1,950 results
All reviews crystal jade river view executive floor lobby lounge high tea business trip excellent hotel star hotel great pool buffet breakfast few minutes walk rooms are spacious main attractions opera house late check stayed here for nights pho
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stayed at the hotel for business for 4 days. The location is great, right by the river and within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and near the business district. The lobby is quite nice looking with high ceiling and a nice lounge. The staff is the best part of the hotel, very polite, friendly and quick to respond - when I called for ice and an iron, both were brought up within 5 minutes. Had breakfast at the the hotel as well, the selection was quite good. My only complaint is when I went upstairs - I was on the 7th floor, when I got off the elevator I immediately noticed a musty, moldy odor, which was there throughout the stay. I guess it is difficult to keep the hallways dry given the humidity, but still in a 4 or 5 star hotel this is not normal. Also, the rooms were nice but look somewhat dated - seems like they have renovated the lobby, but have not spent as much on renovating the rooms. I had a view of the river, would suggest getting a river view room but get a high floor as the street in front of the hotel is a major road which as cars (and honking) from morning to late. Didn't mind but some people might.

Room Tip: River view room recommended
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff M
Lotte-Legend-Hotel, Front Office Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for your very constructive feedback to Lotte Legend Hotel!

We are glad to have you here and you got a great service which provided by our team, that's what we most wish for. Thanks for your compliment about our breakfast.

We are so sorry to hear that the hallway on 7th floor didn't have fresh air. This issue was raised to our Chief Engineering right after having your feedback. It's solved now with a fresh air and good smell. We are pleased to share that we have planned for a room renovation and hopefully we can start it soon next year so we can have a best quality room for our guest.

Once again, thank you for your comment on tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to show our better service. And we apologize for the unpleasant thing happened during your stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I visited this hotel for a couple of times in 2013 and got a chance to come back last August. Despite a number of newly opened hotels in Ho Chi Minh city, I chose to go here for its wonderful location and food. The hotel is literally located at the very center of the city, only a few minute walk from all the main attractions in District 1. Being by the river, it feels really nice to walk around the hotel area at night time. The food served at their buffet on the 1st floor is one of my favorites in town! Wide range of choices and everything is really fresh. Last but not least, the staff service is exceptional as they are always ready to help out and pay attention to my request.

Room Tip: river view room on upper floors
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Traveler O
Lotte-Legend-Hotel, Front Office Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Traveler O,

Thank you for your stay at Lotte Legend Hotel.

We are so glad to have you as a Loyalty Guest and always choosing Lotte Legend Hotel when you come to Saigon. It's nice to know our location met your expectation which was convenient for your daily activities such as dining, meeting and site seeing...Also thank you for your recognition on our excellent team's service, they are absolutely happy to hear about this, i am very proud to have them and i love the way they do for the guests.

I wish that your travel plan will bring you back Saigon soon and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Thanks to my friend’s introduction and Tripadvisor, I heard about Lotte Legend Hotel. Upon these good reviews, I chose this hotel to stay with my Dad during the last Hochiminh City trip.
Due to many negative feedbacks upon the river view’ noise, I picked the city view room which was quiet enough and the wifi worked well. However, the furnitures seemed old and not compatible with a 5 stars’ standard. Besides, the shower was so strong that it hurts. You should be careful. If I need any information assistance, your staffs were really helpful but a few times I had difficulties understanding them because of their English.
Executive lounge was the plus. Despite the cost for the executive room, my father and I had a pleasant time with complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks, tea and coffee in the executive lounge throughout the day as well as free high tea, a free happy hour with savoury, free breakfast and a nice view. The staffs were professional. I would like to thank Ms Khanh for the time she dedicatedly did an Internet research on casinos for my father. However, if she had used her phone less I would have been happier. She constantly used her phone and I did not like it. I also want to thank Mikey, the humorous guy, who always knew what to serve us and told us interesting stories about Saigon. He took very good care of my father who struggles with walking. The hotel is really lucky to have such employees.
I stayed at the hotel for two nights only but it was worth it. I just found it irritating when it comes to the staffs’ English and the furnishing was not as expected. I would definitely come back to your hotel if I come back to Vietnam one day.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank RichardPSAU
Lotte-Legend-Hotel, Front Office Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Richard,

Good morning from Saigon!

I believe that you just had a good time with your dad at Lotte Legend Hotel. I am so glad to see that everything seemed going well when you were here. It's nice to hear that you had a quiet room and the wifi worked well. We are planning for room renovation to have a nicer room in the near future and hopefully we can show you our new product very soon next year.

Thank you for your recognition on Khanh and Mickey's hospitality, i am also disappointed to hear that our associate used cell phone during the working time, this is totally inappropriate and could never happen again. I apologize for this and i will remind everyone to ensure that they better focus on their work. I also shared them about your comment on their English speaking skill, it must have some changes and improvements on this matter.

Thank you again for your compliment and how nice to hear that you would consider our hotel for next returning trip. Let us have another opportunity to show you our improvement. Please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can offer the best price for you.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Wow this hotel is amazing from the facilities to staff. As you enter, lobby is stunning and so are the people greeting you. The reception staff are super friendly and quick.
We had a tiny medical emergency and "My" from staff took it upon herself to escort us to the nearest medical center quickly. The hotel even took there own vehicle there.
Food is amazing and the rooms are just fantastic. Cannot fault it anywhere.

This is a must stay in hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank lfrequentlyflyingl
Lotte-Legend-Hotel, Front Office Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear lfrequentlyflyingl,

Good morning from Saigon!

I believe that you just had a wonderful stay at Lotte Legend Hotel. How nice to know that our team delivered excellent service during your stay. Thank you for your recognition on Ms My's hospitality. She always has great feedback about her service from our guests.

We are also glad to learn that you enjoyed the food and the room. Thank you again for sharing your great feedback on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Our family stayed at the Lotte Legend in July of 2016. The hotel was excellent overall, convenient to all of District 1, buffet means for breakfast were wonderful. The Sunday brunch was tremendous in variety as well as the quality of the food offered. The pool area was welcoming for our family. Live piano and violin music in the lobby in the evenings was always nice to listen to. But what stands out the most from our stay is the incredibly attentive, warm personal service of the hotel staff. We reserved and stayed in rooms on the Club Level, which I would highly recommend. The Club Lounge was a haven in the hustle and bustle city that is Ho Chi Minh City. A special recognition must be given to Andy who assisted us from before we ever checked, and throughout our stay. He took a personal interest in our entire group and made us feel less like guests in a hotel and more like treasured friends visiting his home.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Anthony D
Lotte-Legend-Hotel, Front Office Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Anthony D,

Thank you for rating Lotte Legend Hotel on Tripadvisor!

It's just great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our team just wish that our guest always impresses by the service and you did. Thank you for your compliment of food and service, especially thanks for your recognition to our Guest Relations Manager - Andy, he always went extra miles on his service.

Everything seemed going well during your stay and met your expectation, we are very glad to hear about this. We hope your travel plan will bring you back to Lotte Legend soon and we look forward to deliver another excellent stay to you.