Indochine Palace
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
1,529 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelbig cthe general managerswimming poolluxury hotellarge hotelbreakfast buffetlovely poolcomfortable bedsvisit huehotel restaurantstayed longerphoperfume riverfruitcampbellwashbasin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Despite the fact that this colonial hotel was new, its furniture looked quite old.
However, the matress was extremely amazing... One of the best used in all the trip of Vietnam.
The food at the restaurant was really great, the breakfast very rich. It is really a five stars hotel.

The spa was a desaster!!! The welcoming, the staff, no privacy between men and women sections!!! The sauna and the steam were not working that day.
This is crazy! They have to be careful with the services.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IndochinePalaceHue, Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Namy M,

Greetings from Indochine Palace!

We extend our gratitude to you for sharing a review about your experience at Indochine Palace.

It’s our honor to have you as our guests and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

However, it is a regret to note your concern about the spa area. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. We always assure you that will look into how we can further improve our services and facilities.

Once again, we thank you for giving us an opportunity to serving you and we always look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed 3 nights with our daughter and granddaughters aged 6 and 3. Indochine Palace is an impressive, grand hotel with an air of olde worlde opulence. Bedrooms are stylish and modern, super comfortable beds, marbled bathrooms. Incredible buffet breakfast catering for every nationality. We also dined in the restaurant each evening, great choices, excellent Vietnamese food (and European, if you're feeling homesick); good value considering the hotel's 5 star rating. Fantastic service - we were made to feel extremely welcome and special by all the staff, especially Phuong (Peter) and 'My' - we all loved My, very professional and friendly and the kids thought she was adorable. Huge outdoor pool but it was cold and wet while we were there, so it just looked beautiful and deserted. Only negative was the children's playroom which was a bit sad and neglected.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear JandB_10,

Greetings from Indochine Palace!

Thank you very much for your most kind review.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Indochine Palace. I assure you that it was our pleasure to serve you to meet your expectations.

Your kind words will surely be shared to our whole team which will further inspire them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

As much as we were told how beautiful this hotel was it was not. Upon arriving it looks very grand. However to check in we had to travel up to another floor which was ok I suppose. Each time we entered the hotel it smelt old and musty. Our room was on the 9th floor. There are four lifts that service the rooms but are rather hopeless as you cannot tell which lift is arriving as the numbers are recessed so you cannot see them. On arrival to our floor we stepped out into what felt like an 'abyss' a HUGE space. Walking down a dark corridor to our room flanked by old dark ancient side boards we came to our door, again an old dark wooden door. The room was spacious however again the furniture was old, dark wood and chipped. The compendium and directory which were housed in a dark brown cover were spotted with white where the plastic had worn off. We had a lovely balcony but we could not make much use of this as all the balconies looked on to each other and you had to close the blind if you wanted to change. The bed was large and reasonably comfortable but did creak if you moved one inch! The worst aspect by far of this room was the fact that firstly the wash basin was within the space of the bedroom situated on an old dark wooden type of island bench and secondly, the toilet was accessed via a glass door which also was used as a door to the shower. When closing the door to the toilet it did not seal so that any type of smell came into the bedroom. If using the toilet during the night the only light that could be used turned on the whole bathroom area which in turn lit up the bedroom as there was no separation. I have never been in a hotel room where I felt that the toilet was actually in the bedroom...YUK!! I don't know what could be done to make this hotel better other than pulling it down and rebuilding it with a much better design but there you go. I am sorry for this bad review but it is the way it is. On a positive note the breakfast was very varied and wholesome and all the staff were very attentive.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmp26

Dear rmp26,

Greetings from Indochine Palace!

I would like to extend my appreciation for your honest feedback during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip advisor!

However, it is a regret to note your concerns everything that you mentioned . I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. We always assure you that will look into how we can further improve our services and facilities.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again at Indochine Palace.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Just finishing up a 1 night stay at the Indochine and found it to be a bit dated but adequate with great staff and good food.
While the room was a good size, the air conditioning was poor and struggled to keep the room cool. In addition the "turn down " service consisted of replacing towels but the runner on the bed and the throw pillows were left untouched on the bed, a minor thing I know.
One recommendation for the rooms is to add a pillow menu! I'm a big fan of them and find them at the majority of hotels I stay at. Needless to say the pillows weren't to my liking.
Overall I would consider the Indochine Palace should I return to Hue.
I've given the hotel a 4 because there is no 3-1/2 .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank studebjw

Dear studebjw,

Greetings from Indochine Palace!

I would like to extend my appreciation for your honest feedback during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking time to share your experience and your comments “great staff and good food” are the strong motivation and encouragement for all of us.

However, it is a regret to note your concerns about the air conditioning, the turn-down service, the pillow menu in the rooms. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay. We assure you that we are continually looking into how we can further improve our services and facilities.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback.

I hope you will give us other opportunities to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We recently stayed at Indochine Palace for 2 nights. Check-in was smooth and quick and we were escorted to our room on the 7th floor by Zoe, who was attentive and helpful throughout our stay.

Our deluxe room was poshly furnished and extremely spacious with a balcony offering a good view of the swimming pool and grounds below. Amenities were plenty and beautifully laid out. We had a very good 2 nights' sleep in the comfortable bed after all the exploring on foot in Hue. Soundproofing was excellent as I don't remember hearing any disruptive noise from the corridor.

Breakfast was served buffet style at La Brasserie and the choices were good; there's something to suit everybody's taste buds, given the hotel serves an international clientele. The restaurant staff were attentive and promptly cleared any used dishes.

For recreation, there is a large swimming pool - perfect for swimming laps. Even though it was rather cold at 21 degrees Celcius in the late afternoon, I couldn't resist and plunged in to some clear, icy cool water, which was extremely refreshing.

The hotel is conveniently located within 15 mins walking distance to the Truong Tien Bridge where one can sample local street food and snacks under the bridge, souvenir shopping, as well as enjoy a stroll along the Perfume River. The Imperial Citadel is also within walking distance, which is about 30 mins away.

It was very relaxing upon returning to the hotel after dinner, to the sound of well-curated lounge music for piano and violin being performed live at the Au Rendezvous lounge.

I do hope to return to Hue next year to complete my visit of the royal tombs, and when I do, I will definitely stay at the Indochine Palace again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
IndochinePalaceHue, Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Andy22L,

Greetings from Indochine Palace!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

We are excited to know that you were very happy during your last visit with us. It’s a delight to read that you really had a great experience at our hotel.

We are also deeply honoured on the compliments we have received from you about our helpful staff. Your kind words will surely be passed to them and to further inspire our team.

Once again, we express our gratitude for choosing our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.