“Quick response, professional!”

Yellow Submarine Divers
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I was researching my trip to Phuket and emailed a bunch of dive shops. I work in a fast-pace environment in New York City and I absolutely cannot stand when people take more than half a day to get back to me. Of all the shops I emailed with a list of bulleted questions, Yellow submarine was the ONLY one who got back to me within a day and have addressed ALL my questions!! Of course, I had more questions after that, and they were very patient in addressing them all :) I was picky on days and sites I would be diving at, so I eventually did not dive with them but I stopped by at their shop and introduced myself! David was very enthusiastic in telling me about the dive master program! (I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a girl~) I recently just called them on the phone to clarify a few things about the program coz the PADI website wasn't all that clear (note to PADI, you need to improve that flowchart) and I think I'm going to choose them for the rescue diver program. We will see!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Me and My Girlfriend often decide on last minute dives and the evening before, we went to Chalong pier, as we often do, to see who could offer us what... You can't miss the Bright yellow building tucked down the side road and you can't fault the service they delivered! We hired a couple of items that we didn't have with no problems and the schedule for the next days diving sounded great. Rarely do things go entirely to plan in Thailand, but this trip was executed perfectly. Speed boat to Racha Yai, transfer onto a live-aboard for the day and two excellent dives. Lunch was great and we got to spend a bit of time on this paradise island between dives. Followed by a swift speedboat transfer back. The dive sites were great and though we didn't use guides or instructors, we overheard their briefings and thought them very comprehensive and everyone was smiling by the end of the day.

Of all the dive shops i've used on the island, this is the only one i've wanted to actually write about.

Thanks guys, we'll be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

My 11 yr old son and I did 5 dives with Yellow Submarine Divers over 2 days. Before signing up with them, I visited their shop in Chalong Bay and met Jon Roberts. He was very amiable and professional and gave me the confidence that these guys knew their stuff. The first 2 dives were with David Brooks and as we had not dived for 6 months, he took extra care to ensure that we went through the necessary protocols. This helped boost our own confidence and ensured that we could enjoy the dives. The next three dives were with Chris Robinson and again, he was professional and engaging. These 3 guys combined have done thousands of dives in their lives, in many parts of the world, but they showed the right level of professionalism and patience to ensure that my son and I could continue to develop our own skills.

Thanks guys. I hope to see you next time we are in Phuket and I hope that other readers will call when they see this review.

1  Thank thesilverspoon
Reviewed 10 January 2011

It was my first time to visit Phuket and the first time to dive in my life! I was a bit nervous about diving at first, but David was very good at taking away my fear and giving me confidence. I really enjoyed diving and looking at all the beautiful sea life in Phuket. It was just an amazing experience. They also gave us some useful advice on the other attractions in Phuket, and they were very helpful with getting information. They also took us to a snorkeling trip, and I would definitely recommend them if you're interested in all sorts of water activities.