“Very good dive shop with great instructors”

Yellow Submarine Divers
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I did two specialty courses and several fun dives with Yellow submarine divers and had a great time. They helped me find accommodation, orient myself and warmly welcomed me. I enjoyed both the personal contact with the staff and the very professional way of teaching. I got more than I had hoped for, the courses and various tips along the way made me a much better diver. I felt secure and positively challenged at the same time, and that's what diving is all about :) Thank you so much, guys, we'll be in touch!

2  Thank Annana2011

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Group of three of us looked around enquiring at different dive schools for the best snorkelling package. Decided to choose YSD because they were helpful and friendly!

Day started early and although being initially told the journey to phi phi would be an hour or so, this turned out to be 2 hrs & 45 mins! Didn't bother us much as there was unlimited supply of drinks including coke, sprite, water, tea and coffee. Breakfast (we had tuna toasted sandwiched) was provided and lovely, so was the surprisingly delicious lunch!

Staff on board were all professional and friendly.. We felt safe at all times although we were only snorkelling! The snorkelling equipment YSD provided is probably the best I've ever used - clean and undamaged which equated to a great snorkelling experience along with the great visibility and fish life we did see!

Although our group agreed that it wasn't the cheapest snorkelling trip, it was well worth it.

Would return & will be recommending.

1  Thank Mango_juice89
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Thank for very friendly/active/convenience/alert diver at Yellow submarine divers.
I gave yellow submarine divers very short notice for accompany me installing a wave measuring device.
It is completely work!. Mr. Graharn of Yellow Submarine Divers sort out everything for me.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

A spent a bit of time researching dive operators for a relatively short stay in Phuket. I had several constraints and emailed several operators with questions to see who could best meet my needs.

Graham, of YSD, answered all of my questions, and put together two dives of diving that greatly exceeded my expectations. I only had two days to dive, and I wanted three dives a day, and I wanted to go to Phi Phi. Graham made it work, and I got everything I wanted and more.

Next time I am in Phuket, I will definitely dive with YSD, and hopefully Graham - I know that I will have great dives. If you go, definitely contact them.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I was researching my trip to Phuket and emailed a bunch of dive shops. I work in a fast-pace environment in New York City and I absolutely cannot stand when people take more than half a day to get back to me. Of all the shops I emailed with a list of bulleted questions, Yellow submarine was the ONLY one who got back to me within a day and have addressed ALL my questions!! Of course, I had more questions after that, and they were very patient in addressing them all :) I was picky on days and sites I would be diving at, so I eventually did not dive with them but I stopped by at their shop and introduced myself! David was very enthusiastic in telling me about the dive master program! (I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a girl~) I recently just called them on the phone to clarify a few things about the program coz the PADI website wasn't all that clear (note to PADI, you need to improve that flowchart) and I think I'm going to choose them for the rescue diver program. We will see!