Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Letitia M
Wellington, New Zealand
Comfortable stay
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jul 2019via mobile
Hotel is very central to bars, restaurants and old town no need to get tuk tuk. We had a deluxe double room on the 4th floor the room was spacious and very clean the only downside was one small window so not a lot of light in the room. The pool was on the other side of the road had a couple of swims but could definitely do with an upgrade along with the loungers. Breakfast was ok western and Thai options. Excellent service from reception to room attendant staff.
Date of stay: July 2019Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    $43
2.7 km from Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
1,485 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019

My first room had a broken mattress. If I hadn’t changed room, I would probably hurt my back. My second room had broken air conditioning. The third room, though, was just as good as I remember from previous visits.

I’ve stayed in Raming Lodge 4-5 times, and I’m usually happy, but I think it’s pretty bad that they they didn’t see that the mattress in one of the rooms they gave me, was totally destroyed. To bad I didn’t take a picture of it, cause it was that bad.

That said: I probably stay there again next time I’m in Chiang Mai, but having to change room three times, because of things they should have seen and fixed before guests arrive, shouldn’t happen.

Lucky for me it was low season and lots of available rooms.

The breakfast is free and alright, and the staff is welcoming.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank torbus
Reviewed 17 July 2019

In a good location within the Old City, with easy access to shops, night markets and entertainment all within walking distance, good massage places literally across the street! The airport is 15 minutes away.

Everything worked great: internet, AC, hot water. We had the Deluxe Double room with twin beds, the room was big, only thing it had a very small balcony. Strong water pressure, big size bathroom.

The buffet breakfast included in price is just OK, apart from the chef on the “egg station”. Only drawback was the swimming pool, which is across the street and is in the shade most of the day.

The hotel was very quiet during the day and night. The staff are helpful and courteous, overall had a good time, value for the money paid. I would recommended The Raming Lodge Hotel to anyone visiting Chiang Mai.

Room tip: Ask for a room with "odd" numbers as they have a mountain view
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

Having read the mixed reviews about this hotel, I was very wary about staying here. However I found the hotel exceeded my expectations. Firstly the hotel is located on Loi Kroh road which is the main road for the beer bars and restaurants all within a short walk from the Hotel's front entrance. I recommend Rock Me Burgers which is located within the hotel, great menu and swift service. I had the Deluxe Double room with a king size bed and nice ensuite. The room was very spacious however the only thing that let it down was the small balcony. The hotel was also very quiet during the day and night.
Breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special apart from the chef who can cook you a nice omelette.
Finally the swimming pool which is located to the rear of the hotel across the road, very nice with a small bar attached but beware there is construction work going on in the building next to the pool which can be annoying if you want to relax, all you will hear is the chug chug of a cement mixer. This was the only negative. I would definitely stay here again and for the price you pay it's a bargain.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Martin503
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel, quick check in, very clean!! Located walking distance to markets, pub and the entertainment district. Pool was through the back of the hotel adjacent to the back lane, but very private and clean. It’s not 5 star, but would stay there again .

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Marlene B
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

I've stayed here lots & the hotel & staff never disappoint.
The rooms (DELUX ROOM WITH KING SIZE BED) are spacious & well appointed & have always been very clean.
The staff are always helpful & very friendly. The breakfast options are very varied with both Thai & western foods available but I've only ever eaten the Thai food for breakfast. The Rock Me Burger restaurant attached to the hotel is fantastic too. I would certainly recommended The Raming Lodge Hotel to anyone visiting Chiang Mai.
Thank you to all the staff & management for making us welcome once again!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank NawtyStupot