Lol.travel
Agoda.com
Easy and fast booking
ash
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Great location at a cheap price
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2016via mobile
I was pleasantly surprised that for such a cheap rate the rooms were good. Clean and basic however it was just a place to sleep at night. The rooms only have fans so for someone who is needing air con this place is not for you. Also a down side was that you need to pay for towels and extra sheets 15-20 baht each (the room comes with a fitted sheet and a light blanket). This guest house is in great location to the night bazaar and restaurants are only a few minutes walk away.
Date of stay: March 2016Trip type: Travelled with friends
    $33
    $54
2.6 km from Sarah Guest House
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Initially I booked one night at Sarah Guesthouse due to the mix reviews. After arriving I booked two extra nights. The location is great, just a few minute walk from the night market(Saturday and Sunday night market) and close to a busy street (Loi Kroh) which even though at night it's filled with "lady friends" there are also some bars to get food and coffee places to get breakfast in the morning.

The rooms are basic but have everything you need and are clean. A sheet, comforter and towel are provided. I found no stains or strange smells on the sheets or in the room which is always a plus. Soap and toilette paper are also provided. The beds and pillows are comfortable to sleep on (note that I like somewhat stiff beds). The bathroom was clean and the drain worked well after taking a shower. even though the bathroom is a wet room (shower and toilette in the same space), the shower and sink won't get wet if you aim well the shower head. Overall I had a good experience and a good price (varies from 9-12 dollars a night).

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I was staying in Chiang Mai to visit the city and was looking for something clean, in a good location and at a very good price.
Sarah guest house is just that.
Bedroom are good enough space, the Bathroom is a wet room which is fine and anyway you don't spend much time in it.
I got the taxi to call the guest house to get the location.
As the location, 7 mins walk to the night market, massage places close by, restaurant and coffee shops too. And a 10mins walking distance to the old town.
Overall very happy with my stay there, i would recommend the place to friends.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Close to night market and gate/square to old town and temples. Walking distance. Easy to get around. Quiet area. My room was spacious, big bed & comfortable, clean. AC & fan in my room. Hot water available. Only for 420 bath/night which great value for money. Good for backpackers. A common area downstairs with breakfast/coffee/juices available. Laundry area just 15 sec walk from guesthouse. I had a room downstairs and can easily hear people walking by and talking. But it was quiet at night. Sarah was very helpful answering questions to help me organize my trip (pointers).
Enjoy :)

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Price for this place is greate! The guesthous is perfect for "backpackers" kind of tourists. Room was spacious with your own bathroom. If you want clean towels and bed sheets you need to pay extra (something like 15 baht per piece). My room wasn't super clean but there was everything I needed.
In the common space there's a possibility to order a breakfast. Additionaly you can find there many facultative trips brochures. I went on a trekking trip (two days one night). It was cheaper comparing to other offers in the city. WiFi signal was't so good in my room.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015

for the same price I think one can find better accommodation as our room was a bit small for two, the aircondition didn't stop leaking water everytime we swith it on, dirthy and flooding bathroom after showering and very hard beds. wifi only can be reached in the dinning area (outside) and in darkness as there will be no switched on bulbs. one other hand, it is in a central area.

Date of stay: July 2015