All reviews hot water budget hotel lovely staff free breakfast stayed here for nights rooms are clean restaurants and bars tours vietnam bathtub motorbike pickup
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Private rooms with ensuite were clean and spacious and the free breakfast was tasty! Kenny and his family were very kind (they offered us ice tea after a long day in the old city) and helped us book a one way moped trip to Hoi An. Would recommend!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Really helpful staff who help you book tours and look after your luggage until check in. Lovely room and bathroom and a good central location. Good choice for the free breakfast and it is really nice! Really recommend this hotel for any age group

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I booked my stay at the Valentine Hotel after seeing its high score and reading some very convincing reviews. I'm so glad I decided to stay here. Upon arrival I was greeted by Thai and his wife and given a cup of ice cold tea. He then helped me with my bag and showed me the room personally. I found the room very tidy. It was well lit, the AC blew ice cold air and the mattress was nice and soft. Also the wifi was FAST. He also gave me a map and circled a few destinations and made a few recommendations for pubs and places to eat.

Rather than the usual breakfast buffet the staff takes your breakfast order the night before and its made special for you when you pop downstairs in the morning. The food was delicious and the coffee was nice and strong.

The amenities were also great. My laundry service was very affordable and the bottled water in the lobby was the cheapest I saw in town, about 10,000 dong for a big bottle. I rented a motorbike for 120,000/day. There are two computers in the lobby in case you need to use the web.

If I'm ever in Hue again I'll refuse to stay anywhere else. I had a great time in this city and a lot of that had to do with having a comfortable place to rest my head at night. Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank mattdoylemason
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Perfect is impossible, but Valentine came close.

So it is appropriate this hotel uses his good name likewise. Read the reviews. Starting with the friendly, English speaking staff (all) obviously enjoying their vocation without any eager-to-please servility. They enjoy what they do.

..and they do it very well. Open and friendly without a word of the trips and tours so many others push so hard. This is a biggie for me. The advertising and marketing becomes boring after a (very) short time, so the absence does make the heart recover (pun intended)

As for the rest? Too good! Quiet, (still) close to the city centre, but in a side street away from the noise and bustle. A distinctive, restful ambience, (very) secure and the free breakfast was always a treat to look forward to. Again, read the reviews.

Actually, the key may well be in the type of clientele catered for here. (Don't) forget the free beer, karaoke, party atmosphere some seek. It is not here. So enjoy talking to like minds who are enjoying their rest from the race. Or enjoy your chosen solitude? Respect for others is the prime quality I noticed. Good listening skills, empathy and sincerity (who trains such good staff?) I suspect they are chosen by virtue of their personalities. What a great team! And I see I'm not alone in noticing this.

Yes, all this and I haven't mentioned the facility itself. Ultra-clean, spotless rooms, shower AND bath, comfortable bed, (great!) air-con, TV, fridge, Wi-Fi, AND NO NOISE!!

Since the( 2) trivial details I did notice, the management will fix, so I won't even bother mentioning them. Only a 'picky pants' like me would notice them anyway. I only wish I could give a higher score, but my reviews must remain objective. But I think you would travel far and wide to find a better hotel than this one. Even more so in the future.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Barry139
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Best hostel I've been so far. It's very affordable, like most places I've been. But this places has some real luxury relative to other hostel. Also the hostel staff is very kind and help you as much as they can. I recommend this place if you want a quiet hostel where you can rest up!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends