All reviews chinese influence willow trees garden room complimentary afternoon tea beautiful design beautiful hotel across the river the general manager fried rice welcome drink no elevator easy access two nights within walking distance visiting chiang mai short walk old city
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This is my first time in Thailand and my brother recommended this hotel when I am in Chiang Mai, so I took his advice and stayed for 2 nights in the standard room.

First impression were very favorable, the layout of the hotel was very good and airy, the deco was very Chinese influence.

My room was more than I expected, however, as I was traveling with two suitcases, there was a lack of wardrobe space. The hotel provided complimentary tea, coffee, drinking water and fruit drinks but in order to boil the water the plug locations are quite awkward to reach unless you are strong enough to move the cabinet, in the end I have to boil the water under the desk. Oh, I forgot to mention the welcome drink which was well simple but very tasteful. The room includes an afternoon tea which is a must especially "Taiwanese Toast".

The breakfast was a mixture of local and European selection which was very thoughtful for the guests to try a different thing. This was served with the utmost professionalism. The manager and his staffs were most helpful whenever you needed something. They would do their best to match your needs.

On the last night of my stay, I had dinner at the hotel which was very appetizing and the staffs were very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive, I was having trouble with mosquitoes so she quickly brought me a mosquitoes repellent and I was quite surprised at the price of my dinner which was very reasonable.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel and would come back if I had a chance. Thank you for a very warm welcome and the pleasant stay.

Room tip: Top floor room with balcony
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Couldn't really fault anything. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Even when we reported a problem with the water they got it sorted and called us to check that all was ok. Ate in their restaurant on the first evening and the food was excellent. Would stay again if we visit Chaing Mai.

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank 38JulieG
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I'd give this hotel six stars if I could. But I also worry that its growing popularity might lead to price increases. :/ This isn't the most affordable place in town, but it's also still within the reach of the artist crowd the hotel is named to attract, and I hope it stays that way.

It is absolutely lovely and serene. The decor is incredible, the staff are very kind and helpful. I traveled solo and felt like the night watchman was always happy to know I was back in for the night. The breakfast is fantastic. Sometimes they offer a la carte instead of a buffet, I suppose this is when the hotel is less full. It would be helpful for them to advise guests of this so that people on a schedule can adjust accordingly.

I stayed in the Willow garden room and it was beautiful. I was worried it could be a bit small judging from the photos, but that was not the case. I found that the water in the shower didn't get super hot in my room, but I changed rooms to be able to shower before my return flights to the USA, and water was plenty hot in the main building.

Mosquitos were a bit of a problem in my garden room, but the atmosphere of the place made the battle worth it. The Ping holds a special place in my heart and I hope to be back soon.

The hotel is away from the main center, which appeals to me. The neighborhood is hip and modern, and the Ping fits right in.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2018

First time at this cute little hotel on the bank of the Ping river within easy walking distance of markets and restaurants. Peaceful garden with willow trees giving the terrace some shade and and a perfect location for sundowners, dining and just chilling. Rooms are very comfortable with boutique French meets Thai decoration and imaginative lighting. Pleasant staff and great coffee with a range Thai and European food served. Swimming pool good for pre-aperitif dip and happy hour from 5-7pm. Great value.

Room tip: First or second floor river facing are best
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I just loved this boutique hotel, which located on the river ping on one side and the most trendy hipsters road on the other.the road is filled with art galleries, tea houses, bars and restaurants.it also not far from the old town center (tourist area). The staff is very attentive and professional. I will definitely coming back next year with my family.

Date of stay: February 2018