Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$131
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$321
US$314
US$114
US$58
  • Pool
Sofitel Saigon Plaza(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$150
US$139
  • Pool
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$152
US$112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$125
US$113
US$169
US$90
  • Pool
Duc Vuong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$152
US$98
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$91
US$86
Priceline
1,111 results
All reviewshigh teaben thanh marketrooftop barexecutive roomstayed here for nightsother hotelsreception staffno windowwalking distanceexcellent hotelbreakfast was excellentnight marketthe location is perfectrooms are cleantourist attractionswar museumpho
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Booking experience.
Credit card hold when booking is made is not mentioned on the booking.com site. Or on the booking confirmation. This hold amount is held on top of the full price you have to pay on check in. The hold I was told will be released on check out.

Alagon is 4 hotels in one. It is not clear if the room booked is actually the one you are suppose to get. You are buried in a maze of confusion. We booked alagon saigon hotel and spa. We ended up in alagon city point hotel instead. Which is an older building. This is false advertising.

Front desk is a bit lacking in communication on check in. Check in took a while, after a 20 hour flight this is not ideal. There is also no indication on how long it will take to check in by front desk. You are left to wait.
There is also no clear explanation on vouchers provided (i.e pool and spa vouchers only apply to adults and that spa is only meant for adults)

Checkout was quick and seamless. The checkout staff was very friendly clear and efficient. The concierge was also very helpful.

Facilities
Rooftop pool and spa area is beautiful to sit and enjoy the views with a drink.
Do note that pool and spa vouchers have specific use dates and only apply to adults. Pool is not that suitable for kids. Design of pool means you cannot really swim without splashing other guest sitting close to the pool on one end. You will get told off by staff to not swim fast or have your kids on the other end of the pool.
Spa - not stated but KIDS are NOT allowed in the spa.
Sauna - Does not get hot enough to sweat.
Steam room - Good sized steam room.
Drainage in mens locker room shower is slow. You will be standing in a pool of water before long.
Gym - clean and adequate, does the job.

Room
Air conditioning is good. Room is tidy and spacious
The number of water bottles does reduce the more nights you stay. We started with a bottle a person a day and ended up with half a bottle to share between two people at the end of the stay.
Wi fi - intermittent connectivity but signal is good when you do get connectivity.
Bath/toilet - Hot water pressure intermittent. Hot water needs to run for a while before the pressure comes or it will never come, be prepared for cold showers. A bit of a waste in water use. We decided to shower in the locker rooms instead. One small bar of soap and a tiny bottle of body shampoo for a family of four. Bring your own shampoo!!!!
Lift - The lift in the wing we were staying in was very slow. At times I would rather walk down the 10 flights of steps and still get there faster than taking the lift.
Noise - Occasional workmen drilling and working on bits and pieces around the hotel. Sounds of staff working in the stairwell tend to travel into the room.

Breakfast
Delicious and they do a great job catering for a wide variety of international taste buds.

Afternoon tea
Brilliant selection, occasionally you get entertained by a talented pianist.

Impeccable service by concierge, doorman,
cleaners and waiting staff.

Overall probably a 3 star. But misleading booking process and information means I will have to rate this hotel a 1 star so others will view this review and know what to expect.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 875denisn
Alagon Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear 875denisn,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experiences at the Alagon Saigon Hotel. I was distressed to hear of your recent experience and to learn about some of the shortcomings you had while interacting with our service.

First of all, on behalf of the team please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience we may have caused you. Indeed, the situation described is not in line with our quality and brand standards. At the Alagon Saigon hotel, we endeavor to create memorable experiences for all our guests by attempting to provide the best service and I was dismayed to hear that this was not the case for you. This situation has filled us with regret and I sympathize with your frustration and disappointment.

At Alagon hotel, customer satisfaction is something that we take very seriously and would never compromise under any circumstances. Unfortunately, sometimes unavoidable mistakes happen. I am not asking that you will forget all this and return, but what I really wish you to know is that after your incident, we all took a very detailed review to our service so that we will never make the same mistake. Necessary actions have been made and involved team members have been communicated to.

Once again, I am sorry for all that happened. If possible, I would like to speak with you more in regards to your experiences. Your feedback is essential to our continual growth and improvement on service.

If you could kindly reach out to me by email at missha.tran@alagonhotels.com I would appreciate it. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We loved our stay here and would recommend it. The staff was really friendly and helpful. There's a great breakfast on the first floor, which we ate every day, and also a nice rooftop with pool, gym and places to relax. The location can't be beat, a five minute walk from the heart of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing the street if views are important to you
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeff k
Alagon Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear jeff k,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us at Alagon Saigon hotel. I am delighted to see that you liked the hotel and our service to impeccable as we do pride ourselves on delivering a memorable guest experience along with friendly and courteous service. Once again, thank you for your time and I do hope you have another opportunity soon to come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

we stayed in a large, clean and comfortable room; we had a great package with daily massage included + breakfast + tea time snack; great location close to the city center and main tourist attractions; very welcoming staff

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear mattiaab,

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel not knowing what to expect. I spent two nights here passing through on my way back to the US. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and staff. From check in to check out, a great value! I arranged a car from the airport to the hotel, for $25 USD I was thankful after being trapped in immigration for 2 hours that there was someone waiting there for me! Definitely a great location. The free massage is a bit misleading as it was in an open room, but I was able to upgrade to 90 minutes in a private room easily. I also used the salon underneath, another special find as I was able to get a shampoo and style relatively inexpensive (by US standards). Overall, couldn't have been more pleased with my experience! My car ride back to the airport was also pleasant. What a great staff all around!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Alagon Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Evangelia P,

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Alagon for two nights, the breakfast and afternoon tea were amazing. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were very clean and matched the photos. We used the roof top pool and the kids enjoyed themselves, I would recommend staying here to anyone with a family. We had a late flight and the front desk let us leave our bags in reception while we continued sight seeing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family