for the noise we made. We would like to tell you that the situation is much better now. Guests can sleep quietly from now onwards as the construction is mostly completed, but you both have gone. We hope everything is fine with you and you are enjoying your time.
We hope to see you again one day and you will have a more pleasant visit. We would have priority over you. And of course, we would have the pleasure to give you a room for free in the first night if you come back to Hue and stay with us. We always have the pleasure to serve you.
Once again, on behalf of the Board of management, we would like to thank you very much for your long comments and we are sorry again for those inconveniences you experienced at our hotel.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I was skeptical, but it was clean, in a great location and the staff are attentive and eager to please. The room was small, full of snacks for a price, a small balcony, a "French bathroom" stocked with toothbrush and other personal supplies. Breakfast was good too, my husband and I ordered pho, a crepe, a fruit plate (passion fruit, banana, watermelon and mango). All made to order! Passion juice was the best. Staff are helpful in assisting what to see when only here for a night.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dmzhotelmanager, Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear Jennifer Kirby and Nathan,

Thank you very much for your staying at DMZ hotel, it was very shot time but we hope to bring you fun and happiness during lovely time in Hue. Your comment is our encourage for us to dedicate more and more for our guests.

Once, thank you very much for your stay and hope to welcome you back.

Best regards,