1,919 results
All reviews garden cafe elephant bar terrace suite walking street royal garden plaza shopping mall beach road swim up bar the club lounge swimming pool great pool breakfast buffet central location sea view night life marriott kat
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed at the Avani pattaya for 12 nights end of August 2017. We previously stayed at the Dhusit, The Amari and the Interncontinental.
COMPARING AVANI TO OTHER TOP PATTAYA HOTELS
Overall this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Great staff, big pool, perfect location close to Walking Street and rooms are very roomy and the gardens fairly big for a central location. There are only 3 floors that can see the ocean but the hotel is set back behind Beach Road so its not as good as Dhusit or Intercontinental if you want sea views.
The Intercontinental Hotel is more of a resort hotel with bigger better pools and an amazing sea view and direct ocean views and you can swim in the sea. Downside is this hotel is miles away from the centre and you have to get their mini bus and taxis struggle to find the hotel. On a weekend it can take 45 mins in bad traffic to get into town instead of 2 minutes on foot from the Avani. That distance alone put us off staying in this hotel again.
We looked at Siam Beach and went to visit it but the sewage of waste running right through the hotel right next to the pool has an unbearable smell. I don’t know how they can keep the hotel open to be honest unless you have no sense of smell. Check before you book there as it’s a long term project.
Amari Gardens sadly has been knocked down and all that’s left is the Ocean Tower which doesn’t look across the Ocean directly and its in a tower block. That was a superb hotel.
The Dhusit is one of the best hotels too but I got really sick in that hotel from the free “mineral” water they give out by the pool so wouldn’t want to go back there in a hurry and it’s a long walk to walking street albeit in Tuk Tuk reach
AVANI GOOD BITS
The Avani has the perfect location for Walking Street and facilities are as good. This hotel used to be the Marriot and has simply changed its name and own branded itself as part of a chain.
Try and get an Avani Plus room. Free mini bar saves you a fortune for waters including Evian, Change and Heiniken beers plus pepsi, 7Up and more!
Staff are really friendly with a large pool in a perfect location.
Dicey’s bar is good and the manager cant do enough to help you.
VERY MINOR ISSUES AT AVANI
As mentioned this hotel is excellent so im really picking at straws here with some of points below.
Although it’s a 5 star take your own soap shampoo etc as their Soak brand only has enough for half a shower a day. The Avani Plus rooms don’t have a bath and they are wet rooms so prepared to get your feet wet day and night as the showers leaks EVERYWHERE so you get wet feet when going to toilet or sink. We mentioned this on day one but nothing was fixed.
The whole hotel has uneven steps everywhere so the last step is double the first step so if you are elderly you might want to watch that. Even getting into the pool I saw many people fall over getting in and out of the pool. It got me every time i got in or out the pool as all exits to pool are same
There is a rope across the middle of the pool which effectively cuts the large pool in two which is a real shame as it stops you having a good swim.
Hotel woke us up at 9.30 first day on the first morning to ask for feedback (we only checked in late the night before so had just slept after a 24 hr journey) and again 2nd day when told 1st day we were sleeping. Anyone travelling from europe you should let them know not to call in am when you checking in if you don’t want to be disturbed,.
The pool has deep end but its a waste of time as they don’t allow diving or jumping in pool anyway and that’s the reason they cut the pool in two and stop you swimming the whole length of the pool.
There is also a smell by the pool nearby the hotel “swamp” which we noticed on a few days. We had to move sunbeds twice.
There is a slide into the pool but beware when sliding if you are an adult as its not deep enough.
Its quite dark around the hotel grounds and inside the pool toilets lighting is very low so you cant see the steps at all as you exit the toilets – nearly fell a couple of times.
OVERALL – probably the best hotel in Pattaya right now in terms of value for money and location and overall quality. We would go back to this hotel.

Room tip: Get the Avani Plus Package with free mini bar
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Oliver W
somsak_ta, General Manager at Avani Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Mr.Oliver W,

Thank you very much for your great review via TripAdvisor, we are very pleased to learn from you that you impressed our “Sleep Quality, Room condition, Team member services and also other hotel facilities”. It is true that the location of the hotel is very easy to access, you can reach the tourist attractions within walking distance and it helps you a lot during the congested traffic during the weekends. For the bathroom amenities, we have noted down your request and will put it 2 sets to make sure you have it enough for a day and for the wet floor, we will be implementing the door seal at the door edge to stop the leaking from the main room. The whole team will pay more attention on every guest’s request and make sure that we resolve all challenges in a timely manner.

Mr.Oliver W, thank you for choosing to stay with us. The entire team and I, are always at your service and very much look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The hotel had great service overall. The hotel staff was friendly and ready to help if you needed anything. Want to give a special shout out to the hotel bar. The bartenders were a lot of fun. I would highly recommend people to check it out.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Somsak T, General Manager at Avani Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear wenjin321,

Thank you for staying with us here in Pattaya and also for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Pleased to read you found our service great and our team members friendly. Thank you also for complimenting our Elephant Bar. Please make sure you check out our new cocktail list next time you come by!

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The avani pattaya is located in the heart of the city and best access to the city
The rooms of the resort are spacious and the bathroom are also good
The swimming pool was excellent because the depth that no resort had in my life
The access from each road was good
The staff was cooperative and nice
There are too much Indian restaurant near by so the is no need to look about Indian food
All in all a best city resort

Trip type: Travelled with family
Somsak T, General Manager at Avani Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Ankur G,

Thank you for staying with us here in Pattaya and also for taking the time to share your comments here on TripAdvisor.

Pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, swimming pool, team members and our guest rooms.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Avani Pattaya host a friendly staff and maid. Close to Royal Garden Plaza and walk through the beach. Beautiful street and sunset at the beach front. Stunning view of Pattaya ocean with boats.

The main building has 10th floor. Breakfast is served on the ground floor, as well as the swimming pool. We appreciate the cozy bed and room.

Be a bit careful when stepping in and out of the bath tub with shower. It is sometime slippery.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Companion631261
Somsak T, General Manager at Avani Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your fabulous 5*star review and for sharing your great experience, during your recent stay. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and had a fabulous experience at our peaceful Resort. We were delighted too, you were really impressed with our product, hotel facilities, the friendliness of our Team and our perfect location, which is indeed connected directly to the Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Mall, as it’s a unique addition that other hotels can’t offer and our guests find very convenient and beneficial. As well as having the beach and Walking Street on our doorstep. All our beds and bedding are brand new and of the highest quality, as a good night’s sleep is very high on our importance chart, so thanks for recognizing this. Thank you again for relaying all this.

The entire team and I, are always at your service and very much looking forward to warmly welcoming you, as a couple, back again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed here during a short weekend trip to Pattaya. Unfortunately, that meant I didn't have an awful lot of time to explore the premises and all of the services offered.
The location is excellent, right next to the Royal Garden Plaza, a large mall with ample dining and shopping opportunities, and also right along beach road and only a stone's throw from walking street.
Upon my arrival, I enjoyed the open style of the lobby, which doesn't seem to have any doors, neither at the main entrance nor at the back entrance by the garden. The bell boys were very quick to help with my luggage.
Check-in was quick and efficient.
I booked a garden view room and I got a spacious and quiet room at the end of a corridor. The room had a very large balcony. I thought my room was very clean and there weren't any complaints from my side what soever. The TV was sufficiently big and the picture was clear with a good choice of international programming. I enjoyed that the hotel provided Chang brand drinking water in glas bottles, rather than cheap drinking water in plastic bottles.
I was only a bit surprised about the speed of the house keeping. On Saturday I left my room at around noon and called the housekeeping to let them know I was leaving (as they had knocked on my door earlier). When I came back at around 4pm my room still wasn't made up. I called a 2nd time and when I got back after dinner, the room was made up.
The bathroom was a bit small and the shower is in the bathtub, rather than being separate from it. When taking a shower, it is unavoidable to have water running over the edge of the bathtub, but the water is channeled to a separate drain, thereby avoiding the entire bathroom to be flooded when taking a shower.
During the night from Saturday to Sunday, a drunk hotel guest who was locked out of his room was making a racket at around 3am. After calling the front desk, they sent security up but they weren't able to sort out the issue all that quickly. Also, the security stood in front of my room for some time and I could hear him use his radio, which didn't help me sleep either.
Breakfast is wonderful, with a wide choice of Western and Thai dishes, fresh juices and salads, and a selection of delicious vegetarian meals as well. The staff in the breakfast room is the most attentive and friendly I have ever met at any hotel anywhere.
The grounds are beautiful and it is so relaxing to stroll around the peaceful garden away from the busy beach road, which is accessible through a small passage at the back of the garden. The pool looks like its a lot of fun and you can even sit at the bar while in the pool, but I didn't have a chance to give it a try.
Finally, I would like to extend my gratitude to the following staff who made my stay particularly enjoyable:
Nok, from the front desk, who handled my check-in. She was quick, professional and took care of my special requests without any complaint. She also helped me take care of parking.
First, also from the front desk staff, who showed me around the beautiful grounds.
Finally, Ae from the bar area by the pool, who was always smiling and just a genuinely pleasant person to be around.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank xanthene
Somsak T, General Manager at Avani Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear xanthene,

Thank you very much for your fantastic, detailed 5*star review. It was such a pleasure having you stay with us. We were delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your overall stay and that you found our excellent location, open style lobby, quick; efficient check-in service, quiet; spacious room, large balcony, big TV, swimming pool with swim-up bar and beautiful grounds for relaxing in, all to your liking. Moreover, our wonderful breakfast spread with a wide variety of western and Thai dishes, including fresh fruit juices, salads and vegetarian meals, and our professional, friendly, polite, smiling, helpful and attentive Team Members, all met, or exceeded, your expectations. We are extremely pleased when our staff get mentioned, so we thank you kindly for bringing to our attention, all those that were able to enhance the quality of your stay. We are very proud of their friendliness and their ability to exude Thai hospitality, genuinely and consistently. We do our best to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible when they’re away from home, and we’re very happy to see that our efforts have been rewarded, as reflected in your outstanding feedback. Thank you.

With regards to the negative issues that you encountered, such as, the room make-up service of the housekeeping, external noise and the bathroom, we have shared these with our relevant Department Heads. Thank you so much. Please rest assured, we’ll continue improving, particularly in areas that concern guest satisfaction. Regarding your bathroom issue, I am pleased to inform though, that we’ve just opened a new room category: AVANI Garden Plus, where we can offer fully enclosed standing showers, with no bathtub and a different configuration of the bathroom. It might be worth thinking about for your next stay? We also have our AVANI Terrace Junior Suites, where the bathrooms are designed with a huge separate bathtub and fully enclosed, separate standing shower and which are, extremely spacious indeed. We’re sure these would enhance any subsequent trips for you. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused this time around though. All your valuable feedback will help us to improve going forward. Thank you again for bringing transparency to these concerns and hope they didn’t affect your stay as a whole.

xanthene, thank you once again for sharing all your valuable feedback!